29 November 2012, 18:34
Russian mufti calls on cadets to be ready to fight enemy anywhere
Moscow, November 29, Interfax - Chairman of the All-Russian Council of Muftis' Executive Committee Mukhammedgali Khuzin has called on military students of the Cadet Corps to be ready to repulse enemy attacks anywhere, including in the United States if necessary.
"The time may come when you may not only have to defend your homeland ,but also to curb enemy sorties on their own territory. May be some day you will march along the streets of Washington like our forefathers marched along the Champs Elysees," he said in his speech to military students of the Perm Cadet Corps during the oath-taking ceremony on Thursday.
In an interview with Interfax-Religion later in the day, he said that "as a patriot of his country", he was obliged to "remind the cadets of the glorious victories won by the Russian army". In his opinion, the cadets should uphold those glorious traditions.
"Russia has never fought invasive wars, but it has always been able to defend itself. When I was speaking about a march along the streets of Washington, I implied, in the first place, the defense of our Motherland both in Russian and enemy territory," the mufti explained.
It should be borne in mind that Russia has an external enemy whose methods that are more sophisticated than arms, he said, citing the recent statement by the spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, who called Russia the main foe of Islam.
"It is no secret that this man is a puppet in the hands of reactionary political circles displeased with Russia's foreign policy," Khuzin said.
"The Great America, whose people and achievements have my respect, will be able to protect itself: it has rich experience of 'peacekeeping' combat operations in other countries' territory. And who will protect Russia, given repeated outside attempts over centuries to ruin the neighborly relations reigning between our various ethnic and religious communities, something that always made us strong?" the mufti asked.
He mentioned another example from history: when during a Russian-Turkish war, an Ottoman ruler called on Russian Muslims to support him and rebel against Russia, "the Muslims did not become traitors".
"Let us recall more often the examples of friendship between the peoples of Russia. Then, I am sure, no one will have to march through anyone's cities," the mufti said.
- Warsaw's stance insults memory of Auschwitz liberators - FJCR head 23 January 2015, 13:17
- Russia could be one of world's last civilizations - Church official 23 January 2015, 10:16
- Dagestan leader slams insults to Muslims' religious feelings 23 January 2015, 10:05
- Russia needs to revive Soviet-era sense of solidarity - Patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:11
- Russian political parties must not destroy basic values - patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:01
- Russian bishop blasts child euthanasia, abortions 22 January 2015, 18:13
- Lavrov considers caricatures on religious topics tasteless 22 January 2015, 10:44
- Church will support fight against nationalism and Nazism - Patriarch 22 January 2015, 10:19
- U.S., French, Israeli flags burned during Baku protest against Muhammad cartoons 21 January 2015, 18:37
- Russian Church expresses solidarity with Muslims who protested in Grozny 21 January 2015, 10:03
- Bishkek rally demands ban on Prophet Muhammad cartoons 20 January 2015, 13:53
- Israeli court orders priest Grozovsky extradition to Russia, defense planning to appeal 19 January 2015, 18:02
- Body of Georgian priest killed in fire on Norman Atlantic ferry taken to Georgia 19 January 2015, 17:00
- Over 1 million people take part in rally protesting cartoons of Prophet Muhammad held in Grozny 19 January 2015, 14:50
- Moscow Muslims see no sense in holding anti-caricature protest 19 January 2015, 10:08
- Russian lawmaker wants budget funding recovered from Leviathan film director 19 January 2015, 10:05
- Georgian Orthodox Church condemns Prophet Muhammad caricatures 19 January 2015, 10:04
- Some 15,000 rally in Ingushetia against cartoons of Prophet Muhammad 19 January 2015, 10:03
- Moscow officials reject application to hold demo against religious insults 19 January 2015, 10:01
- Foreign Ministry: Over 800 of Russians fighting for ISIL 16 January 2015, 17:43
- Roskomnadzor: publication of cartoons on religious issues may be classed of violation of law 16 January 2015, 16:45
- Every tenth Russian to participate in Epiphany bathing 16 January 2015, 14:25
- Head of Ingushetia: publication of cartoons of Prophet Muhammad should be classed as extremism 16 January 2015, 10:01
- Islamic party activist held in Samara region 15 January 2015, 17:06
- World Russian People's Council calls for moratorium on publication of caricatures offending religious feelings 14 January 2015, 16:13
- Zabaikalie resident steels a priestly frock and walks along the streets wishing everyone happy holidays 14 January 2015, 15:19
- Church official criticizes attempts to impose false choice between supporting terrorism and Charlie Hebdo policy 14 January 2015, 14:42
- Competition between terrorist organizations can be a motive of terrorist attacks in Paris - religious expert 13 January 2015, 16:18
- Moscow mufti warns against Islamophobia, Prophet caricature reprinting 13 January 2015, 15:24
- Unlike Europe, Russian culture does not allow mockery of religion - MP Pushkov 13 January 2015, 14:18