13 February 2016
Topic of the day
Russian and Catholic Church to hold an action to help Syrian children
Moscow, April 22, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate together with Catholics realizes the programs of helping Syria.
"There are objectives that can be reached: to form informational background on eliminated or destroyed shrines in Syria - monasteries, churches, parochial houses and to hold an action in the end of the year in favor of children of Syria, in the city of Homs. We will coordinate it and look what will come out of it," official of the international Catholic charities foundation Church in Need Pyotr Gumenyuk said at a Moscow press conference.
Delegation of the Russian Orthodox Church, the Roman Catholic Church and the mentioned foundation visited Lebanon and Syria early in April, they met with leaders of major Christian confessions of the regions, visited refugees camps, hold seminars.
Secretary for Inter-Christian Affairs of the Synodal Department for External Church Relation hieromonk Stefan (Igumnov) said that the detailed list of destroyed and damaged religious objects had already been formed, and there was an understanding how to realize this joint project.
"It certainly takes some time and additional interaction with local Christians, but contact for such interaction was already set up during our trip," he said stressing that the most important part of reviving Syria should be restoration of shrines.
Head of the Catholic Archdiocese of the Mother of God in Moscow Archbishop Paolo Pezzi said: "This trip allowed us to carry out the first concrete step after meeting of Pope Francis of Rome and Patriarch Kirill in Havana. It is the first event that comes out of this meeting (it focused on protection of Middle East Christians - IF).
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 |
- Patriarch-Pope meeting in Belarus could help solve Ukrainian crisis - Vatican envoy 08 July 2016, 17:56
- New apostolic nuncio for the soonest continuation of Orthodox-Catholic contacts started on Cuba 14 June 2016, 11:07
- Russian culture and religiosity attracts new apostolic nuncio to Russia 14 June 2016, 11:01
- Belarus ready to host meeting between Pope, Patriarch Kirill 27 May 2016, 16:30
- Lukashenko proposes arrangement of meeting between Pontiff and Patriarch of Moscow for sake of peace in Donbass (updated) 23 May 2016, 10:57
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Catholics to defend Christians' rights in the world together 20 May 2016, 10:00
- Russian and Catholic Church to hold an action to help Syrian children 22 April 2016, 11:25
- Patriarch's meeting with the pope helped save thousands of Syrians - Synod 18 April 2016, 14:17
- Russian, Catholic Churches to make list of destroyed churches, monasteries in Syria 11 April 2016, 10:00
- Patriarch Kirill's meeting with the pontiff contributed to responding to global challenges, the Russian Foreign minister believes 06 April 2016, 17:05
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Pope Francis on Easter 28 March 2016, 15:11
- Patriarch Kirill says meeting with Pope forced world to admit genocide of Christians 21 March 2016, 10:01
- Russian Orthodox Church denies plans to take in Uniates 11 March 2016, 13:35
- Russian Orthodox Church cites deep differences with Holy See 11 March 2016, 12:27
- Russians consider meeting between pope, patriarch useful, support their further contacts - poll 09 March 2016, 18:28
- The Unia will always be the apple of discord between the Churches if Uniates won't overcome intolerance to others - UOC official 26 February 2016, 16:11
- State Duma speaker urges European politicians to follow the example of the pope and the patriarch 26 February 2016, 10:00
- Meeting between Patriarch Kirill, Pope affected situation in world - Russian Church 24 February 2016, 16:30
- Patriarch Kirill urges Ukrainian Uniates to renounce language of hatred, political cliches 24 February 2016, 10:13
- Meeting with Pope was prepared in secret because of too many opponents - Patriarch Kirill 24 February 2016, 10:08
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Catholics to jointly oppose de-Christianization of human civilization 20 February 2016, 18:14
- Nuncio's move from Russia is not connected with the meeting of the patriarch and the pope, the Russian church official says 20 February 2016, 10:22
- Russian Church urges its parishioners not to be afraid of the Orthodox and the Catholic Churches merger after Cuba meeting 20 February 2016, 10:21
- Russian and Catholic Church to exchange shrines for their believers to venerate during this year 19 February 2016, 16:11
- Ukrainian Greek-Catholics have aggressive rhetoric, even pope not an authority to them - Russian Church 17 February 2016, 17:49