04 September 2013, 10:06
On the eve of G20 summit in Petersburg 103 organizations from 33 countries back up Russian law banning gay propaganda among children
St. Petersburg, September 4, Interfax - On the eve of G20 summit in St. Petersburg, over 100 organizations advocating family values and representing civil society in the 33countries signed a statement to support the law recently adopted in Russia that bans propaganda of non-traditional relations among children.
"Natural family set up by the way of marriage between man and woman is a foundation of every human society and has a right to be protected by society and state, which is fixed in international norms on human rights, including Universal Declaration of Human Rights," the document conveyed to Interfax reads.
The authors remind that "any initiative inflicting harm to a family is destructive for society" and children need special protection as "they are innocent and immature."
The statement stresses that Russian law banning gay propaganda protects children's and parents' rights recognized by international agreements. Organizations that backed up the document believe that "Russia protects true and generally accepted human rights from artificially fabricated "values" aggressively implanted in many modern societies."
In conclusion the authors of the statement urge to respect sovereignty of Russian people and ask all people of good will to support Russia, as well as Ukraine and Moldavia that face the same foreign pressure in connection with similar legal norms.
Organizations from European countries, Latin America and the USA, including such international structures as the World Congress of Families and European Large Families Association supported the statement. Spanish organization Professional for Ethics initiated the document.
- Sacred procession near Kiev comes to halt again over suspicious object 26 July 2016, 19:28
- Ukraine's Interior Ministry moves to stop procession of believers walking along Zhytomyr Highway, make them proceed on buses 26 July 2016, 18:55
- Azov militant sentenced to 6 years in custody for arson of a mosque in Crimea 26 July 2016, 18:51
- Patriarch Kirill believes Christian Orthodox world won't be split despite political ill-wishers 26 July 2016, 18:48
- Patriarch Kirill calls Russia's stance on Syria noble and honest 26 July 2016, 18:46
- Participants in sacred procession move to Kiev by foot despite calls of law enforcers to use buses 26 July 2016, 18:36
- Ukrainian National Police, National Guard block sacred procession along Kiev's streets - Interior minister 26 July 2016, 14:09
- Ukrainian Interior Ministry offers to move sacred procession in Kiev via buses for safety considerations 26 July 2016, 14:06
- Former Yukos shareholders no longer claim Russian land site in Paris - defense lawyers for Russia 25 July 2016, 17:18
- Opponents to procession of Ukrainian Orthodox Church block highway to Borispol 25 July 2016, 16:12
- Dushanbe asks Interpol to help catch banned Islamic party leader 22 July 2016, 16:00
- Ukrainian intelligence: Russian special services intend to use Ukrainian Orthodox Church cross procession for provocations 22 July 2016, 15:06
- Non-participation by some Churches in Pan-Orthodox Council was caused by external attempt to cause division in Orthodox world - Lavrov 22 July 2016, 15:01
- Poroshenko regrets about decision on Volyn tragedy and urges to Christian conciliation 22 July 2016, 14:25
- It's unacceptable to use Ukrainian crisis to divide Orthodox Church - Lavrov 22 July 2016, 13:58
- Russian Jews speak strongly against gay pride parade in Jerusalem 22 July 2016, 11:41
- Russia's advantage over West is common moral standings of Orthodox Christians, Muslims 22 July 2016, 10:00
- Tatarstan is responsible for ethnic relations to all Russia - Patriarch Kirill 21 July 2016, 15:44
- Patriarch Kirill lays down foundation of cathedral on site where miracle-working icon was obtained in Kazan 21 July 2016, 15:08
- Cross procession led by Patriarch Kirill was going on in Kazan 21 July 2016, 14:18
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia is against exhumation of Jews killed in Poland during the war 21 July 2016, 13:09
- Priests tried to stop clashes of demonstrators with police in Yerevan 21 July 2016, 12:12
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Tatarstan's Orthodox Christians, Muslims to live in good peace 20 July 2016, 18:29
- Constantinople calls it coincidence that Patriarch Bartholomew left Turkey a few hours before the attempted coup 20 July 2016, 11:38
- Berel Lazar criticizes attempts to consider the Temple Mount exceptionally Islamic shrine 20 July 2016, 11:06
- Church urges participants in Pokemon Go not to lose reason and not to turn to pokemons 19 July 2016, 15:24
- Turkey expects Georgia to shut down schools of preacher Gulen accused of masterminding attempted coup 19 July 2016, 10:04
- Russian cathedral in Nice helps relatives of the terror attack victims 18 July 2016, 15:41
- Russia shuts down ISIL marriage website 18 July 2016, 11:12
- Attempted coup in Turkey seeks to avoid dismissals of military officials linked with Gulen - deputy prime minister 18 July 2016, 10:23