01 July 2013, 10:04
Putin signs law introducing fines for homosexual propaganda among minors
Moscow, July 1, Interfax - President Vladimir Putin has signed into law a bill "On the Protection of Children from Information Harmful to their Health and Development," according to a posting on the legal information portal.
From now on, fines will be imposed on persons "popularizing non-traditional sexual relations among minors by disseminating information encouraging minors to adopt nontraditional sexual behavior, distorting the concept of social equality of traditional and nontraditional sexual relations, or forcing information on nontraditional sexual relations on minors, or inciting interest in them."
If such actions do not carry criminal liability, the private individual at fault will be fined 4,000 to 5,000 rubles, official 40,000 - 50,000 rubles and legal entity between 800,000 and 1 million rubles, or the offender's operations will be suspended for 90 days.
If such actions have been undertaken with the use of mass media or information or telecommunications networks, including the Internet, a private individual will be fined between 50,000 and 100,000 rubles, official between 100,000 and 200,000 rubles and legal entities up to 1 million rubles, or the offender's operations will be suspended for up to 90 days.
If the same actions have been carried out by a foreign national or a person without citizenship the fine will amount to between 4,000 and 5,000 rubles and the offender will be ousted from Russia, or he will be arrested for up to 15 days and subsequently ousted from Russia.
If such an offence is committed by a foreign national with the use of mass media or the Internet, the offender will be fined 50,000 to 100,000 rubles and ousted from Russia, or his will be arrested for 15 days and ousted.
The law will take effect the day it is officially published.
- In order to come to Russia Dalai Lama must quit politics - Lavrov 28 August 2014, 10:13
- Wahhabism supporters use Internet to campaign for extremism - Kadyrov 26 August 2014, 17:47
- Kadyrov asks clergy to resist early marriages in Chechnya 26 August 2014, 14:58
- Yamalo-Nenets authorities deny violations of Muslims' rights at local prison 26 August 2014, 14:57
- Russian social network VK says Islamic State accounts blocked 26 August 2014, 10:05
- Church burns down in Donetsk as shell hits is - diocese 26 August 2014, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill again calls on UN, Council of Europe, OSCE to help stop fighting in Ukraine 25 August 2014, 17:08
- Ukrainian army deliberately targets orthodox churches - archbishop of Gorlovka 25 August 2014, 16:55
- Pope Francis sends greetings to Ukraine on Independence Day 25 August 2014, 10:17
- Patriarch Kirill asks Poroshenko to stop war, prays for its victims 25 August 2014, 10:16
- Shell damages Donetsk mosque 22 August 2014, 14:20
- Islamists killing of U.S. reporter Foley is barbaric - Moscow 22 August 2014, 11:21
- Historical muftiate revived in Crimea 22 August 2014, 11:09
- Ukrainian shell hits church in central Lugansk 21 August 2014, 16:21
- Clerics bless humanitarian aid sent to Ukraine 21 August 2014, 13:44
- Twice as many churches to be built in Moscow in frames of Program 200 20 August 2014, 13:25
- Church from Moscow Program-200 can be included in world’s five masterpieces of mosaic art 20 August 2014, 13:21
- Patriarch Kirill demands intl protection of Orthodox Christians in Ukraine 20 August 2014, 10:13
- Deputy mufti murder in Vladikavkaz 18 August 2014, 11:42
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church urges gunmen in eastern Ukraine to lay down arms 18 August 2014, 10:06
- Patriarch Kirill: Uniates, schismatics seeking to eradicate Orthodoxy in Ukraine 18 August 2014, 10:05
- Patriarch Kirill sends greetings to Metropolitan Onufry 18 August 2014, 10:03
- Metropolitan Onufry enthroned as primate of Ukrainian Church 18 August 2014, 10:01
- Court suspends Kharkov authorities' resolution giving Russian senator title of Kharkiv freeman for building churches 15 August 2014, 12:50
- N. Korea's missile test-launch not connected with arrival of Pope Francis in Seoul - Pyongyang 15 August 2014, 12:43
- Far-right groups threaten Kiev Region priest with reprisals 15 August 2014, 11:54
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church ready for dialogue with "Kiev Patriarchate", Autocephalous Church 15 August 2014, 11:05
- Production of Kosher food boosts thanks to sanctions 15 August 2014, 10:04
- Leaders of Jamaat Ansarullah Tajik wing killed in Afghanistan 15 August 2014, 10:03
- Rabbi calls for terrorists in Iraq, Syria to be ruthlessly killed, their sponsors tried in The Hague 15 August 2014, 10:01