03 January 2013, 14:47
Patriarch Kirill will make pilgrimage to Mt. Athos and visit Estonia in 2013
Moscow, January 3, Interfax - In 2013 the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill, will visit Greece, Mount Athos and the Baltic states, head of the Department for External Church Relations Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk has announced.
"At the beginning of June the Patriarch plans to visit Greece. The visit to the territory of the Orthodox Church of Ellada will be a reply to the visit of Archbishop of Athens Hieronymus to Russia in 2012. During the stay the Patriarch intends to make a pilgrimage to Mount Athos," the Metropolitan told Interfax-Religion before New Year.
He said the Patriarch will also continue his visits to dioceses of the Russian Church, including those outside of Russia, and to the self-governed Churches of the Moscow Patriarchate.
"The Patriarch has already visited many countries belonging to the canonical territory but after his enthronement he has not been in the Baltic States, for instance, at the end of June the Patriarch intends to visit Estonia where believers of the Estonian Apostolic Church the Moscow Patriarchate have been looking forward for their Primate for a long time," the Metropolitan said.
In line with the tradition the head of the Russian Orthodox Church will celebrate the day of St. Prince Vladimir, July 28, in Kiev, "at the cradle of the Baptism of Rus."
"There are also plans of other travels, but their dates still have to be set," the metropolitan added.
- Released Lugansk priest claims pilot Savchenko suggested to divide them to organs 17 September 2014, 10:22
- Ukrainian bishop believes the country's authorities Satanic 16 September 2014, 12:15
- Two Hizb ut-Tahrir activists detained in Kyrgyzstan 16 September 2014, 11:42
- War against Islamic State promises benefit to Russia - religious expert 16 September 2014, 11:33
- The Ukrainian church official accuses the country's authorities in eliminating their own people 15 September 2014, 16:28
- Russian Foreign Ministry calls a "mockery of common sense" discharge of the Femen activists for their action in Notre Dame de Paris 15 September 2014, 14:22
- Supporters of so-called Kiev Patriarchate attempt to take over church near Kiev 15 September 2014, 11:53
- Three Tajik Islamists sentenced to imprisonment in Khabarovsk Territory 15 September 2014, 10:50
- Rabbi Kogan urges to respond to Western sanctions with a baby boom 12 September 2014, 11:04
- Rabbi Lazar opens a hockey match between renowned sportsmen and the Jewish community team 12 September 2014, 10:20
- Greek-Catholic priest urges to eliminate militiamen 11 September 2014, 16:40
- Putin lights candles for "defenders of Novorossiya" in Moscow church 11 September 2014, 13:44
- Austrian MP condemns USA in attempts to blow up traditional European values 11 September 2014, 13:28
- ISIS has 100,000 fighters, including Western, Russian citizens - expert 10 September 2014, 12:51
- U.S. report on religious freedom in Uzbekistan biased - Tashkent 09 September 2014, 14:51
- Idea of Russian World not means of enslaving Ukraine - Patriarch Kirill 08 September 2014, 16:13
- Russia, Ukraine, Belarus linked with invincible spiritual bonds - Patriarch Kirill 08 September 2014, 10:00
- ISIL Islamists threaten not just Russia but to all Europe - Margelov 04 September 2014, 10:01
- Over 200 fake passports seized from Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan in Moscow 04 September 2014, 10:01
- Crimea does not need sexual minorities - Aksyonov 02 September 2014, 17:56
- Russian school in Bethlehem to strengthen Russian-Palestinian ties - Putin 02 September 2014, 10:01
- In order to come to Russia Dalai Lama must quit politics - Lavrov 28 August 2014, 10:13
- Wahhabism supporters use Internet to campaign for extremism - Kadyrov 26 August 2014, 17:47
- Kadyrov asks clergy to resist early marriages in Chechnya 26 August 2014, 14:58
- Yamalo-Nenets authorities deny violations of Muslims' rights at local prison 26 August 2014, 14:57
- Russian social network VK says Islamic State accounts blocked 26 August 2014, 10:05
- Church burns down in Donetsk as shell hits is - diocese 26 August 2014, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill again calls on UN, Council of Europe, OSCE to help stop fighting in Ukraine 25 August 2014, 17:08
- Ukrainian army deliberately targets orthodox churches - archbishop of Gorlovka 25 August 2014, 16:55
- Pope Francis sends greetings to Ukraine on Independence Day 25 August 2014, 10:17