29 November 2012, 18:34
Russian mufti calls on cadets to be ready to fight enemy anywhere
Moscow, November 29, Interfax - Chairman of the All-Russian Council of Muftis' Executive Committee Mukhammedgali Khuzin has called on military students of the Cadet Corps to be ready to repulse enemy attacks anywhere, including in the United States if necessary.
"The time may come when you may not only have to defend your homeland ,but also to curb enemy sorties on their own territory. May be some day you will march along the streets of Washington like our forefathers marched along the Champs Elysees," he said in his speech to military students of the Perm Cadet Corps during the oath-taking ceremony on Thursday.
In an interview with Interfax-Religion later in the day, he said that "as a patriot of his country", he was obliged to "remind the cadets of the glorious victories won by the Russian army". In his opinion, the cadets should uphold those glorious traditions.
"Russia has never fought invasive wars, but it has always been able to defend itself. When I was speaking about a march along the streets of Washington, I implied, in the first place, the defense of our Motherland both in Russian and enemy territory," the mufti explained.
It should be borne in mind that Russia has an external enemy whose methods that are more sophisticated than arms, he said, citing the recent statement by the spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, who called Russia the main foe of Islam.
"It is no secret that this man is a puppet in the hands of reactionary political circles displeased with Russia's foreign policy," Khuzin said.
"The Great America, whose people and achievements have my respect, will be able to protect itself: it has rich experience of 'peacekeeping' combat operations in other countries' territory. And who will protect Russia, given repeated outside attempts over centuries to ruin the neighborly relations reigning between our various ethnic and religious communities, something that always made us strong?" the mufti asked.
He mentioned another example from history: when during a Russian-Turkish war, an Ottoman ruler called on Russian Muslims to support him and rebel against Russia, "the Muslims did not become traitors".
"Let us recall more often the examples of friendship between the peoples of Russia. Then, I am sure, no one will have to march through anyone's cities," the mufti said.
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin asks not to confuse Christianity with the "cult of a child's tear" 06 March 2015, 17:48
- Moscow Patriarchate church seized in west Ukraine 06 March 2015, 16:04
- Islamic State earns up to $1Bln from Afghan heroin trafficking - Russian official 06 March 2015, 12:02
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin is displeased with West desire to lecture Russia and throw it to the East 05 March 2015, 14:03
- Key Orthodox church of Luhansk Region damaged by shelling 05 March 2015, 11:15
- Chechen drug addicts repent in mosque in front of Kadyrov, promise to quit 05 March 2015, 10:03
- Georgian patriarch didn't send Saakashvili request to return - patriarchate 05 March 2015, 10:02
- Russian Security Council secretary: ISIS is fine-tuning ties with militants in N. Caucasus 05 March 2015, 10:01
- Group of Islamists planning terrorist attacks held in Azerbaijan 05 March 2015, 10:00
- People observing fast do not care for sanctions - Mufti Tajuddin 04 March 2015, 14:25
- Pope's state secretary meets Belarusian president, Church leader 04 March 2015, 10:02
- Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal against Pussy Riot verdict 04 March 2015, 10:01
- Group of female Hizb ut-Tahrir followers caught in Bishkek 03 March 2015, 14:08
- Christians under pressure in West - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:02
- UN, EU organizations must act jointly to protect Christians - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:01
- Christians persecuted in Ukraine by national-radical forces - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:00
- Two women convicted for religious, extremist Internet propaganda in Uzbekistan 02 March 2015, 17:43
- Russian Church calls for protection for its churches in Ukraine 02 March 2015, 17:39
- Ukrainian nationalists attack Moscow Patriarchate's church in Sumy 02 March 2015, 17:13
- Tajik Islamic Revival Party doesn't recognize election outcome 02 March 2015, 17:01
- Islamic trace among the possible reasons for the Nemtsov murder 02 March 2015, 10:04
- Lavrov to raise issue of Christians' protection with UNHRC in Geneva 02 March 2015, 10:03
- Russian Church hopes that Nemtsov murder will not be used for political games 02 March 2015, 10:02
- Russian Church urges world to stop terror, protect Christians in Middle East 27 February 2015, 17:41
- Orthodox travelers from Russia to cross Sahara 27 February 2015, 17:16
- Russia outlaws ISIL, Muslim Brotherhood - FSB 27 February 2015, 15:47
- Some one million Jews live in Russia 27 February 2015, 10:02
- Patriarch Kirill considers discussions in social nets the vanity fair 27 February 2015, 10:01
- FJCR's position on outcome of WWII deserves deep respect - Medvedev 26 February 2015, 16:51
- Jews feel more comfortable in Russia than in Europe - Berl Lazar 26 February 2015, 16:00