24 May 2013, 10:00
Russian Foreign Ministry says U.S. State Department's religious freedom report politicized
Moscow, May 24, Interfax - The 2012 international religious freedom report of the U.S. State Department has been done superficially and does not reflect the objective situation, the Russian Foreign Ministry said.
"We are to conclude that the U.S. State Department has again presented a contorted and politicized picture of the situation in the religious freedom sphere in the recently released annual international religious freedom report for 2012, having substituted deep analysis of reasons for religious intolerance with superficial accusations against a number of countries, including Russia," Russian Foreign Ministry's special envoy on human rights, democracy and supremacy of law Konstantin Dolgov said in a comment posted on the ministry's website.
Dolgov said that the indisputable progress achieved in preserving and enhancing the inter-religious peace had been ignored in regard to Russia.
The situation in this sphere in the U.S. remained outside the criticism as usual, he said.
The comment said that according to the report of the Tel Aviv University and the European Jewish Congress on anti-Semitism in the world in 2012 and review of main tendencies, the U.S. is the second in the world on the number of anti-Semitism incidents, 99, recorded in countries with numerous Jewish citizens.
The Russian Foreign Ministry said that other Western countries, pretending to have full implementation of religious freedoms and having received high evaluations in the U.S. State Department's report, were no better.
U.S. non-governmental organizations are concerned with the conditions of U.S. Muslims, accounting for around 18% populations of the country. Special services and law enforcement authorities of the U.S. are consistently implementing the policy of total control over Muslim communities and certain preachers, up to legalizing out-of-court executions abroad using air drones.
"We suppose that regardless of announced goals, such biased opuses lead to aggravation of inter-religious problems. Not politicized leaflets, but inter-confessional dialog and respected attitude to traditional humanistic values common of all world religions are needed to solve them," the statement said.
- Al-Assad asks for Russian language teachers in Syria to counter Western culture and Wahhabism - Russian MP 20 August 2019, 15:28
- Ukraine has made a great contribution to combating antisemitism - Netanyahu 19 August 2019, 18:19
- Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church ceases to exist 14 August 2019, 20:12
- Over 60% of Russians identify as Orthodox, 1 out of every 6 is atheist - poll 14 August 2019, 13:51
- Russian Orthodox Church offers "Russian exarchate" to join it preserving its statute and traditions 12 August 2019, 15:33
- Gay couple with adopted children can't return to Russia yet - rights activists 12 August 2019, 14:53
- Zelensky discusses Crimea, Donbass with Patriarch Bartholomew 09 August 2019, 11:58
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church sees good signal in Zelensky's remarks at meeting with Patriarch Bartholomew 08 August 2019, 20:25
- Zelensky promises Patriarch Bartholomew: state won't interfere in church affairs 08 August 2019, 16:51
- Russian Jewish community leader calls news of Vilnius Synagogue closure frightening 08 August 2019, 14:31
- Vilnius synagogue closes due to local Jews' safety fears 07 August 2019, 20:39
- The battles of Stalingrad, Moscow to be depicted at facades of the main church of Russian military forces 07 August 2019, 17:25
- The Russian Orthodox Church criticizes the project of 'futuristic' church in Moscow 07 August 2019, 17:23
- Patriarch Kirill sends condolences to Trump over deadly shootings in Texas, Ohio 06 August 2019, 13:18
- U.S. consul general denies Washington's involvement in Yekaterinburg protests 05 August 2019, 18:47
- Zelensky planning to meet with Erdogan, Patriarch Bartholomew during Turkey visit 05 August 2019, 11:48
- Vatican embassy describes reports on pontiff's visit to Russia on May 9, 2020, as rumors 01 August 2019, 16:21
- Patriarch Kirill sees the threat of restricting human freedom in digital technologies 01 August 2019, 15:52
- Baikal shamans bring sheep and vodka to their gods to help extinguishing fire 01 August 2019, 15:50
- 300,000 Ukrainian Orthodox Church believers participate in the procession with cross on the Day of Russia’s Baptism 29 July 2019, 10:59
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church hopes Zelensky's anti-raiding decree will affect religious sphere 24 July 2019, 17:22
- Pope Francis of Rome congratulates Russian opera singer Svetlana Kasyan on her birthday 24 July 2019, 16:29
- Court of Appeal recognized illegal the Ukrainian state’s attempt to rename the Ukrainian Orthodox Church 24 July 2019, 13:56
- Religion section editor of Dagestani newspaper charged with financing terrorism 24 July 2019, 13:22
- The Russian Church warns that Trump's taxes on Chinese goods may lead to crisis of Christian mission in the USA 22 July 2019, 16:35
- Sagrada Familia and Notre Dame listed among five most frequently photoed sights 22 July 2019, 13:56
- "Contemporary" church to be built in the Setun valley in Moscow 22 July 2019, 11:38
- Georgian campaigners for gay propaganda ban hand out treats for signatures 22 July 2019, 11:34
- Icons presented to Putin and Lukashenko at Konevets monastery near St. Petersburg 18 July 2019, 11:58
- Russian Church hopes authorities will not impede Christianization Day procession in Ukraine 18 July 2019, 11:13