06 March 2013, 10:00
Bell music concert to be given in Kremlin on House of Romanov's 400th anniversary
Moscow, March 6, Interfax - Bell-ringers of the Moscow Kremlin will give an unprecedented bell music concert on the day marking the 400th anniversary of the House of Romanov.
"After a solemn patriarchal service on March 6 the "Tsar Toll" will be rung to celebrate the end of "chaos" 400 years ago and the enthronement of the new governing dynasty," Igor Konovalov, artistic director of bell music performances at the Moscow Kremlin and Christ the Savior Cathedral, told Interfax-Religion.
The 1,200-pound bell, Reut, cast in 1622, will be the leader and it will be struck 400 times.
"The Reut ringing was heard by all of the Romanov tsars, from Mikhail Fyodorovich to Nicholas II," he said.
The Reut is the main ringing monument of the Romanov family, Konovalov said. "It was cast on order from the young tsar Mikhail Fyodorovich and his father Patriarch Filaret, to mark success in overcoming the chaos. The bell was made by the legendary Russian caster Andrey Chokhov, who had also made bells and cannons for Ivan the Terrible, and tsars Fyodorov Ioanovich and Boris Godunov, and who immortalized the art of casting by making his Tsar Cannon.
Bell Reut survived the 1812 Patriotic War when the belfry of the Assumption belfry was blown up. The bell fell for a second time during the coronation of Alexander II.
- Islamic activists in Kyrgyzstan believe there should be no male obstetricians 15 December 2014, 10:09
- Russian diplomat discusses condition of Christians in Mideast, situation in Syria at meetings in Lebanon 15 December 2014, 10:08
- IOPS to present White Book on slain Mideast Christians at UN 15 December 2014, 10:03
- Arab Spring, IS aimed at demonizing Islam - Patriarch Kirill 12 December 2014, 17:49
- National policy should focus on worthy support of Russian people - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 12 December 2014, 17:21
- World Russian People's Council states Ukraine practices tortures based on the CIA technique 12 December 2014, 13:28
- Over seventy Russian graves vandalized in Australian Orthodox cemetery 12 December 2014, 10:02
- Kremlin official slams violence against members of Moscow-ruled Orthodox Church in Ukraine 11 December 2014, 17:51
- Metropolitan Hilarion condemns anti-Christian "genocide" in M. East 11 December 2014, 17:17
- Pope Francis invited to Kazakhstan 10 December 2014, 17:26
- Syria jihad recruiters spotted in southern Kyrgyzstan 10 December 2014, 17:06
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes Nicholas II made a mistake when he joined World War I 09 December 2014, 17:21
- Chapel to commemorate perished home guards to be set up in Saur Mogila 09 December 2014, 14:35
- Orthodox church desecrated and robbed in west Ukraine 08 December 2014, 18:57
- Patriarch Kirill prays for prevention of war between Russia, West 08 December 2014, 13:07
- DNR authorities accuse Kiev in purposeful shelling of churches 08 December 2014, 11:26
- Kadyrov: Family of Wahabis guilty of murder to be evicted from Chechnya 08 December 2014, 10:58
- Russian Supreme Court finds Jehovah's Witnesses' website to be extremist 05 December 2014, 10:09
- Russia should use the period of trial for making a break-through - Berel Lazar 05 December 2014, 10:05
- Crimea has sacral meaning for Russia - Putin 04 December 2014, 15:21
- Kyrgyz police detect Hizb ut-Tahrir group 04 December 2014, 12:32
- Orthodox Christians in Russia, U.S. can improve countries' relationship - Patriarch Kirill 04 December 2014, 10:02
- Patriarch Kirill concerned about Donbass blockade, attempts to take over churches in other regions of Ukraine 03 December 2014, 18:12
- Yeshivah student badly beaten in Moscow Region 03 December 2014, 14:45
- Russian parish in Strasbourg lacks money to continue building the church 03 December 2014, 10:04
- Dialogue over Pope-Patriarch meeting thwarted by Greek Catholics' actions in Ukraine - patriarch's spokesperson 03 December 2014, 10:02
- Islamist recruiter stands trial in Uzbekistan 28 November 2014, 12:48
- Cossacks to help Moscow police maintain public order in recreation zones, in areas around churches and monasteries 28 November 2014, 10:02
- Kyrgyz extremists use hijab issue to drive wedge between government, Muslims - intelligence agency 28 November 2014, 10:00
- DPR official speaks about 62 churches destroyed 27 November 2014, 17:49