15 October 2012, 16:03
Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin: "small people" aim to upset Patriarch's emotional balance
Moscow, October 15, Interfax - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin, the head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations, believes there are people who aim to upset Patriarch Krill's emotional balance.
"I will not name any names now. I think you don't even know them, they are very small people, but they are concerned about their role in history and they obviously plan to be in demand with the authorities, the West, or someone else sometime. Their aim is to reduce the patriarch to a serious physical breakdown or a psychological breakdown," the priest said in an interview with Snob magazine.
Father Vsevolod said the Patriarch uses his mystical and religious feelings and is correctly reacting to "attempts to psychologically destabilize him."
The priest said the Patriarch's ill-wishers "do not understand the psychology of religious people," although some of them "have "a certain distorted form of religious feelings." Father Vsevolod reiterated that the Patriarch's mind is cleared of all extraneous thought after a church service. "You can write for 10 hours 'We will kill you, we will cut your head off', but it doesn't affect him in any way," he said.
"The Patriarch serves very emotionally. His service contradicts the Moscow tradition, the Athos impartiality. This impartiality sometimes turns into an 'I don't care' attitude. Kirill does things that were not accepted a mere five years ago. He reads secret prayers out loud that were considered a holy secret by several generations of the Moscow clergy. He gives a church service and all worldly things go away. This is the reason why he can't be reduced to a state of rage and breakdown," the priest said.
- Russia issued seven warnings over inciting national and religious enmity in 2014 23 April 2014, 15:36
- Yatsenyuk has yet to decide whether he will go to the Vatican 23 April 2014, 10:00
- Lukashenko cites Bible during address, calls for national unity 22 April 2014, 14:36
- Leader of the Ukrainian Union of Orthodox citizens is proclaimed people’s president of Novorossia Republic 21 April 2014, 18:09
- No religious fanatics ever existed in Kazakhstan - Nazarbayev 18 April 2014, 17:14
- Doctors of Rostov clinic refuse abortions for Easter week 18 April 2014, 16:29
- Church official hopes that West hears Putin’s call to build Europe basing on shared values 18 April 2014, 11:03
- Beijing: Islamists control regional drug trafficking routes 17 April 2014, 16:27
- Russian people, like Noah, urged not to let the world finally sink in sin, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 16 April 2014, 19:21
- Two chapels and baptistery set on fire in Ulyanovsk region 16 April 2014, 17:47
- Alleged ex-activist of Hizb ut-Tahrir going on trial in Moscow 16 April 2014, 17:11
- Gay parades not permitted in Sevastopol or Simferopol 16 April 2014, 16:59
- Two imams banned from mosque service in Kyrgyzstan 16 April 2014, 15:29
- Kadyrov wants to build a mosque in Sevastopol 16 April 2014, 11:49
- Murderer confessed in his crimes after becoming a believer 15 April 2014, 16:11
- Islamic radicals are unpopular in Crimea - expert 15 April 2014, 11:08
- Putin thanks Russia's chief rabbi for contribution in enhancing inter-confession peace 15 April 2014, 10:00
- About 170 tonnes of matzah made for Passover in Russia 14 April 2014, 10:08
- Two militants suspected killers of Dagestan village imam 14 April 2014, 10:00
- Odessa Diocese secretary moves to Moscow for fear of persecution 11 April 2014, 17:27
- WRPC Human Rights Center supports the idea of criminal proceedings against Gorbachev 11 April 2014, 16:31
- Group of Jehovah's Witnesses followers detained in Uzbekistan 11 April 2014, 14:23
- Roman Abramovich spends half million dollars on Passover celebrations 11 April 2014, 10:08
- Village mosque imam killed in Dagestan 11 April 2014, 10:00
- Russian oligarchs start a pilgrimage across Israeli desert 10 April 2014, 11:39
- Radical Islam followers from Europe, Central Asia fight for Syrian militants - Bortnikov 09 April 2014, 14:03
- Assailants of Dagestan madrasah teacher killed in police operation 09 April 2014, 11:24
- Iraqi Sharia court to try Bryansk pedagogue on earthenware smuggling counts 09 April 2014, 10:59
- Kostroma authorities to appeal court ruling over illegality of gay pride parade ban 09 April 2014, 10:13
- Terrorism, Wahhabism neutralized in Chechnya completely – Kadyrov 09 April 2014, 10:04