08 February 2012
Topic of the day
Putin says Russian Orthodox Church remains leading spiritual component of society
Moscow, May 25, Interfax - President Vladimir Putin has stressed the significant contribution made by the Russian Orthodox Church to the coexistence of different religions in Russia.
"The Russian Orthodox Church as a leading spiritual component of our society is making a very significant contribution to the cause of the coexistence of religions, representatives of different creeds," he said at a meeting with the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill.
Putin noted that the patriarch has always headed the process. He greeted the patriarch on his name-day and simultaneously on the Day of Slavic Written Language pointing out to the happy coincidence of the two holidays.
"Thank you, Vladimir Vladimirovich, for the kind words and for the fact that the relations between the church and state are developing a very good way at all levels with your direct involvement," the patriarch said in reply. "The church-state relations are developing very correctly," he said.
"The fact that our society is consolidating around fundamental moral principles without which neither the individual, nor society can exist is the result of our joint efforts," he said.
Photo by the press service of the president
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
- State Duma to set up council on culture, religion, interethnic relations 16 May 2017, 11:49
- The Church does not share an opinion that it is the Kremlin's "pocket" structure 03 May 2017, 18:30
- St. Isaac Cathedral can gain a status of patriarchal representation 27 April 2017, 21:27
- Sixty-eight percent of citizens oppose monarchy in Russia - poll 24 March 2017, 09:30
- Russian Church doesn't intend to strive for transferring St. Basil Cathedral 02 March 2017, 13:29
- Russian Jews speak for restitution of religious property 28 February 2017, 18:10
- Russian Church accuses opponents of St. Isaac's Cathedral handover of attempting to "rock the boat" 20 February 2017, 10:54
- Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia urges to settle the question with St. Isaac Cathedral in compliance with the law 13 February 2017, 14:23
- Russian Church representative becomes advisor to State Duma speaker 03 February 2017, 18:36
- Ethnic, religious characteristics cannot take precedence over state laws - State Duma speaker 26 January 2017, 14:29
- Events connected with Putin's name are recorded in the world history, Patriarch Kirill 10 October 2016, 10:27
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin says was dismissed due to differences with Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2015, 16:03
- Voice of Orthodox believers should be defining when taking decisions in Russia - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 12 November 2015, 15:59
- Putin says Russian Orthodox Church remains leading spiritual component of society 25 May 2015, 10:10
- Priest says Russia needs system combining monarchy, socialism 02 April 2015, 18:36
- Church is not fused with the state, but it won't be driven into ghetto 02 February 2015, 17:47
- Kremlin emphasizes demand for dialog between authorities, religious organizations 25 April 2014, 10:01
- Putin: state and public will continue supporting Church efforts in education and charity 07 January 2014, 14:23
- Russian Orthodox Church calls Khodorkovsky pardon "act of mercy" 20 December 2013, 17:33
- Patriarch Kirill opposed to any forms of convergence of Church and state 25 November 2013, 14:36
- 50% of Russians think Russia's president must not profess any other religion except Orthodox - poll 11 November 2013, 10:06
- Religious organizations, state don't need state mediator - Union of Orthodox Citizens 23 October 2013, 17:05
- Kremlin mulls introduction of post of commissioner on religious relations 18 October 2013, 16:18
- 15-year qualification scrapped for local religious groups' state registration 09 August 2013, 14:32
- Patriarch Kirill thanks Putin for constructive dialogue with Orthodox Church 26 July 2013, 10:02