04 September 2013
Topic of the day
On the eve of G20 summit in Petersburg 103 organizations from 33 countries back up Russian law banning gay propaganda among children
St. Petersburg, September 4, Interfax - On the eve of G20 summit in St. Petersburg, over 100 organizations advocating family values and representing civil society in the 33countries signed a statement to support the law recently adopted in Russia that bans propaganda of non-traditional relations among children.
"Natural family set up by the way of marriage between man and woman is a foundation of every human society and has a right to be protected by society and state, which is fixed in international norms on human rights, including Universal Declaration of Human Rights," the document conveyed to Interfax reads.
The authors remind that "any initiative inflicting harm to a family is destructive for society" and children need special protection as "they are innocent and immature."
The statement stresses that Russian law banning gay propaganda protects children's and parents' rights recognized by international agreements. Organizations that backed up the document believe that "Russia protects true and generally accepted human rights from artificially fabricated "values" aggressively implanted in many modern societies."
In conclusion the authors of the statement urge to respect sovereignty of Russian people and ask all people of good will to support Russia, as well as Ukraine and Moldavia that face the same foreign pressure in connection with similar legal norms.
Organizations from European countries, Latin America and the USA, including such international structures as the World Congress of Families and European Large Families Association supported the statement. Spanish organization Professional for Ethics initiated the document.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 |
- Gay marriages don't make Russia, Europe closer to each other - Russian MP 19 February 2014, 14:00
- Picket in support of French opposed to legalization of same-sex "marriages" held in Yerevan 12 February 2014, 16:21
- Protodeacon Kurayev believes giraffe's murder in Danish Zoo is natural for a society where homosexuals reign 11 February 2014, 17:09
- Chief mufti of Tajikistan condemns homosexuality 10 February 2014, 17:33
- Recognition of gay "marriages" a challenge to God-given laws - Russian patriarch 10 February 2014, 10:35
- No applications made to protest against anti-gay law during Olympics - Deputy PM Kozak 06 February 2014, 15:10
- Kremlin hasn't received law from culture, science figures on rescinding anti-gay law – spokesman 06 February 2014, 13:26
- Protodeacon Kurayev believes absurd homosexuals' wish to call their unions families 29 January 2014, 17:37
- Court rejects appeal in gay propaganda case - LGBT activist Alexeyev 23 January 2014, 18:06
- Okhlobystin steps down as chief creative officer of Euroset after LGBT threats 15 January 2014, 10:01
- Kazakh MPs seek criminal liability for homosexuality 14 January 2014, 14:00
- Idea to return criminal liability for homosexuality is logical - Orthodox human rights activist 10 January 2014, 17:10
- Russian Orthodox Church supports debate on anti-sodomy law 10 January 2014, 13:09
- Rights defenders say Okhlobystin's idea to put gays in prison is obscurantist, odious 10 January 2014, 11:54
- Russian LGBT community does not expect "sodomy" article to be restored in Penal Code 10 January 2014, 11:42
- Russian cellphone trader not to fire manager for seeking gay sex re-criminalization 10 January 2014, 10:14
- Georgian patriarch asks Europe not to impose alien ideas on nation 07 January 2014, 14:15
- Ukraine not prepared to legalize same-sex "marriages", as demanded by EU - Azarov 16 December 2013, 10:00
- Minsk administration bans public events organized by sexual minorities 11 December 2013, 10:05
- Russia to oppose inclusion of sections on sexual orientation in intl documents 10 December 2013, 10:02
- Elton John performs in Moscow, protests homophobia 09 December 2013, 10:01
- Homophobia should not be created in society - Putin 21 November 2013, 10:05
- Moscow perplexed with U.S. demands for review of IOC opinion on Russian gay propaganda law 15 November 2013, 13:21
- Georgian Patriarchate against LGBT-sponsored shelter for homeless children 15 November 2013, 12:53
- Russia did not violate intl law by banning homosexuality propaganda among minors - children's ombudsman (updated) 14 November 2013, 16:30