07 November 2017
Topic of the day
Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes
Moscow, November 7, Interfax - The October revolution collapsed Russia's evolutional development, head of the Moscow Patriarchate's Department for External Church Relations Metropolitan Hilarion believes.
"Russia could have achieved much more, if it had developed in evolutional, not revolutionary way," the metropolitan said on the Church and the World program on Rossiya-24 (VGTRK) television channel.
Answering the question if Russia of the early 20th century could have become a progressive capitalist country, the hierarch reminded that the country was stable and developed rapidly before World War I.
He said that Russia had an opportunity to develop evolutionally, but lost its chance. The metropolitan pointed out to the plan of the country's electrification: it is traditionally connected with Lenin's name, but in fact was worked out in the times of Nicholas II's rule.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
- Putin's comparison of Lenin Mausoleum to veneration of holy relics not sensational - Peskov 15 January 2018, 14:08
- Putin's words about similarity of Communism, Christianity smooth things over Lenin Mausoleum - CPRF 15 January 2018, 10:43
- Communist ideology similar to Christianity - Putin 15 January 2018, 10:00
- Patriarch Kirill urges to cultivate decisive negation of revolutions and civil conflicts 24 November 2017, 13:44
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26
- Lenin's burial not on Kremlin agenda - Peskov 02 November 2017, 13:33
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes 'color' revolutions for using quasi-religious rhetoric 02 November 2017, 10:01
- Church representative speaks against renaming the October Revolution to "Russian" one 01 November 2017, 16:30
- Patriarch Kirill dismisses "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" motto 31 October 2017, 10:26
- The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia urges to remove Lenin's body from the Red Square 19 June 2017, 09:55
- According to some data, Lenin was depicted carrying a piece of cross, not log 13 June 2017, 17:52
- Unity of Russian nation should be preserved – Putin 25 May 2017, 15:09
- President and patriarch unveiled cross in memory of Great Duke Sergey Alexandrovich at the site of his tragic death in Kremlin 05 May 2017, 10:46
- Rabbi Lazar compares Lenin in mausoleum to keeping dead grandfather in closet 03 May 2017, 17:22
- Lenin should be buried out of compassion for his soul, Russian Muslims and Jews believe 27 April 2017, 21:26
- Stepashin tells about Yeltsin's plans to demolish Lenin's mausoleum 26 April 2017, 14:18
- Volodin calls for relying on Putin's opinion, avoiding radical moves in Lenin's reburial issue 21 April 2017, 13:02
- Zyuganov demands Russian Security Council guarantee Lenin not to be reburied 21 April 2017, 12:46
- Over half of Russians believe that Lenin should be buried - poll 20 April 2017, 18:25