03 April 2013, 10:09
Interests of all religions must be ensured in Jerusalem - Russian Foreign Ministry
Moscow, April 3, Interfax - Palestine and Israel should guarantee free access of followers of different religions to the holy places in their settlement of the Jerusalem problem, the Russian Foreign Ministry information and press department said in a commentary.
"The media reported that President of the State of Palestine Mahmoud Abbas and King Abdullah II of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan signed an agreement in Amman on March 31 to confirm the role of the King of Jordan as the keeper of Islamic and Christian holy places in Jerusalem. Russia traditionally attributes special significance to preservation of the holy places in Jerusalem and peace and tranquility on the Holy Land. We value relevant Palestinian and Jordanian efforts," the commentary said.
The Jerusalem problem has been recognized as one of the most complex in the Arab-Israeli conflict due to its close connection to other crucial questions of the Middle East peace process - borders, settlements and refugees, the Russian Foreign Ministry noted.
"It should be resolved at Palestinian-Israeli negotiations with understanding that guaranteed free and unhampered access of followers of various religions to the holy places is an invariable task of all the concerned parties. It is of paramount importance to preserve the unique historical and cultural image of the city, which is of key significance to world religions and entire humanity," the ministry stressed.
Russia will continue its active assistance in the just settlement of the Jerusalem problems in various formats, the ministry said.
- Church official: scientologists, Jehovah's Witnesses are American agents 30 January 2015, 17:35
- Russian Supreme Court says North Caucasian jihadists fighting for ISIL 30 January 2015, 16:14
- Russians find publication of blasphemous cartoons unacceptable - poll 30 January 2015, 15:11
- Klitschko overturns decision to strip Moscow Patriarchate of tax break 30 January 2015, 10:17
- Russian citizens find publication of cartoons insulting people's religious feelings unacceptable - poll 30 January 2015, 10:16
- Church to commemorate perished Russian sailors to be build in Japan 30 January 2015, 10:08
- Kyrgyz protest against Prophet Muhammad cartoons calls for boycott of French perfumes 29 January 2015, 14:14
- Russians are against religious cartoons - poll 28 January 2015, 17:00
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about church arsons in Ukraine 28 January 2015, 14:17
- Rabbi Lazar thanks WWII veterans for saving world from fascism 28 January 2015, 10:02
- Police bust female extremist cell in southern Kyrgyzstan 27 January 2015, 17:54
- Church set on fire in Kiev 27 January 2015, 16:19
- Russia calls for inquiry into Babi Yar church arson 27 January 2015, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill condemns cartoons of Prophet Muhammad 26 January 2015, 18:45
- Over two thirds of Russians aware of Charlie Hebdo attack - poll 26 January 2015, 17:08
- Church torched in Babi Yar 26 January 2015, 16:40
- Some 3,000 strong protest in Jalal-Abad against Muhammad caricatures 26 January 2015, 14:47
- Roskomnadzor issues warning to newspaper RBC for publishing images offensive to Muslims 26 January 2015, 12:10
- Peskov would like "Leviathan" movie to be released in Russia 26 January 2015, 10:06
- Duma calls on journalists not to incite religious hatred 26 January 2015, 10:05
- Warsaw's stance insults memory of Auschwitz liberators - FJCR head 23 January 2015, 13:17
- Russia could be one of world's last civilizations - Church official 23 January 2015, 10:16
- Dagestan leader slams insults to Muslims' religious feelings 23 January 2015, 10:05
- Russia needs to revive Soviet-era sense of solidarity - Patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:11
- Russian political parties must not destroy basic values - patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:01
- Russian bishop blasts child euthanasia, abortions 22 January 2015, 18:13
- Lavrov considers caricatures on religious topics tasteless 22 January 2015, 10:44
- Church will support fight against nationalism and Nazism - Patriarch 22 January 2015, 10:19
- U.S., French, Israeli flags burned during Baku protest against Muhammad cartoons 21 January 2015, 18:37
- Russian Church expresses solidarity with Muslims who protested in Grozny 21 January 2015, 10:03