19 March 2013, 13:28
Pope Francis says has prayed for Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, March 19, Interfax - The delegation of the Moscow Patriarchate headed by Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chief of the Synodal Department for External Church Relations (DECR), has arrived in Rome for the inauguration of newly elected Pope Francis.
"The delegation members were accommodated in the St. Martha House, where the newly elected Pope is currently living. A brief meeting with Pope Francis, who warmly welcomed Metropolitan Hilarion, was held in the dining room of the hotel," the press office of the DECR said.
The Metropolitan introduced the members of the delegation "and gave the Pope cordial greetings from Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia."
"I prayed especially at the today's service (on March 18) for Patriarch Kirill because today we celebrate the day of Cyril of Jerusalem by our calendar," the Pope said.
The Pope thanked Metropolitan Hilarion for organizing the 2012 exhibition of Russian icons in Buenos Aires, which the future Pope attended.
Metropolitan Platon of Feodosia and Kerch, who has served in Argentina for many years and who personally knows the newly elected Pope, will be among the guests of honor at the inauguration.
It has been reported that the Russian delegation, headed by Russian State Duma Speaker Sergey Naryshkin, included Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexey Meshkov and artistic director of the Mariinsky Theater Valery Gergiev.
The papal enthronement will be held on Tuesday.
- Russian bomb disposal experts clear of mines 2 mosques in Aleppo 09 December 2016, 18:04
- Kyrgyzstan to develop state program to fight terrorism, religious extremism 09 December 2016, 16:58
- The Russian Church calls false information about supernatural events at the restoration site of the Lord's Sepulchre 08 December 2016, 14:29
- Prosecutor asks court to sentence ex-student Karaulova to 5 years in prison for attempt to join ISIL 08 December 2016, 12:17
- Patriarch Kirill urges Europeans to follow Christ contrary to public fashion 07 December 2016, 17:58
- Patriarch Kirill prays 'for healing of wounds of Russian immigration' at Sainte-Genevieve-des-Bois Cemetery 06 December 2016, 15:17
- Patriarch Kirill wishes for Russia, France to develop allied relations amid current political challenges 06 December 2016, 12:17
- Patriarch Kirill, Archbishop of Paris discuss erosion of Christian values in Europe 05 December 2016, 18:20
- Hollande, Patriarch Kirill discuss protection of Christians in Middle East, Ukraine crisis 05 December 2016, 16:16
- Patriarch Kirill meets with French president 05 December 2016, 13:55
- ISIL cell leader involved in murdering imams eliminated in Makhachkala 05 December 2016, 13:39
- Patriarch Kirill calls on compatriots abroad not to cut spiritual, cultural ties with motherland 05 December 2016, 10:01
- Islamist with improvised bombs detained in Bishkek 02 December 2016, 18:33
- Azerbaijani president concerned by confrontation in Muslim world 02 December 2016, 18:28
- Russian Orthodox Church sees care for people in presidential Address 02 December 2016, 13:51
- Old curse was broken when the Cathedral of Christ the Savior was built in Moscow 01 December 2016, 16:12
- Rabbi Lazar believes Russians give example of love and kindness 01 December 2016, 15:11
- Leading Syrian theologian supported a legal ban on Wahhabism 01 December 2016, 14:48
- Latvia's entry ban on Kurayev another Russophobic gesture - Russian Foreign Ministry 01 December 2016, 11:29
- Jewish community of Russia intercedes for Tatiana Navka 29 November 2016, 18:21
- Mufti of Ukraine is afraid that the country will be turned in ISIS territory 28 November 2016, 17:02
- Patriarch Kirill calls Fidel Castro a sincere friend of the Russian Church 28 November 2016, 12:43
- Latvia's entry ban for Protodeacon Kurayev "beyond comprehension" - Russian embassy 28 November 2016, 11:50
- Turkey does not recognize the Kiev Muslim Board of Crimea 25 November 2016, 18:29
- Patriarch Kirill to consecrate church of Russian spiritual-cultural center in Paris 25 November 2016, 18:20
- Russians mostly confide in the president, army and Church 25 November 2016, 13:25
- European Parliament names Russian religious organizations instruments of external propaganda 23 November 2016, 19:55
- Six million Christians emigrated from Middle East over past 100 years – expert 23 November 2016, 16:02
- U.S. Orthodox believers expect Trump will develop good relations with Russia 23 November 2016, 11:43
- Patriarch Kirill to President Putin: we have built supporting structure for state-church relationship 23 November 2016, 11:00