03 April 2017
Topic of the day
Patriarch Kirill prays for those killed in St. Petersburg, calls for violence to be fought
Moscow, April 3, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia has extended condolences in regard of people's deaths in the explosion in the St. Petersburg metro.
"The impudent crime that has been committed cannot have any justification. The Russian Orthodox Church strongly condemns aggressive actions against civilians and calls on society to counter any manifestations of violence," the patriarch said in his condolence to St. Petersburg Georgy Poltavchenko and Metropolitan Varsonofy of St. Petersburg and Ladoga, which was cited by the patriarch's press service on Monday.
The patriarch called on the St. Petersburg clergy to provide all necessary spiritual assistance and support to those affected by the tragedy.
"May the Almighty One send His abundant assistance to rescuers, medical workers, law enforcement officials and everyone who is working to deal with the aftermath of the disaster," the text said.
The patriarch said he is praying for prompt healing of the wounded and the repose of the victims' souls.
Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
- Radical Islamist detained on suspicion of plotting terror attack in Moscow 05 November 2019, 13:25
- St. Petersburg resident sentenced to 5 years in prison for preparing Kazan Cathedral terror attack 10 August 2018, 10:40
- Taxi driver arrested for recruiting would-be terrorists near St. Petersburg Central Mosque 18 April 2017, 11:24
- Spiritual administration of Dagestan will carry out donor action to support the injured in the terror attack in Petersburg 06 April 2017, 18:58
- St. Pete terror suspect may have been recruited by Islamists in 2017 during one-month return to Kyrgyzstan - source 04 April 2017, 18:25
- Terror attack in Petersburg casts a challenge not only to authorities, but to all people - Patriarch Kirill 04 April 2017, 16:07
- Patriarch Kirill prays for those killed in St. Petersburg, calls for violence to be fought 03 April 2017, 20:08
- Mufti Gainutdin calls for prevention of destruction of civil peace in Russia in light of St. Pete tragedy 03 April 2017, 19:11
- Rabbi Lazar wishes people of St. Pete to bravely live through tragedy 03 April 2017, 19:06
- Hizb ut-Tahrir cell's activity suppressed in Tatarstan 30 September 2016, 10:04
- Russian religious organizations' fight against extremism crucial - Putin 29 October 2015, 12:00
- Only 3% of Russians said the main threat is from Islamic terrorists 25 June 2015, 12:31
- Many people join ISIS searching for personal happiness - political expert 08 June 2015, 18:09
- Interior Ministry denies detention of ISIS recruiters in Moscow 08 June 2015, 16:05
- Four Hizb ut-Tahrir members convicted of terror plot to blow up N. Novgorod shopping mall 05 May 2015, 10:22
- Lavrov: Islamic State is Russia's main enemy now 22 April 2015, 12:51
- Three jailed for life over murder of prominent religious leader in Dagestan 21 April 2015, 12:07
- Jihadist threat to Europe from south cannot be opposed without Russia - Greek PM 09 April 2015, 13:37
- Russians trained by ISIL may be used against home country 26 March 2015, 15:08
- Over 5,000 mercenaries from CIS fight on ISIS side - expert 23 March 2015, 16:15
- Schoolchildren from Turkey, Italy, Egypt to discuss fight against religious extremism in St. Petersburg 23 March 2015, 12:57
- Russia outlaws ISIL, Muslim Brotherhood - FSB 27 February 2015, 15:47
- Berl Lazar calls for all countries to unite in fight against terrorism 16 February 2015, 17:06
- Chief Rabbi of Russia urges all world powers to unite in struggle with terrorism 12 January 2015, 13:15
- NAC: Assaults, extortions are main sources financing religious extremists 16 December 2014, 13:24