31 January 2013, 10:01
First ecological complex of the Russian Church to be built in south Russia
Moscow, January 31, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate realizes the project of the first spiritual and educational ecological center.
The complex called "The Predtechensky Posad" is constructed in the town of Azov, the Rostov Region. Rector of John the Baptist Bishopric Representation in Azov Hegumen Diodor (Solovyev) represented the project in the State Duma in frames of the Christmas Readings. He met with the head of the Duma Committee on Public Associations and Religious Organizations Yaroslav Nilov.
"Yaroslav Nilov promised support and help in developing the complex, considering the project very interesting and useful not only for residents of the Don Region, but for the whole country," representation press service told Interfax-Religion.
According to the project, a hermitage with the Church of the Vatopedi Icon of the Mother of God, a spiritual and educational center and an ecological center with a park, a Cossack institute, ethnic and cultural youth camp "Russia," recreation and sport territory and a swimming pool for Azov residents will be located at the square of 25 hectares.
The complex is absolutely energy independent and does not contaminate the environment. The complex will be illuminated and heated by sun energy, wind electric stations, and pumps. It is planned to set up a secured pier for cutters and ships with an attraction park and children play grounds.
Special climate will be maintained to grow rare plants, keep birds and animals all year round. It will include roofed conservatoires with conditions from tropical to steppe. There will be roads for visitors, benches and summer houses in the conservatoires. Lessons for schoolchildren will be held in the park ecological center.
- Liberalism not useful for Russians - Russian Orthodox Church's rep 18 October 2019, 18:55
- Ukraine's chief rabbi demands that perpetrators, organizers of anti-Semitic provocation in Kiev be brought to justice 18 October 2019, 15:56
- Russian parish in Miami goes over to Constantinople Patriarchate 18 October 2019, 15:28
- Patriarch Kirill compares abortion practice to pagan sacrifices 18 October 2019, 15:26
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russians to support ROC on situation with division in global Orthodoxy 18 October 2019, 15:22
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia are persecuted for extremism, not faith 30 September 2019, 13:57