24 May 2013, 10:00
Russian Foreign Ministry says U.S. State Department's religious freedom report politicized
Moscow, May 24, Interfax - The 2012 international religious freedom report of the U.S. State Department has been done superficially and does not reflect the objective situation, the Russian Foreign Ministry said.
"We are to conclude that the U.S. State Department has again presented a contorted and politicized picture of the situation in the religious freedom sphere in the recently released annual international religious freedom report for 2012, having substituted deep analysis of reasons for religious intolerance with superficial accusations against a number of countries, including Russia," Russian Foreign Ministry's special envoy on human rights, democracy and supremacy of law Konstantin Dolgov said in a comment posted on the ministry's website.
Dolgov said that the indisputable progress achieved in preserving and enhancing the inter-religious peace had been ignored in regard to Russia.
The situation in this sphere in the U.S. remained outside the criticism as usual, he said.
The comment said that according to the report of the Tel Aviv University and the European Jewish Congress on anti-Semitism in the world in 2012 and review of main tendencies, the U.S. is the second in the world on the number of anti-Semitism incidents, 99, recorded in countries with numerous Jewish citizens.
The Russian Foreign Ministry said that other Western countries, pretending to have full implementation of religious freedoms and having received high evaluations in the U.S. State Department's report, were no better.
U.S. non-governmental organizations are concerned with the conditions of U.S. Muslims, accounting for around 18% populations of the country. Special services and law enforcement authorities of the U.S. are consistently implementing the policy of total control over Muslim communities and certain preachers, up to legalizing out-of-court executions abroad using air drones.
"We suppose that regardless of announced goals, such biased opuses lead to aggravation of inter-religious problems. Not politicized leaflets, but inter-confessional dialog and respected attitude to traditional humanistic values common of all world religions are needed to solve them," the statement said.
- Russian Emergency Ministry will provide fire-fighting equipment to Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem 24 January 2017, 15:33
- Kadyrov Foundation to restore world famous mosque in Aleppo 24 January 2017, 14:37
- Believers urge to make Orthodox Nativity a day-off in USA 24 January 2017, 14:07
- FJCR welcomes nomination of the Bulgarian Church to the Nobel Peace Prize 23 January 2017, 18:29
- Russian Church welcomes the Education Minister's initiative on bringing back elements of the Soviet educational system 23 January 2017, 15:02
- Trump's inauguration speech was a manifest of return to conservative values, the FJCR official believes 23 January 2017, 14:26
- Former apostolic nuncio to Russia who made a breakthrough in Orthodox-Catholic dialogue transferred to Vatican 23 January 2017, 10:09
- Salekhard administration bans gay pride parade on Polar Circle 20 January 2017, 11:53
- Divers discover a Douglas and three air bombs of World War II when preparing to Epiphany bathing in the Black Sea 20 January 2017, 11:37
- Project of the Moscow Tolerance Center to 2018 World Cup presented in Davos 20 January 2017, 11:05
- Churches belonging to Moscow Patriarchate in Ukraine attacked 13 times over past year 19 January 2017, 15:45
- Arctic Ocean sanctified in northern Yakutia in Epiphany night 19 January 2017, 11:52
- Over 1.8 mln people took part in Epiphany bathing in Russia 19 January 2017, 11:24
- Russian Orthodox Church clergy to sanctify waters of two oceans for Epiphany 18 January 2017, 18:12
- Hajj quota enlarged by more than third for Uzbek Muslims 18 January 2017, 13:07
- Arc containing relics of saints who died for faith under Soviets to be carried across Russia to mark 100th anniversary of October Revolution 18 January 2017, 13:06
- Patriarch Kirill caught cold and won't participate in Epiphany celebrations 17 January 2017, 18:56
- Russian Orthodox Church will actively participate in restoring Syrian shrines 17 January 2017, 15:46
- FJCR outraged by televiewers' vote, who called ISIL supporter "Person of the Week" 16 January 2017, 18:11
- Moscow Patriarchate church in Kiev pelted with Molotov cocktails 16 January 2017, 15:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia head to take pilgrimage to Russia on occasion of 100th anniversary of October Revolution 11 January 2017, 16:35
- Abortions banned for one day in the Yaroslavl Region to commemorate the Bethlehem babies 11 January 2017, 15:35
- Patriarch Kirill invited to Syria 09 January 2017, 16:36
- Azerbaijan has no plans to join Islamic military bloc so far 09 January 2017, 14:41
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Hungary 09 January 2017, 10:57
- Putin's Christmas message notes Russian Orthodox Church's role in preserving civil peace, accord 09 January 2017, 10:50
- Lenin should be buried, but the most important is not to inflict harm, the Russian church official believes 06 January 2017, 16:22
- Church will release results of the Yekaterinburg relics expertise by the second quarter of 2017 06 January 2017, 16:20
- Moscow Center of Tolerance carries out international children action to back up migrants 06 January 2017, 15:54
- Rabbi Lazar condemns Soviet past, calls to bury body of Lenin 06 January 2017, 15:53