04 September 2013, 10:06
On the eve of G20 summit in Petersburg 103 organizations from 33 countries back up Russian law banning gay propaganda among children
St. Petersburg, September 4, Interfax - On the eve of G20 summit in St. Petersburg, over 100 organizations advocating family values and representing civil society in the 33countries signed a statement to support the law recently adopted in Russia that bans propaganda of non-traditional relations among children.
"Natural family set up by the way of marriage between man and woman is a foundation of every human society and has a right to be protected by society and state, which is fixed in international norms on human rights, including Universal Declaration of Human Rights," the document conveyed to Interfax reads.
The authors remind that "any initiative inflicting harm to a family is destructive for society" and children need special protection as "they are innocent and immature."
The statement stresses that Russian law banning gay propaganda protects children's and parents' rights recognized by international agreements. Organizations that backed up the document believe that "Russia protects true and generally accepted human rights from artificially fabricated "values" aggressively implanted in many modern societies."
In conclusion the authors of the statement urge to respect sovereignty of Russian people and ask all people of good will to support Russia, as well as Ukraine and Moldavia that face the same foreign pressure in connection with similar legal norms.
Organizations from European countries, Latin America and the USA, including such international structures as the World Congress of Families and European Large Families Association supported the statement. Spanish organization Professional for Ethics initiated the document.
- Moscow condemns Friday bomb attack at Saudi mosque 25 May 2015, 10:56
- Putin says Russian Orthodox Church remains leading spiritual component of society 25 May 2015, 10:10
- Mikhalkov tells how his father did not let Greek monks to occupy Russian monastery on Mount Athos 22 May 2015, 14:46
- Russia has no plans to legalize polygamy - Mizulina 22 May 2015, 12:58
- Church insists on adopting the law excluding abortions from the system of compulsory medical insurance 22 May 2015, 12:47
- Patriarch Kirill speaks of Orthodox believers' contribution to the Victory and urges to keep it in memory 20 May 2015, 15:56
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin accuses enemies of traditional family of attacking Chechnya 20 May 2015, 10:22
- Polygamy prohibited in Russia; Kremlin not taking part in debate - Peskov 20 May 2015, 10:06
- Belarus seeks extradition of self-proclaimed Kiev Patriarchate priest suspected of fraud 19 May 2015, 15:17
- Bill cancelling mandatory health insurance coverage for abortions submitted to State Duma 19 May 2015, 10:42
- Dozens of priests leave Ukraine, 19 churches of Moscow Patriarchate seized - Russian Orthodox Church representative 18 May 2015, 18:15
- Qiwi denies participation in Islamic State financing schemes 18 May 2015, 17:57
- Over 80% of Russians against same-sex "marriages" 18 May 2015, 17:48
- Priests, opponents of same-sex relationships disrupt gay pride parade in Chisinau 18 May 2015, 11:56
- Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church calls for halt of infowar between Ukraine, Russia 15 May 2015, 17:52
- Tajik riot police commander may be fighting with Islamic State in Syria - sources 14 May 2015, 10:02
- Patriarch Kirill invited to Cuba 12 May 2015, 10:09
- UOC primate did not stand up to honor ATO participants in Rada 12 May 2015, 10:08
- Three religious organizations get warnings from Justice Ministry for breaches of legislation 08 May 2015, 17:20
- Xi Jinping praise Russian Church's role in fight against fascism 08 May 2015, 17:13
- Orthodox faith was the decisive factor for the Victory, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 08 May 2015, 15:13
- Night Wolves to pray in the Russian Cathedral in Berlin on Victory Day 08 May 2015, 10:00
- Another 19 Islamists convicted in Tajikistan 07 May 2015, 13:41
- The reason of Ukrainian conflict in degradation of ruling elites – Ukrainian Church 07 May 2015, 10:10
- The Victory in Great Patriotic War the God's miracle – Patriarch Kirill 07 May 2015, 10:02
- Ten Islamists jailed in Tajikistan 05 May 2015, 10:29
- Four Hizb ut-Tahrir members convicted of terror plot to blow up N. Novgorod shopping mall 05 May 2015, 10:22
- Patriarch Kirill grateful to Pope for considered stance on Ukraine, condemns Uniates 05 May 2015, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill concerned by Christianophobia in Europe 05 May 2015, 10:05
- Grande Duke Nikolay Nikolayevich, his spouse laid to rest at WWII Memorial chapel 05 May 2015, 10:00