04 September 2013, 10:06
On the eve of G20 summit in Petersburg 103 organizations from 33 countries back up Russian law banning gay propaganda among children
St. Petersburg, September 4, Interfax - On the eve of G20 summit in St. Petersburg, over 100 organizations advocating family values and representing civil society in the 33countries signed a statement to support the law recently adopted in Russia that bans propaganda of non-traditional relations among children.
"Natural family set up by the way of marriage between man and woman is a foundation of every human society and has a right to be protected by society and state, which is fixed in international norms on human rights, including Universal Declaration of Human Rights," the document conveyed to Interfax reads.
The authors remind that "any initiative inflicting harm to a family is destructive for society" and children need special protection as "they are innocent and immature."
The statement stresses that Russian law banning gay propaganda protects children's and parents' rights recognized by international agreements. Organizations that backed up the document believe that "Russia protects true and generally accepted human rights from artificially fabricated "values" aggressively implanted in many modern societies."
In conclusion the authors of the statement urge to respect sovereignty of Russian people and ask all people of good will to support Russia, as well as Ukraine and Moldavia that face the same foreign pressure in connection with similar legal norms.
Organizations from European countries, Latin America and the USA, including such international structures as the World Congress of Families and European Large Families Association supported the statement. Spanish organization Professional for Ethics initiated the document.
- Minsk administration bans public events organized by sexual minorities 11 December 2013, 10:05
- Russia arrests presumed Hizb ut-Tahrir envoy 11 December 2013, 10:02
- Believers have right to influence public processes, state - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 11 December 2013, 10:00
- Russia to oppose inclusion of sections on sexual orientation in intl documents 10 December 2013, 10:02
- Amnesty could apply to Pussy Riot members - newspaper 10 December 2013, 10:01
- Elton John performs in Moscow, protests homophobia 09 December 2013, 10:01
- It is unacceptable for constitution to give preference to any one faith - Russian premier 06 December 2013, 16:09
- Deputy Milonov proposes easing receipt of Russian citizenship for "spiritually insulted" Europeans 04 December 2013, 15:49
- Moscow, Antioch Patriarchates call for release of kidnapped Syrian nuns 04 December 2013, 15:47
- Catholic priest suspected of high treason released from Belarusian KGB cell pending trial - Apostolic Nunciature 04 December 2013, 14:23
- Russia wants terror attacks stopped against religious figures, worship sites in Syria 04 December 2013, 12:16
- Lawyer: Russian priest accused of pedophilia remains in Israel 04 December 2013, 10:10
- Russians still trust president, Church the most - poll 04 December 2013, 10:09
- Conflicts on former Soviet soil should be settled peacefully - Russian Church 03 December 2013, 15:28
- Muslim organization leader appointed head of new Kazakh movement 03 December 2013, 14:39
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin calls for fight against destructive sects 02 December 2013, 17:43
- Reward pledged in Tatarstan for info on church arsonists 02 December 2013, 17:24
- Orthodox Christians to hold sacred procession in Kiev 02 December 2013, 13:51
- Religious organization in Taganrog illegally treated drug-dependent people 02 December 2013, 10:18
- The Bible will be translated into modern Russian language 02 December 2013, 10:17
- Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church condemn Maidan dispersal 02 December 2013, 10:11
- FEMEN activist strips near Kiev Laura of the Caves against dictatorship 02 December 2013, 10:09
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin advises Orthodox countries not to adopt Western democracy models 29 November 2013, 10:05
- Minaret built in Georgian village at night 29 November 2013, 10:03
- Hizb ut-Tahrir recruiter detained in Kyrgyzstan 28 November 2013, 12:03
- Too early to discuss time, place of meeting of Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis - Russian Church 28 November 2013, 10:13
- Patriarch Kirill expressed concerns about exodus by Christians from Iraq 27 November 2013, 14:29
- 15 At Takfir Wal-Hijra members detained in Moscow - Interior Ministry 27 November 2013, 10:24
- Putin: Russia, Vatican have similar positions on many issues 27 November 2013, 10:22
- Russian Church calls for broad debate of idea for special role of Orthodox faith in Constitution 27 November 2013, 10:01