19 March 2013, 13:28
Pope Francis says has prayed for Patriarch Kirill
Moscow, March 19, Interfax - The delegation of the Moscow Patriarchate headed by Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk, chief of the Synodal Department for External Church Relations (DECR), has arrived in Rome for the inauguration of newly elected Pope Francis.
"The delegation members were accommodated in the St. Martha House, where the newly elected Pope is currently living. A brief meeting with Pope Francis, who warmly welcomed Metropolitan Hilarion, was held in the dining room of the hotel," the press office of the DECR said.
The Metropolitan introduced the members of the delegation "and gave the Pope cordial greetings from Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia."
"I prayed especially at the today's service (on March 18) for Patriarch Kirill because today we celebrate the day of Cyril of Jerusalem by our calendar," the Pope said.
The Pope thanked Metropolitan Hilarion for organizing the 2012 exhibition of Russian icons in Buenos Aires, which the future Pope attended.
Metropolitan Platon of Feodosia and Kerch, who has served in Argentina for many years and who personally knows the newly elected Pope, will be among the guests of honor at the inauguration.
It has been reported that the Russian delegation, headed by Russian State Duma Speaker Sergey Naryshkin, included Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexey Meshkov and artistic director of the Mariinsky Theater Valery Gergiev.
The papal enthronement will be held on Tuesday.
- Russian Jewish community mourns over Nicholas Winton, who saved hundreds of children from the Holocaust 02 July 2015, 20:14
- Imam detained in Kyrgyzstan plotted terror acts, coup - Interior Ministry 02 July 2015, 14:55
- U.S. policy of spreading same-sex family values to find no global support - Russian MP 30 June 2015, 18:09
- Russian courts imposed fines for gay propaganda only twice last year 29 June 2015, 18:20
- Russian Church denies reports of time and place of Patriarch-Pope meeting being set 29 June 2015, 18:18
- Leader of Russia's major Protestant Church calls the day when homosexual "marriages" were legalized the most shameful in Christian history of the USA 29 June 2015, 17:21
- Georgian patriarch condemns same-sex "marriage" permitted in U.S 29 June 2015, 12:46
- St. Petersburg scientologists refused in registration 29 June 2015, 12:11
- Second attack on Orthodox church in month reported in Kiev Region 29 June 2015, 10:20
- U.S. decision to legalize same-sex "marriages" godless, sinful - Russian Church 29 June 2015, 10:00
- Russians are now more loyal to sex before marriage than they were 25 years ago - poll 26 June 2015, 18:09
- Priest for the Far North wanted by the Russian Orthodox Church 26 June 2015, 17:02
- Patriarch Kirill to perform funeral prayer for Yevgeny Primakov 26 June 2015, 16:56
- Uzbekistan concerned about women's recruitment for ISIL 26 June 2015, 11:47
- European Islamophobia makes Baku think about leaving the Council of Europe 26 June 2015, 11:45
- Kadyrov: Islamic State has no chances in Chechnya 26 June 2015, 11:43
- Tajik leader brands IS 'plague of the century' 26 June 2015, 10:16
- Head of Armenian Catholic Church dies 26 June 2015, 10:00
- Patrushev dubs activity of ISIL terrorists as main threat to peace, security 25 June 2015, 15:55
- Ukrainian Security Service reports detention of two Islamist women from Russia 25 June 2015, 15:01
- Only 3% of Russians said the main threat is from Islamic terrorists 25 June 2015, 12:31
- Church activists suggest making cases for gadgets with quotes from the Gospels 24 June 2015, 12:04
- Russian Security Council deputy secretary: the Middle East states should pray for Al-Assad 24 June 2015, 11:17
- Patriarch Kirill prays for repose of souls of Brest Fortress heroes 22 June 2015, 18:04
- Russia extradites Islamic Party of Turkestan extremist to Uzbekistan 22 June 2015, 17:40
- New attempts of the Ukrainian schismatics to set up a local church have no prospects, the UOC official believes 22 June 2015, 17:38
- Leader of Islamic Party is afraid to return to Tajikistan 22 June 2015, 10:40
- Archbishopric of Brussels and Belgium rejects Belgian courts' claims on its assets 22 June 2015, 10:13
- Lukashenko promises Patriarch Kirill to do his utmost to stop war in Ukraine 22 June 2015, 10:00
- Hizb ut-Tahrir printing house found in south Kyrgyzstan 19 June 2015, 18:10