04 September 2013
Topic of the day
On the eve of G20 summit in Petersburg 103 organizations from 33 countries back up Russian law banning gay propaganda among children
St. Petersburg, September 4, Interfax - On the eve of G20 summit in St. Petersburg, over 100 organizations advocating family values and representing civil society in the 33countries signed a statement to support the law recently adopted in Russia that bans propaganda of non-traditional relations among children.
"Natural family set up by the way of marriage between man and woman is a foundation of every human society and has a right to be protected by society and state, which is fixed in international norms on human rights, including Universal Declaration of Human Rights," the document conveyed to Interfax reads.
The authors remind that "any initiative inflicting harm to a family is destructive for society" and children need special protection as "they are innocent and immature."
The statement stresses that Russian law banning gay propaganda protects children's and parents' rights recognized by international agreements. Organizations that backed up the document believe that "Russia protects true and generally accepted human rights from artificially fabricated "values" aggressively implanted in many modern societies."
In conclusion the authors of the statement urge to respect sovereignty of Russian people and ask all people of good will to support Russia, as well as Ukraine and Moldavia that face the same foreign pressure in connection with similar legal norms.
Organizations from European countries, Latin America and the USA, including such international structures as the World Congress of Families and European Large Families Association supported the statement. Spanish organization Professional for Ethics initiated the document.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 |
- Austrian MP condemns USA in attempts to blow up traditional European values 11 September 2014, 13:28
- Crimea does not need sexual minorities - Aksyonov 02 September 2014, 17:56
- Klitschko urges LGBT community to cancel gay parade in Kiev 07 July 2014, 11:29
- Putin dismisses problems of Russian sexual minorities as "virtual" 25 June 2014, 10:01
- Russians have less dislike for nudists than for transsexuals - poll 23 June 2014, 10:01
- Court upholds refusal to allow April LGBT rallies in Kostroma 17 June 2014, 14:44
- Putin: Russia has the right to protect children from promoting homosexuality 05 June 2014, 11:50
- Orthodox believers hold a flashmob against homosexual propaganda in downtown Moscow 02 June 2014, 13:11
- Sewer system disturbs plans to hold gay pride in Kostroma 02 June 2014, 10:42
- Homosexual cohabitation to be registered in Estonia 22 May 2014, 18:00
- Application of sexual minorities to hold gay parade denied - Moscow mayor's office 21 May 2014, 16:25
- Khabarovsk gay picket disrupted by locals 19 May 2014, 14:08
- Chisinau sexual minority march thwarted 19 May 2014, 10:00
- Sexual minorities say Moscow authorities banned "bearded march" named after Conchita Wurst 15 May 2014, 12:02
- Metropolitan of Minsk suggests to abstain from participation in Eurovision 14 May 2014, 10:01
- Gay activists inform Moscow Mayor's Office on holding Conchita Wurst march of bearded women, men 13 May 2014, 17:22
- United Russia MP indignant at transvestite’s victory in Eurovision, urges to protect traditional family 13 May 2014, 10:00
- The Church believes Austrian representative's victory in Eurovision is another step to refusing Christian identity in Europe 12 May 2014, 11:29
- Georgian Church protests adoption of anti-discrimination legislation recommended by EU 30 April 2014, 10:11
- Gay parades not permitted in Sevastopol or Simferopol 16 April 2014, 16:59
- Kostroma authorities to appeal court ruling over illegality of gay pride parade ban 09 April 2014, 10:13
- Court invalidates ban on gay events in Kostroma 04 April 2014, 15:54
- Gay activists prevented from meeting in Osh 02 April 2014, 16:48
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes opportunity to choose from 50 gender options in social networks 31 March 2014, 10:00
- Gay marriages don't make Russia, Europe closer to each other - Russian MP 19 February 2014, 14:00