07 November 2017
Topic of the day
Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes
Moscow, November 7, Interfax - The October revolution collapsed Russia's evolutional development, head of the Moscow Patriarchate's Department for External Church Relations Metropolitan Hilarion believes.
"Russia could have achieved much more, if it had developed in evolutional, not revolutionary way," the metropolitan said on the Church and the World program on Rossiya-24 (VGTRK) television channel.
Answering the question if Russia of the early 20th century could have become a progressive capitalist country, the hierarch reminded that the country was stable and developed rapidly before World War I.
He said that Russia had an opportunity to develop evolutionally, but lost its chance. The metropolitan pointed out to the plan of the country's electrification: it is traditionally connected with Lenin's name, but in fact was worked out in the times of Nicholas II's rule.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
- Patriarch Kirill blames 1917 revolution on intelligentsia 29 March 2017, 16:41
- Church official believes Lenin will be buried sooner or later 22 March 2017, 16:01
- The Moscow Patriarchate believes Lenin's burial is untimely 17 March 2017, 17:04
- On the 100th anniversary of the emperor's abdication the patriarch prays for victims of the revolution and civil war 15 March 2017, 13:11
- ROCOR urges to rid Red Square of Lenin's remains and destroy monuments to him 13 March 2017, 11:07
- Patriarch Kirill urges to redeem sins of revolution building up a just society 20 February 2017, 17:04
- 20,000 priests were executed during first two years after the October Revolution, hundred of 60,000 churches still worked in 1920 25 January 2017, 18:12
- Arc containing relics of saints who died for faith under Soviets to be carried across Russia to mark 100th anniversary of October Revolution 18 January 2017, 13:06
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia head to take pilgrimage to Russia on occasion of 100th anniversary of October Revolution 11 January 2017, 16:35
- Lenin should be buried, but the most important is not to inflict harm, the Russian church official believes 06 January 2017, 16:22
- Rabbi Lazar condemns Soviet past, calls to bury body of Lenin 06 January 2017, 15:53
- Patriarch Kirill believes the word 'celebrations' inappropriate to 100th anniversary of October revolt 30 December 2016, 13:00
- Patriarch Kirill calls against understating achievements of Soviet administration, troubles that hit country 22 December 2016, 18:46
- Russian Church has built and restored only half of churches existed before revolution 14 December 2016, 18:55
- On the 100th anniversary of the Revolution the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia will commemorate its victims 12 December 2016, 14:40
- Russian Church advises Lenin advocates think about burying him 29 October 2013, 16:23
- Lenin's reburial "not on the agenda" - Putin spokesman 12 December 2012, 10:00
- Metropolitan Hilarion seeks legal assessment of Lenin's speeches 08 November 2012, 13:37
- Communists firmly oppose Lenin's reburial – Zyuganov 27 August 2012, 17:18
- Nationalists, Orthodox activists will demand Lenin's burial at courts, Prosecutor's Office 19 July 2012, 11:34
- Woman prays to spirits to protect Russia from doomsday on Moscow Red Square 28 June 2012, 12:07
- Zyuganov compares Lenin's mausoleum to Qaaba, the Wailing Wall and the Cathedral of Christ the Savior 21 June 2012, 14:50
- Church official offers to check Lenin's works for extremism 02 April 2012, 10:00
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin regrets Orthodox believers failed to exterminate Bolsheviks 22 March 2012, 11:04
- Russian Church calls for condemnation of Stalin, Lenin crimes 25 July 2011, 15:40