17 October 2012, 14:52
Lukashenko speaks negatively on Pussy Riot, FEMEN
Minsk, October 17, Interfax - Byelorussian President Alexander Lukashenko has called against the glorification of the punk group Pussy Riot.
"We shouldn't create problems out of nothing. And we shouldn't glorify bad people either," Lukashenko told a press conference for the Russian regional media in Minsk on Tuesday.
"As regards [Pussy Riot], we have had experience working with such political groups," Lukashenko said.
"The Russian media made a big negative contribution here," Lukashenko said. At the same time, he said that nothing can be hidden from the Internet these days. "We all need to change our attitude and adjust, including the church," the president said.
Commenting on the actions organized by the Ukrainian movement FEMEN, Lukashenko said: "Some naked women from Ukraine have visited here. They imitated me and hung around here, although my breasts look nothing like theirs."
"If we catch them, they will put their breasts on someone's shoulders. We don't need that," Lukashenko said.
- Pardoning Pussy Riot is not reconsidering court ruling – Putin 19 December 2013, 15:21
- Patriarch Kirill urges safety of clergy 19 December 2013, 10:10
- Russian Orthodox, Catholic churches concur on many issues - patriarch 19 December 2013, 10:01
- Head of Russian Jewish organization slams EU "pressure" on Ukraine 18 December 2013, 10:03
- Meeting of Pope, Patriarch is historical event, requires detailed preparations - Vatican 17 December 2013, 10:01
- Kyrgyzstan arrests 8 members of Hizb ut-Tahrir 16 December 2013, 10:10
- Ukraine not prepared to legalize same-sex "marriages", as demanded by EU - Azarov 16 December 2013, 10:00
- Gifts of the Magi relic from Mount Athos to visit Russia, Belarus and Ukraine 13 December 2013, 14:10
- Moscow concerned about Islamist insurgents seizing military warehouses in northern Syria 13 December 2013, 10:01
- Investigators intend to question Grozovsky lawyer as witness 13 December 2013, 10:00
- Five men suspected of setting fire to churches in Tatarstan turn out to be Islamists 12 December 2013, 17:01
- Yanukovich invites reps of all political forces, clergy to have dialog 12 December 2013, 10:00
- Minsk administration bans public events organized by sexual minorities 11 December 2013, 10:05
- Russia arrests presumed Hizb ut-Tahrir envoy 11 December 2013, 10:02
- Believers have right to influence public processes, state - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 11 December 2013, 10:00
- Russia to oppose inclusion of sections on sexual orientation in intl documents 10 December 2013, 10:02
- Amnesty could apply to Pussy Riot members - newspaper 10 December 2013, 10:01
- Elton John performs in Moscow, protests homophobia 09 December 2013, 10:01
- It is unacceptable for constitution to give preference to any one faith - Russian premier 06 December 2013, 16:09
- Deputy Milonov proposes easing receipt of Russian citizenship for "spiritually insulted" Europeans 04 December 2013, 15:49
- Moscow, Antioch Patriarchates call for release of kidnapped Syrian nuns 04 December 2013, 15:47
- Catholic priest suspected of high treason released from Belarusian KGB cell pending trial - Apostolic Nunciature 04 December 2013, 14:23
- Russia wants terror attacks stopped against religious figures, worship sites in Syria 04 December 2013, 12:16
- Lawyer: Russian priest accused of pedophilia remains in Israel 04 December 2013, 10:10
- Russians still trust president, Church the most - poll 04 December 2013, 10:09
- Conflicts on former Soviet soil should be settled peacefully - Russian Church 03 December 2013, 15:28
- Muslim organization leader appointed head of new Kazakh movement 03 December 2013, 14:39
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin calls for fight against destructive sects 02 December 2013, 17:43
- Reward pledged in Tatarstan for info on church arsonists 02 December 2013, 17:24
- Orthodox Christians to hold sacred procession in Kiev 02 December 2013, 13:51