27 October 2009
Topic of the day
Церковь и молодежь
Tver, October 22, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate urges Orthodox youth to organize powerful movement and hold more resonant actions using cutting edge PR technologies.
"Modern PR technologies have various means that can be used in Orthodox mission," head of the Synodal Youth Department Archbishop Alexander of Kostroma and Galich said speaking at an Orthodox youth congregation of the Central Federal District in Tver.
According to Archbishop Alexander, projects of Orthodox youth movement should be "non-political, spiritually substantial, arouse understanding rather than perplexity, or even irritation in church and secular society."
Besides, he urged to organize in Russia "truly popular Orthodox youth movement," and reminded that Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia had voiced such a suggestion before.
According to him, it is high time every church person understood that "ideal of a Christian is not that of a passive human being who accepts all life imperfections, but rather a worker, a hero and if you prefer a fighter."
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 |
- Formation of moral youth in Russia is question of national security, Patriarch Kirill believes 23 January 2012, 15:28
- Orthodox priest makes an appearance at St. Petersburg rock concert 21 June 2011, 15:50
- Well-known Orthodox activist has written a book on sexual relations 23 May 2011, 16:16
- Russian Church proposes to encourage decent night clubs 11 May 2011, 12:41
- Mongolian rock musicians promote positive image of Orthodoxy 01 November 2010, 12:37
- Primate of a local Orthodox Church began as a hippie 05 October 2010, 14:45
- Most well-known rocker priest in Russia turns 50 today 04 August 2010, 12:09
- Patriarch Kirill seeks to instill healthy patriotism in young people 02 August 2010, 12:14
- Patriarch Kirill urges clergy to avoid putting pressure on young people and seek common language with them 26 July 2010, 13:11
- Patriarch Kirill recommends priests to be more active in social networks 02 July 2010, 11:00
- Renowned Orthodox missionary presented an icon to the Deep Purple vocalist 15 June 2010, 13:25
- A well-known Moscow missionary think Goths to be the most grateful flock 21 May 2010, 12:56
- Faith and Cause forum to be attended by over 5,000 Orthodox followers 21 May 2010, 10:00
- Muslims in Nizhny Novgorod told not to celebrate Valentine's Day 12 February 2010, 13:35
- Putin urges young people to follow St. Francis model 26 January 2010, 12:16
- Two Orthodox monks publish a punk-style zine in the USA 06 November 2009, 14:27
- Russian Church urges Russian youth to actively apply PR technologies 22 October 2009, 15:44
- Russian Church calls on Orthodox youth to fight drugs, corruption 22 October 2009, 13:31
- Renowned British rockers meet with Orthodox priests, their fans when youngsters, in Moscow 13 October 2009, 12:47
- Dean's wife organizes rap music club at a church in Voronezh region 06 October 2009, 13:47
- Monk-missionary invents online game to attract youth to churches 01 September 2009, 13:19
- Orthodox youth session opens in the Tver Region 27 July 2009, 13:52
- Deacon Kurayev: The Church is open to anyone, including rappers, Goths and skinheads 08 July 2009, 12:04
- Patriarch Kirill: Russia has a long way to go until today's formally Orthodox laity becomes committed believers 01 June 2009, 10:30
- Patriarch Kirill to pursue communication with young people at stadiums 19 May 2009, 16:45