03 January 2013, 14:47
Patriarch Kirill will make pilgrimage to Mt. Athos and visit Estonia in 2013
Moscow, January 3, Interfax - In 2013 the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill, will visit Greece, Mount Athos and the Baltic states, head of the Department for External Church Relations Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk has announced.
"At the beginning of June the Patriarch plans to visit Greece. The visit to the territory of the Orthodox Church of Ellada will be a reply to the visit of Archbishop of Athens Hieronymus to Russia in 2012. During the stay the Patriarch intends to make a pilgrimage to Mount Athos," the Metropolitan told Interfax-Religion before New Year.
He said the Patriarch will also continue his visits to dioceses of the Russian Church, including those outside of Russia, and to the self-governed Churches of the Moscow Patriarchate.
"The Patriarch has already visited many countries belonging to the canonical territory but after his enthronement he has not been in the Baltic States, for instance, at the end of June the Patriarch intends to visit Estonia where believers of the Estonian Apostolic Church the Moscow Patriarchate have been looking forward for their Primate for a long time," the Metropolitan said.
In line with the tradition the head of the Russian Orthodox Church will celebrate the day of St. Prince Vladimir, July 28, in Kiev, "at the cradle of the Baptism of Rus."
"There are also plans of other travels, but their dates still have to be set," the metropolitan added.
- People observing fast do not care for sanctions - Mufti Tajuddin 04 March 2015, 14:25
- Pope's state secretary meets Belarusian president, Church leader 04 March 2015, 10:02
- Russian Supreme Court rejects appeal against Pussy Riot verdict 04 March 2015, 10:01
- Group of female Hizb ut-Tahrir followers caught in Bishkek 03 March 2015, 14:08
- Christians under pressure in West - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:02
- UN, EU organizations must act jointly to protect Christians - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:01
- Christians persecuted in Ukraine by national-radical forces - Lavrov 03 March 2015, 10:00
- Two women convicted for religious, extremist Internet propaganda in Uzbekistan 02 March 2015, 17:43
- Russian Church calls for protection for its churches in Ukraine 02 March 2015, 17:39
- Ukrainian nationalists attack Moscow Patriarchate's church in Sumy 02 March 2015, 17:13
- Tajik Islamic Revival Party doesn't recognize election outcome 02 March 2015, 17:01
- Islamic trace among the possible reasons for the Nemtsov murder 02 March 2015, 10:04
- Lavrov to raise issue of Christians' protection with UNHRC in Geneva 02 March 2015, 10:03
- Russian Church hopes that Nemtsov murder will not be used for political games 02 March 2015, 10:02
- Russian Church urges world to stop terror, protect Christians in Middle East 27 February 2015, 17:41
- Orthodox travelers from Russia to cross Sahara 27 February 2015, 17:16
- Russia outlaws ISIL, Muslim Brotherhood - FSB 27 February 2015, 15:47
- Some one million Jews live in Russia 27 February 2015, 10:02
- Patriarch Kirill considers discussions in social nets the vanity fair 27 February 2015, 10:01
- FJCR's position on outcome of WWII deserves deep respect - Medvedev 26 February 2015, 16:51
- Jews feel more comfortable in Russia than in Europe - Berl Lazar 26 February 2015, 16:00
- Putin congratulates Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia on its 15th anniversary 26 February 2015, 15:58
- Russia condemns Islamic State's abduction of Syrian Christians 26 February 2015, 10:01
- Russia is the only center of non-slaved civilization, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 25 February 2015, 17:58
- Moscow to host most representative Jewish congress in 15 years 25 February 2015, 16:32
- Ukrainian schismatic leader dies 25 February 2015, 14:51
- Tajik seized in Moscow on suspicion of online ISIL propaganda 25 February 2015, 11:45
- Leviathan producers lack an ability to guess tastes of Oscar organizers - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 24 February 2015, 15:29
- Radical religious group members detained in Azerbaijan 24 February 2015, 12:57
- Patriarch Kirill calling for world order based on Christian values 24 February 2015, 10:00