29 April 2010
Topic of the day
Moscow, April 6, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and all Russia has called for the cessation of hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh and has expressed the readiness to assist in the settlement of this conflict.
"I put my trust in God and hope for the soonest ceasefire and reconciliation of the sides," the patriarch said in his messages to Catholicos Karekin II of all Armenians and Chairman of the Caucasus Muslim Board Allahshukur Pasha-zade. The report was published on the Russian Orthodox Church website on Wednesday.
The spiritual leaders of Russia, Azerbaijan and Armenia have been promoting the Karabakh settlement together for years, the head of the Russian Orthodox Church said. "I am sure that this valuable experience is now bound to become the foundation of a lasting and fair peace," the patriarch said.
He asked Karekin II and Pasha-zade to use their authority for stopping the bloodshed and the feud.
"For my part, I am ready to give comprehensive support to the noble cause of the settlement of this conflict," the patriarch said.
Photo by epa/vostock-photo
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 |
- Islamic rituals can only be performed by Azeris in Azerbaijan 07 December 2015, 10:19
- Azeri police given power to use firearms, physical force against religious extremists 07 December 2015, 10:13
- Azerbaijani parliament votes to deprive terrorists, religious extremists of citizenship 04 December 2015, 14:55
- Iran has nothing to do with Nardaran Islamic clashes - embassy in Baku 01 December 2015, 15:44
- Azeri police detain six supporters of Muslim Unity movement after its leader's arrest triggered clashes in Nardaran 01 December 2015, 15:21
- Muslim Board of Caucasus considers events in Baku an attempt to seize power 27 November 2015, 13:29
- Four worshippers, four policemen killed in clash in Baku - TV (updated) 26 November 2015, 16:10
- Group of Islamists planning terrorist attacks held in Azerbaijan 05 March 2015, 10:00
- Mosque may be closed in Azerbaijan for violations of laws 28 January 2014, 14:42
- Directorate of Caucasus Muslims condemn Azeris participating in military conflicts abroad 28 January 2014, 13:42
- Spiritual leaders of Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan may issue statement on Karabakh in Yerevan 28 November 2011, 13:13
- Azerbaijani president meets Armenian patriarch 27 April 2010, 11:26
- Karekin II invites leader of Azerbaijani Muslims to Armenia (updated) 26 April 2010, 17:56
- Spiritual leader of Caucasus Muslims calls on religious leaders to unite on counter-terrorism 26 April 2010, 15:43
- Spiritual leaders of Azerbaijan, Armenia, and Russia support efforts of secular authorities on Karabakh settlement 26 April 2010, 15:30
- Patriarch Kirill told how Uzbek police officer gave him a lesson of tolerance 26 April 2010, 14:50
- Patriarch Kirill, Allahshukur Pasha-zade, Karekin II discuss Karabakh 26 April 2010, 14:31
- Patriarch Kirill: interreligious dialogue can effectively solve acute modern-day problems 26 April 2010, 13:53
- Patriarch Kirill urges not to violate human rights and freedoms 26 April 2010, 13:04
- Patriarch Kirill to participate in World Interreligious Summit in Baku 23 April 2010, 15:54
- Constantinople Patriarch gives Qur'an as a present to Chairman of the Caucasus Muslim Board 09 November 2009, 14:12
- Medvedev signed a decree awarding Caucasus Muslim leader with the Order of Honor 06 November 2009, 14:55
- Russian Patriarch to visit Baku, meet Ilia II 06 November 2009, 11:10
- Caucasus Muslims offer help in settling Middle East conflict 24 July 2006, 10:36
- Alexy II is awarded the highest Muslim Order 04 July 2006, 14:14