07 November 2017
Topic of the day
Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes
Moscow, November 7, Interfax - The October revolution collapsed Russia's evolutional development, head of the Moscow Patriarchate's Department for External Church Relations Metropolitan Hilarion believes.
"Russia could have achieved much more, if it had developed in evolutional, not revolutionary way," the metropolitan said on the Church and the World program on Rossiya-24 (VGTRK) television channel.
Answering the question if Russia of the early 20th century could have become a progressive capitalist country, the hierarch reminded that the country was stable and developed rapidly before World War I.
He said that Russia had an opportunity to develop evolutionally, but lost its chance. The metropolitan pointed out to the plan of the country's electrification: it is traditionally connected with Lenin's name, but in fact was worked out in the times of Nicholas II's rule.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
- Head of Synodal Department proposes to hold subbotnik to "clean" Russia from Lenin's monuments 11 May 2011, 15:27
- Russian Orthodox Church urges political and legal treatment of crimes committed by Bolsheviks 18 April 2011, 13:24
- Lenin should not trample on the Orthodox sanctity, the House of Romanov believes 05 March 2011, 13:37
- Gorbachev: Lenin must be buried with honors 21 February 2011, 14:54
- Muslims suggest transferring Lenin's body to Communist Party's balance 24 January 2011, 13:37
- United Russia MP considers concerts on Vasilyevsky Slope satanic 20 January 2011, 17:53
- Russian people to decide on Lenin's burial in due time - Putin 07 September 2010, 10:01
- Requiem for victims of civil war and revolution 1917 fist held in Moscow on National Unity Day 05 November 2009, 13:39
- Orthodox activists announce contest for church project to replace Lenin's Mausoleum 17 July 2009, 16:51
- Political leader, actors, rockers and gonfalonieres to "exile" Lenin from Mausoleum on his birthday 21 April 2009, 13:08
- Vandalism is not a way to settle disputes over monuments to Lenin, the Russian Church believes 10 April 2009, 15:52
- Lenin's tomb may be relocated when new generations come - Kozhin 09 April 2009, 13:14
- Blown up monuments to Lenin is fight against Bolsheviks with their own losing ways, the Russian Church believes 06 April 2009, 15:30
- Lenin’s body shouldn’t remain on Red Square, the Moscow Patriarchate believes 21 January 2009, 12:52
- Only 15% believe that Lenin stays in mausoleum by right, while two thirds of citizens suggest burying him - poll 21 January 2009, 11:13
- Russian communists oppose Lenin's reburial 07 June 2008, 10:14
- People will allow removing Lenin's body from Red Square - human rights advocate 05 June 2008, 14:34
- Gorbachev supports idea to bury Lenin (updated) 04 June 2008, 13:29
- Lenin asked to bury him like an Orthodox Christian, a producer who made a film about him claims 17 April 2008, 15:32
- Russians are not ready to bury Lenin – a poll 23 January 2008, 17:50
- The Moscow Patriarchate urges Russian society to objectively reconsider the October 1917 events 07 November 2007, 17:29
- Memorial head calls to reburial of executors from beneath Kremlin Wall 07 November 2007, 14:20
- Lenin's body should be buried - Russian human rights commissioner 25 October 2007, 17:04
- Rights activist calls for reburying Lenin, Stalin 11 October 2007, 16:11
- Lenin's Mausoleum in the center of Russia is nonsense, head of Russian presidential administration says 10 October 2007, 11:18