29 November 2012, 18:34
Russian mufti calls on cadets to be ready to fight enemy anywhere
Moscow, November 29, Interfax - Chairman of the All-Russian Council of Muftis' Executive Committee Mukhammedgali Khuzin has called on military students of the Cadet Corps to be ready to repulse enemy attacks anywhere, including in the United States if necessary.
"The time may come when you may not only have to defend your homeland ,but also to curb enemy sorties on their own territory. May be some day you will march along the streets of Washington like our forefathers marched along the Champs Elysees," he said in his speech to military students of the Perm Cadet Corps during the oath-taking ceremony on Thursday.
In an interview with Interfax-Religion later in the day, he said that "as a patriot of his country", he was obliged to "remind the cadets of the glorious victories won by the Russian army". In his opinion, the cadets should uphold those glorious traditions.
"Russia has never fought invasive wars, but it has always been able to defend itself. When I was speaking about a march along the streets of Washington, I implied, in the first place, the defense of our Motherland both in Russian and enemy territory," the mufti explained.
It should be borne in mind that Russia has an external enemy whose methods that are more sophisticated than arms, he said, citing the recent statement by the spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, who called Russia the main foe of Islam.
"It is no secret that this man is a puppet in the hands of reactionary political circles displeased with Russia's foreign policy," Khuzin said.
"The Great America, whose people and achievements have my respect, will be able to protect itself: it has rich experience of 'peacekeeping' combat operations in other countries' territory. And who will protect Russia, given repeated outside attempts over centuries to ruin the neighborly relations reigning between our various ethnic and religious communities, something that always made us strong?" the mufti asked.
He mentioned another example from history: when during a Russian-Turkish war, an Ottoman ruler called on Russian Muslims to support him and rebel against Russia, "the Muslims did not become traitors".
"Let us recall more often the examples of friendship between the peoples of Russia. Then, I am sure, no one will have to march through anyone's cities," the mufti said.
- Russia issued seven warnings over inciting national and religious enmity in 2014 23 April 2014, 15:36
- Yatsenyuk has yet to decide whether he will go to the Vatican 23 April 2014, 10:00
- Lukashenko cites Bible during address, calls for national unity 22 April 2014, 14:36
- Leader of the Ukrainian Union of Orthodox citizens is proclaimed people’s president of Novorossia Republic 21 April 2014, 18:09
- No religious fanatics ever existed in Kazakhstan - Nazarbayev 18 April 2014, 17:14
- Doctors of Rostov clinic refuse abortions for Easter week 18 April 2014, 16:29
- Church official hopes that West hears Putin’s call to build Europe basing on shared values 18 April 2014, 11:03
- Beijing: Islamists control regional drug trafficking routes 17 April 2014, 16:27
- Russian people, like Noah, urged not to let the world finally sink in sin, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 16 April 2014, 19:21
- Two chapels and baptistery set on fire in Ulyanovsk region 16 April 2014, 17:47
- Alleged ex-activist of Hizb ut-Tahrir going on trial in Moscow 16 April 2014, 17:11
- Gay parades not permitted in Sevastopol or Simferopol 16 April 2014, 16:59
- Two imams banned from mosque service in Kyrgyzstan 16 April 2014, 15:29
- Kadyrov wants to build a mosque in Sevastopol 16 April 2014, 11:49
- Murderer confessed in his crimes after becoming a believer 15 April 2014, 16:11
- Islamic radicals are unpopular in Crimea - expert 15 April 2014, 11:08
- Putin thanks Russia's chief rabbi for contribution in enhancing inter-confession peace 15 April 2014, 10:00
- About 170 tonnes of matzah made for Passover in Russia 14 April 2014, 10:08
- Two militants suspected killers of Dagestan village imam 14 April 2014, 10:00
- Odessa Diocese secretary moves to Moscow for fear of persecution 11 April 2014, 17:27
- WRPC Human Rights Center supports the idea of criminal proceedings against Gorbachev 11 April 2014, 16:31
- Group of Jehovah's Witnesses followers detained in Uzbekistan 11 April 2014, 14:23
- Roman Abramovich spends half million dollars on Passover celebrations 11 April 2014, 10:08
- Village mosque imam killed in Dagestan 11 April 2014, 10:00
- Russian oligarchs start a pilgrimage across Israeli desert 10 April 2014, 11:39
- Radical Islam followers from Europe, Central Asia fight for Syrian militants - Bortnikov 09 April 2014, 14:03
- Assailants of Dagestan madrasah teacher killed in police operation 09 April 2014, 11:24
- Iraqi Sharia court to try Bryansk pedagogue on earthenware smuggling counts 09 April 2014, 10:59
- Kostroma authorities to appeal court ruling over illegality of gay pride parade ban 09 April 2014, 10:13
- Terrorism, Wahhabism neutralized in Chechnya completely – Kadyrov 09 April 2014, 10:04