11 December 2020
Topic of the day
Putin instructs FM to initiate discussions on measures to prevent insult of religious feelings at int'l forums
Moscow, December 11, Interfax - Russian President Vladimir Putin has given the Foreign Ministry until March 1, 2021 to initiate discussions on international forums concerning measures to prevent actions insulting religious feelings of believers and fomenting interfaith enmity and conflicts.
The presidential instruction was published on the Kremlin's official website on Friday, following Putin's recent meeting with representatives of religious groups.
The Foreign Ministry has also been told "to consider the possible conclusion of international agreements and (or) the adoption of a UN General Assembly resolution on such matters."
Ismail Berdiyev, the head of the Coordinating Center of Muslims of the North Caucasus, who attended Putin's meeting with religious leaders, proposed bringing the matter up at the UN Security Council to prompt all countries to adopt legislation against actions insulting believers' religious feelings.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |
- Putin instructs FM to initiate discussions on measures to prevent insult of religious feelings at int'l forums 11 December 2020, 15:43
- Peskov calls Chechen state TV channel's assessment of actions of man who killed teacher in Paris incorrect 08 December 2020, 14:09
- Putin said inadmissible to hurt feelings of believers, to allow extremism - Peskov 05 November 2020, 13:29
- Patriarch Kirill mourns over victims of Vienna terrorist attack 05 November 2020, 10:38
- Inter-ethnic relations situation exacerbated in several countries, Russia must not allow this - Putin 05 November 2020, 10:37
- Putin backs idea of int'l ban on insulting religious feelings 05 November 2020, 10:33
- Russia's Chief Rabbi Lazar opposed to phrase 'Islamic terrorism' 03 November 2020, 19:00
- Freedom of speech mustn't hurt religious feelings - Russia's Matviyenko 03 November 2020, 18:27
- Expert on Islam calls the terrorist attack in Vienna an echo of the caricature scandal in France 03 November 2020, 13:00
- Lukashenko offers Macron his mediation between him, Muslims 02 November 2020, 20:54
- Rector of the Russian church in Nice considers recent terrorist attacks a forerunner of a major religious war 02 November 2020, 15:09
- Russian Orthodox Church advises France to adopt law protecting believers' feelings 02 November 2020, 14:41
- Catholic church used by French in Moscow to close temporarily for security reasons 02 November 2020, 10:00
- Russian mufti condemns attacks on innocent people, calls on Muslims to be above those who slander Islam 30 October 2020, 18:01
- Kremlin sees no connection between attack on police station in Tatarstan and events in France (updated) 30 October 2020, 16:41
- FJCR President puts on Charlie Hebdo indirect blame for the attack on church in Nice 30 October 2020, 13:42
- Tatarstan Interior Ministry denies Kukmor assailant was on police books as extremist-minded person 30 October 2020, 13:14
- Islamist teenager shot dead after attacking police station in Russia's Tatarstan 30 October 2020, 11:08
- Patriarch Kirill condemns Nice attack disguised by religious slogans 29 October 2020, 20:07
- Muslims holding unauthorized protest outside French embassy in Moscow 29 October 2020, 17:57
- Kremlin comments on Chechen authorities' plans to pay 100,000 rubles for naming newborns after Prophet Muhammad 29 October 2020, 16:34
- Putin calls attack at Nice church 'cynical, brutal crime,' says Russians share French people's anger, grief - Kremlin 29 October 2020, 16:33
- Magazine similar to France's Charlie Hebdo impossible in Russia - Peskov 29 October 2020, 14:35
- Unacceptable to insult feelings of believers, kill people for religious reasons - Peskov 29 October 2020, 14:32
- Kremlin describes Nice church attack as 'absolutely horrific tragedy' 29 October 2020, 14:30