08 August 2013, 17:27
FEMEN activists planned to piss at St. Andrew the First-Called cross in Kiev on the jubilee of Russia's Baptism
***Anti-Femen group set up in Ukraine
Moscow, August 8, Interfax - Activists of the FEMEN movement planned to hold an unprecedentedly bold action in Kiev on the days of celebrating the 1025th Anniversary of the Baptism of Russia, MP of the Dniepropetrovsk regional council Viktoria Shilova said.
"The plan was as follows: dressed as nuns they intended to come to the place where the greatest Orthodox shrine - the cross of St. Andrew the First-Called was placed. The five feminist marionettes had to come as close as possible to the shrine, then put off their monastic cloaks and topless as usual defecate and piss before the many thousands of people," the MP writes at her official website.
According to Shilova, the FEMEN activists wrote unquotable slogans on their bodies aimed against Orthodoxy, heads of foreign states and clergy.
"It's clear that if it had happened, no Orthodox shrine would have ever been brought to the Kievan Rus," the MP says, reminding that officials of the Obolon district department of the Kiev police interfered in these plans.
"Pseudonuns were imprisoned earlier than they managed to put off their underwear," Shilova sums up.
In her interview to the Vzglyad website she said that this information "is not exaggerated, it is absolute truth as they defecated everywhere in the room where they were held in the Obolon police station. According to Shilova, they "ate plums, peaches and purgative drugs to make it in public before the cross of St. Andrew the First Called, after putting off their clothes."
"I'm sorry for such details, but it's true," the MP stressed.
She also said that recently a group of women of different age had gathered in Dniepropetrovsk, they called themselves Anti-Femen and intended to oppose FEMEN acts by "all legal means."
"Let's give a worthy answer to the creatures, who lay their hands to the future of our children. Moral disability, physical and moral perversions, degenerative actions performed by FEMEN now will meet tough opposition," Shilova writes at her website.
- Russians are against religious cartoons - poll 28 January 2015, 17:00
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about church arsons in Ukraine 28 January 2015, 14:17
- Rabbi Lazar thanks WWII veterans for saving world from fascism 28 January 2015, 10:02
- Police bust female extremist cell in southern Kyrgyzstan 27 January 2015, 17:54
- Church set on fire in Kiev 27 January 2015, 16:19
- Russia calls for inquiry into Babi Yar church arson 27 January 2015, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill condemns cartoons of Prophet Muhammad 26 January 2015, 18:45
- Over two thirds of Russians aware of Charlie Hebdo attack - poll 26 January 2015, 17:08
- Church torched in Babi Yar 26 January 2015, 16:40
- Some 3,000 strong protest in Jalal-Abad against Muhammad caricatures 26 January 2015, 14:47
- Roskomnadzor issues warning to newspaper RBC for publishing images offensive to Muslims 26 January 2015, 12:10
- Peskov would like "Leviathan" movie to be released in Russia 26 January 2015, 10:06
- Duma calls on journalists not to incite religious hatred 26 January 2015, 10:05
- Warsaw's stance insults memory of Auschwitz liberators - FJCR head 23 January 2015, 13:17
- Russia could be one of world's last civilizations - Church official 23 January 2015, 10:16
- Dagestan leader slams insults to Muslims' religious feelings 23 January 2015, 10:05
- Russia needs to revive Soviet-era sense of solidarity - Patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:11
- Russian political parties must not destroy basic values - patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:01
- Russian bishop blasts child euthanasia, abortions 22 January 2015, 18:13
- Lavrov considers caricatures on religious topics tasteless 22 January 2015, 10:44
- Church will support fight against nationalism and Nazism - Patriarch 22 January 2015, 10:19
- U.S., French, Israeli flags burned during Baku protest against Muhammad cartoons 21 January 2015, 18:37
- Russian Church expresses solidarity with Muslims who protested in Grozny 21 January 2015, 10:03
- Bishkek rally demands ban on Prophet Muhammad cartoons 20 January 2015, 13:53
- Israeli court orders priest Grozovsky extradition to Russia, defense planning to appeal 19 January 2015, 18:02
- Body of Georgian priest killed in fire on Norman Atlantic ferry taken to Georgia 19 January 2015, 17:00
- Over 1 million people take part in rally protesting cartoons of Prophet Muhammad held in Grozny 19 January 2015, 14:50
- Moscow Muslims see no sense in holding anti-caricature protest 19 January 2015, 10:08
- Russian lawmaker wants budget funding recovered from Leviathan film director 19 January 2015, 10:05
- Georgian Orthodox Church condemns Prophet Muhammad caricatures 19 January 2015, 10:04