14 November 2012, 17:30
Patriarch Kirill points out importance of Russian Orthodox Church presence on Holy Land
Amman, November 14, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia believes the return of the Moscow Patriarchate to the Holy Land is a good process.
"The return of Holy Rus to the Holy Land will have a positive effect and good consequences both for the spiritual life of our people and the life of Orthodox people in the Holy Land," he told reporters at the Jordan airport, summing up the results of his visit to the Holy Land.
The Patriarch said his visit played a very significant role because it involved the sanctification of the Church of All Saints in Jerusalem and a visit to the Russian Pilgrim House in Jordan.
"These are new important steps, which are aimed at increasing the presence of the Russian Orthodox Church in the Holy Land. When we speak about increasing its presence, we do not mean the increase of its physical presence, but we primarily believe it is important to ensure that as many our pilgrims visit the Holy Land as possible," Patriarch Kirill says.
The Patriarch said an increase in the number of pilgrims will strengthen people spiritually and will "increase Russia's ties with the countries where holy places are located."
"We can already see what extensive maintenance and restoration work is being conducted in the churches of the Jerusalem Patriarchate. Of course, it is all connected with the appearance of our pilgrims because the financial possibilities of the Jerusalem church are increasing too. We are very happy because the holy places have been in need of serious restoration for many years," he said.
- Russian Orthodox Church considering accepting Alexandria clergy who don't want to recognize Ukrainian schism 24 September 2021, 17:40
- Patriarch of Constantinople who visited Kiev has no right to speak on behalf of Orthodox world - Russian Church 24 September 2021, 17:24
- Russian Prosecutor General's Office designates two Scientology organizations undesirable 24 September 2021, 16:58
- Five Jehovah's Witnesses convicted in Russia's Volgograd Region 24 September 2021, 10:10
- Court dismisses appeal against forcible treatment of Yakutia shaman Gabyshev 23 September 2021, 15:22
- FJCR calls on Ukrainian authorities to expand definition of anti-Semitism 23 September 2021, 15:18
- Krasny Pakhar Jamaat added to Russian list of terrorist groups 22 September 2021, 16:29
- Ukraine adopts law on fight against anti-Semitism 22 September 2021, 13:38
- Afghanistan must form inclusive govt - SCO summit declaration 17 September 2021, 17:12
- Patriarch Kirill doubts legitimacy of authority of Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople 16 September 2021, 16:38
- Jehovah's Witness jailed for 3 years in Kostroma 08 September 2021, 10:00
- Jehovah's Witness from Pskov Region gets suspended sentence 08 September 2021, 10:00
- Putin notes contribution of Jewish religious organizations to interethnic peace, accord 06 September 2021, 14:26
- Metropolitan Hilarion compared Patriarch Bartholomew to a robber and a thief 06 September 2021, 10:52
- Russian Church concerned about the fate of Christians in Afghanistan 06 September 2021, 10:43
- Supporters of radical Islam held in Tula 06 September 2021, 10:36
- Defrocked priest Sergy's supporter remanded in custody – court 02 September 2021, 18:13
- More than 5.5 thousand clerics and monks of the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia have been ill with coronavirus 02 September 2021, 14:36
- More than 2.5 million people have visited the Jewish Museum in Moscow during its nine years of operation 02 September 2021, 14:31
- Lithuanian president promises not to allow LGBT history to be taught in schools 02 September 2021, 14:25
- Associate of former schema-hegumen Sergy detained in hatred fanning case 01 September 2021, 15:26
- Complaints about threats from Male State community should be processed by law enforcement agencies - Peskov 31 August 2021, 14:57
- Taliban to present themselves as less radical to get investments – expert 31 August 2021, 13:45
- Russian Justice Ministry adds 4 Ukrainian and Latvian religious movements to list of groups undesirable in Russia 30 August 2021, 18:12
- The church historian called the results of Patriarch Bartholomew's visit to Ukraine deplorable 30 August 2021, 16:04
- More than 500 Orthodox churches to be built in Moscow 30 August 2021, 11:07
- Russian authorities to check the construction of a closed "halal" village near Moscow 30 August 2021, 10:49
- Patriarch Kirill calls the visit of the Constantinople primate to Kiev sinful 30 August 2021, 10:40
- Organizers of Jehovah's Witnesses cell detained in Moscow 26 August 2021, 15:55
- Patriarch Bartholomew doesn't attend celebrations on 30th anniversary of Ukraine's independence at Kiev's St. Sophia Cathedral 24 August 2021, 17:51