31 January 2013, 10:01
First ecological complex of the Russian Church to be built in south Russia
Moscow, January 31, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate realizes the project of the first spiritual and educational ecological center.
The complex called "The Predtechensky Posad" is constructed in the town of Azov, the Rostov Region. Rector of John the Baptist Bishopric Representation in Azov Hegumen Diodor (Solovyev) represented the project in the State Duma in frames of the Christmas Readings. He met with the head of the Duma Committee on Public Associations and Religious Organizations Yaroslav Nilov.
"Yaroslav Nilov promised support and help in developing the complex, considering the project very interesting and useful not only for residents of the Don Region, but for the whole country," representation press service told Interfax-Religion.
According to the project, a hermitage with the Church of the Vatopedi Icon of the Mother of God, a spiritual and educational center and an ecological center with a park, a Cossack institute, ethnic and cultural youth camp "Russia," recreation and sport territory and a swimming pool for Azov residents will be located at the square of 25 hectares.
The complex is absolutely energy independent and does not contaminate the environment. The complex will be illuminated and heated by sun energy, wind electric stations, and pumps. It is planned to set up a secured pier for cutters and ships with an attraction park and children play grounds.
Special climate will be maintained to grow rare plants, keep birds and animals all year round. It will include roofed conservatoires with conditions from tropical to steppe. There will be roads for visitors, benches and summer houses in the conservatoires. Lessons for schoolchildren will be held in the park ecological center.
- Patriarch Kirill diagnosed with Covid-19 30 September 2022, 12:41
- State Duma Council to consider consultations on possible reintroduction of death penalty 27 September 2022, 20:44
- Patriarch Kirill calls for spiritual mobilization 27 September 2022, 15:34
- Russia's FSB reports detention a Muslim recruter in Moscow area 27 September 2022, 11:58
- Russian Church warns the West against "slipping into a bestial state" 23 September 2022, 12:11
- Patriarch Kirill declares the futility of attempts to intimidate the Russians 19 September 2022, 14:04
- Religious leaders call for ending conflicts, bloodshed in the world at congress in Nur-Sultan 15 September 2022, 14:49
- Some 10,000 believers attending papal mass in Kazakh capital 14 September 2022, 17:16
- Russian Supreme Court brands as terrorist, bans Islamic Renaissance Party of Tajikistan 14 September 2022, 11:42
- Pontiff urges religious leaders to help settle conflicts through dialogue 14 September 2022, 11:41
- Patriarch Kirill: attempts to build world order without relying on moral values led to fierce confrontation 14 September 2022, 11:40
- Bishop Nicholas of Manhattan elected new First Hierarch of Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia 13 September 2022, 20:42
- Catholicos of All Armenians urges world to react to Azerbaijan's actions 13 September 2022, 15:42
- Pope Francis arrives in Kazakhstan's capital 13 September 2022, 15:38
- Russian State Duma may hold hearings on LGBT propaganda ban in Oct-Nov 13 September 2022, 14:50
- Latvian Orthodox Church chooses not to argue with govt about its status 12 September 2022, 10:30
- Patriarch Kirill calls Elizabeth II symbol of sustainability of centuries-old traditions for entire Europe 09 September 2022, 13:02
- Russian Orthodox Church on declaration of Latvian Church's autocephaly by parliament: they surpassed Middle Ages 08 September 2022, 21:45
- Latvian Saeima endorses law on independence of Latvian Orthodox Church 08 September 2022, 19:06
- WCC refuses to accuse Russian Orthodox Church despite pressure 08 September 2022, 17:03
- Court in Primorye overrules order committing Yakutia shaman Gabyshev to hospital 08 September 2022, 10:31
- Russian ombudsman calls for moratorium on death penalty in DPR 07 September 2022, 14:42
- Patriarch Kirill highlights Russia's special role in modern history 06 September 2022, 17:35
- Riga seeking independence of Latvian Orthodox Church from Moscow Patriarchate (updated) 05 September 2022, 17:44
- Russian Orthodox Church outraged by interference of Latvian secular authorities in church affairs 05 September 2022, 15:32
- World Council of Churches refuses to isolate Russian Orthodox Church delegation at its assembly 01 September 2022, 21:32
- Russian Orthodox Church accuses German president of putting pressure on World Council of Churches 01 September 2022, 14:23
- Russian Orthodox Church views Kyiv's sanctions on Patriarch Kirill as PR campaign 31 August 2022, 17:25
- Fines for LGBT propaganda to be from 50,000 to 200,000 rubles for citizens, foreigners may be deported from Russia 31 August 2022, 16:42
- Ukrainian govt approves proposed sanctions against Patriarch Kirill 31 August 2022, 09:56