04 September 2013
Topic of the day
On the eve of G20 summit in Petersburg 103 organizations from 33 countries back up Russian law banning gay propaganda among children
St. Petersburg, September 4, Interfax - On the eve of G20 summit in St. Petersburg, over 100 organizations advocating family values and representing civil society in the 33countries signed a statement to support the law recently adopted in Russia that bans propaganda of non-traditional relations among children.
"Natural family set up by the way of marriage between man and woman is a foundation of every human society and has a right to be protected by society and state, which is fixed in international norms on human rights, including Universal Declaration of Human Rights," the document conveyed to Interfax reads.
The authors remind that "any initiative inflicting harm to a family is destructive for society" and children need special protection as "they are innocent and immature."
The statement stresses that Russian law banning gay propaganda protects children's and parents' rights recognized by international agreements. Organizations that backed up the document believe that "Russia protects true and generally accepted human rights from artificially fabricated "values" aggressively implanted in many modern societies."
In conclusion the authors of the statement urge to respect sovereignty of Russian people and ask all people of good will to support Russia, as well as Ukraine and Moldavia that face the same foreign pressure in connection with similar legal norms.
Organizations from European countries, Latin America and the USA, including such international structures as the World Congress of Families and European Large Families Association supported the statement. Spanish organization Professional for Ethics initiated the document.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
- Homophobia should not be created in society - Putin 21 November 2013, 10:05
- Moscow perplexed with U.S. demands for review of IOC opinion on Russian gay propaganda law 15 November 2013, 13:21
- Georgian Patriarchate against LGBT-sponsored shelter for homeless children 15 November 2013, 12:53
- Russia did not violate intl law by banning homosexuality propaganda among minors - children's ombudsman (updated) 14 November 2013, 16:30
- Attempt to link Russia-EU visa talks with position of sexual minorities absurd - diplomatic source 07 November 2013, 10:05
- Protesters: pact with EU to mean Ukraine's "homosexualization" 06 November 2013, 10:01
- Putin says Olympic Games participants, guests, including sexual minorities, will be comfortable 29 October 2013, 10:25
- Police detain 67 LGBT activists at rally in central St. Petersburg 14 October 2013, 10:09
- Orthodox supporters of gay propaganda penalty thwart Moldovan parliament's meeting 11 October 2013, 11:38
- Ban on gay propaganda won't affect sexual minorities' rights - Naryshkin 02 October 2013, 10:02
- There are no laws in Russia that punish sexual minorities - Putin 20 September 2013, 11:42
- Russian court upholds ban on planned LGBT events 19 September 2013, 10:02
- Meeting between Obama, LGBT activists in Russia is double standards - diplomat 09 September 2013, 11:30
- Duma to consider bill depriving gay parents of parental rights 05 September 2013, 11:11
- Gay activist asks for meeting with Putin 04 September 2013, 13:18
- Putin is ready for meeting with sexual minorities (updated) 04 September 2013, 11:15
- On the eve of G20 summit in Petersburg 103 organizations from 33 countries back up Russian law banning gay propaganda among children 04 September 2013, 10:06
- Russian parishes in the USA respond to a LGBT protest with joint prayer of clergy and laity 28 August 2013, 15:14
- Russian Church spokesman defends Isinbayeva for backing anti-gay propaganda law 20 August 2013, 17:23
- Duma deputy defends tougher liability of foreigners for anti-gay propaganda 16 August 2013, 19:42
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin surprised by Lukin's stance on same-sex "marriage" 15 August 2013, 17:15
- Orthodox human rights advocate is ironic about Lukin's suggestion to legalize unisex "marriages" step by step 15 August 2013, 16:26
- Russian anti-gay propaganda law will not affect law-abiding athletes - 2018 FIFA World Cup chief 14 August 2013, 10:00
- No discrimination of gays will occur at Sochi Olympics - Russian Interior Ministry 12 August 2013, 16:54
- Obama opposed to law banning gay propaganda passed in Russia 09 August 2013, 11:11