04 September 2013, 10:06
On the eve of G20 summit in Petersburg 103 organizations from 33 countries back up Russian law banning gay propaganda among children
St. Petersburg, September 4, Interfax - On the eve of G20 summit in St. Petersburg, over 100 organizations advocating family values and representing civil society in the 33countries signed a statement to support the law recently adopted in Russia that bans propaganda of non-traditional relations among children.
"Natural family set up by the way of marriage between man and woman is a foundation of every human society and has a right to be protected by society and state, which is fixed in international norms on human rights, including Universal Declaration of Human Rights," the document conveyed to Interfax reads.
The authors remind that "any initiative inflicting harm to a family is destructive for society" and children need special protection as "they are innocent and immature."
The statement stresses that Russian law banning gay propaganda protects children's and parents' rights recognized by international agreements. Organizations that backed up the document believe that "Russia protects true and generally accepted human rights from artificially fabricated "values" aggressively implanted in many modern societies."
In conclusion the authors of the statement urge to respect sovereignty of Russian people and ask all people of good will to support Russia, as well as Ukraine and Moldavia that face the same foreign pressure in connection with similar legal norms.
Organizations from European countries, Latin America and the USA, including such international structures as the World Congress of Families and European Large Families Association supported the statement. Spanish organization Professional for Ethics initiated the document.
- Patriarch Kirill pays attention of the participants in the Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly to attempts of infringing canonical church in Ukraine 17 October 2017, 14:14
- Patriarch Kirill urges to base legislation on law of morals 16 October 2017, 17:17
- Metropolitan Hilarion is positive about works of priest-rapper 16 October 2017, 14:41
- Communication between people doesn't depend on political, religious differences - Putin at opening of Youth Festival in Sochi 16 October 2017, 10:29
- Christian State leader Kalinin charged with extremism 13 October 2017, 12:32
- Head of Russian Catholics speaks about confident improvement of relations with the Russian Orthodox Church 12 October 2017, 11:05
- Homes of suspected Hizb ut-Tahrir members searched in Bakhchisarai 11 October 2017, 18:59
- Metropolitan Hilarion accuses the United States of the lack of democracy 11 October 2017, 17:21
- Catholics jointly with Orthodox believers will restore Orthodox churches in Syria 09 October 2017, 11:34
- Godless society will not conquer extremism - Vatican representative in Russia 06 October 2017, 18:48
- Religious leaders' dialogue promotes peaceful Karabakh settlement - head of Muslim Board of Caucasus 04 October 2017, 17:58
- Son of Russia's chief rabbi is involved in uniting Jews in Crimea 04 October 2017, 15:12
- Priest is not allowed to Russian pilot Yaroshenko in American prison 04 October 2017, 10:00
- Ingusheti preacher in averted assassination attempt already survived 03 October 2017, 11:47
- Russian Orthodox Church welcomes softened U.S. stance on freedom of conscience in Russia 03 October 2017, 10:00
- Attempt on life of religious figure averted in Ingushetia 02 October 2017, 13:31
- State Duma deputies who watched Matilda see it as movie, give filmmaker right to realize idea 29 September 2017, 18:05
- Patriarch Kirill equals insulting believers' feelings to extremism 29 September 2017, 15:19
- Patriarch Kirill positively evaluates relations between Uzbekistan's Muslims, Orthodox 29 September 2017, 13:39
- Lukashenko suggests organizing meeting between Patriarch Kirill, pope in Minsk 28 September 2017, 13:59
- Metropolitan Hilarion draws pope's attention to discrimination threat to canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church 28 September 2017, 10:11
- Syrian authorities are doing everything to protect Christians – Russian MP 28 September 2017, 10:07
- Uzbek leader plans to meet with Patriarch Kirill 28 September 2017, 10:04
- Russian Orthodox Church will be built in Kabul 28 September 2017, 10:01
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Uzbekistan 27 September 2017, 15:43
- Russia was the first to discover destructive essence of Gulen's sect - Mufti Krganov 27 September 2017, 10:29
- European Jews concerned about far-right party's Bundestag election results 25 September 2017, 15:52
- Holy Russia leader under prosecution for pressuring cinemas due to Matilda, detained 25 September 2017, 10:04
- Christian State leader released with travel restrictions 22 September 2017, 17:13
- Religious extremist from Tajikistan arrested in Kirov Region 22 September 2017, 17:08