08 August 2013, 17:27
FEMEN activists planned to piss at St. Andrew the First-Called cross in Kiev on the jubilee of Russia's Baptism
***Anti-Femen group set up in Ukraine
Moscow, August 8, Interfax - Activists of the FEMEN movement planned to hold an unprecedentedly bold action in Kiev on the days of celebrating the 1025th Anniversary of the Baptism of Russia, MP of the Dniepropetrovsk regional council Viktoria Shilova said.
"The plan was as follows: dressed as nuns they intended to come to the place where the greatest Orthodox shrine - the cross of St. Andrew the First-Called was placed. The five feminist marionettes had to come as close as possible to the shrine, then put off their monastic cloaks and topless as usual defecate and piss before the many thousands of people," the MP writes at her official website.
According to Shilova, the FEMEN activists wrote unquotable slogans on their bodies aimed against Orthodoxy, heads of foreign states and clergy.
"It's clear that if it had happened, no Orthodox shrine would have ever been brought to the Kievan Rus," the MP says, reminding that officials of the Obolon district department of the Kiev police interfered in these plans.
"Pseudonuns were imprisoned earlier than they managed to put off their underwear," Shilova sums up.
In her interview to the Vzglyad website she said that this information "is not exaggerated, it is absolute truth as they defecated everywhere in the room where they were held in the Obolon police station. According to Shilova, they "ate plums, peaches and purgative drugs to make it in public before the cross of St. Andrew the First Called, after putting off their clothes."
"I'm sorry for such details, but it's true," the MP stressed.
She also said that recently a group of women of different age had gathered in Dniepropetrovsk, they called themselves Anti-Femen and intended to oppose FEMEN acts by "all legal means."
"Let's give a worthy answer to the creatures, who lay their hands to the future of our children. Moral disability, physical and moral perversions, degenerative actions performed by FEMEN now will meet tough opposition," Shilova writes at her website.
- DPR official speaks about 62 churches destroyed 27 November 2014, 17:49
- Metropolitan Kliment believes high speed is disadvantage of the Internet 27 November 2014, 14:59
- Russian Council of Muftis dismisses allegations of terror recruitment at Moscow Mosque 26 November 2014, 16:47
- IS funded by Afghan heroin profits - FSKN 26 November 2014, 15:44
- Hundreds of children to draw their guardian angel in the Moscow Cathedral of Christ the Savior 26 November 2014, 14:27
- Stavropol to host 3rd Forum of World Russian People's Council 26 November 2014, 10:30
- Anti-Semitic inscription appeared on the building of a Moscow center for Torah studies 25 November 2014, 16:42
- CIS-led intl court could investigate Ukraine religious crimes - Russian rights activist 25 November 2014, 15:09
- Tajik Islamists use Moscow as a crossing point between Tajikistan and Syria 25 November 2014, 13:48
- Patriarchal Commission against full ban on physical methods of upbringing children in family 25 November 2014, 12:56
- Russian priest suggests banning Wahhabism, Nazism and aggressive neo-paganism 24 November 2014, 17:46
- Church in the Donetsk Region shelled 24 November 2014, 17:34
- Humanitarian help to restore churches will be conveyed to the DNR 24 November 2014, 12:16
- Russia to invite OSCE to address condition of Christians in Mideast - Lavrov 24 November 2014, 10:08
- Moscow accuses UN mission in ignoring takeovers of churches and threats against priests in eastern Ukraine 24 November 2014, 10:04
- Zvyagintsev's Leviathan wins Golden Frog at Camerimage festival 24 November 2014, 10:03
- Russia, U.S. must melt ice in relationship, overcome global crises - Patriarch Kirill 21 November 2014, 19:02
- At least 50 churches were damaged in military action in Ukraine - Russian expert 21 November 2014, 18:20
- Uniates following UOC hierarchs distanced from memorandum for the Local Church 21 November 2014, 16:03
- Moscow wants Islamic world disagreements resolved - Russian foreign minister 21 November 2014, 12:14
- Putin, patriarch unveil monument to Alexander I outside Kremlin 21 November 2014, 10:02
- Jerusalem synagogue attack extreme, Russia must prevent such crimes - Putin 20 November 2014, 17:53
- DNR soldiers venerate St. George relics 20 November 2014, 14:30
- Patriarch Kirill speaks on divorce statistics 19 November 2014, 15:19
- Orthodox youth should be modern: no dress-codes and 'ethnographic ghetto' is needed 19 November 2014, 13:56
- Patriarch Kirill urges young people not to substitute real communication with virtual 19 November 2014, 13:37
- Patriarch Kirill recommends to take up the cross, not to 'relax and enjoy' 19 November 2014, 12:54
- Moscow denounces deadly attack on Jerusalem synagogue - Foreign Ministry 19 November 2014, 10:01
- Religions play key role in maintaining peace and stability - Azeri leader 18 November 2014, 11:26
- Residents in south Moscow voluntarily refuse parking lots to build a church 17 November 2014, 17:59