09 September 2013, 17:14
Religious expert suggests to send the Russian volunteer corps to Syria
Moscow, September 9, Interfax - Mass attacks against Christian minority in Syria and desecration of shrines venerated all around the world puts on the agenda Russia's active participation in the conflict, religious expert and head of the Human Rights Center of the World Russian People's Council Roman Silantyev said commenting terrorist capture of the Christian town Maaloula.
"I admit that Russian direct military participation in Syrian conflict is pointless, however what can prevent us from sending volunteers in the country? Orthodox volunteers could come and help Syrian Christians and Ramzan Kadyrov can help enlist Muslims who will protect mosques and mausoleums sacred for Muslims," Silantyev told Interax-Religion.
He reminded that Saudi terrorism ideologists promised to destroy sacred places of all religions in Syria. "Even if the situation develops negatively, we can save many people and shrines," the interviewee of the agency believes.
This June he met with leading Sunnite theologians in Damascus and they asked why only Wahabis come to make war from Russia.
The expert reminds that Russian citizens have rich experience in standing for justice outside their country - from the British-Boer war to helping Cuba and Yugoslavia.
"We shouln't think that our citizens can participate in military actions only inside our country, or otherwise they will shed blood for alien interests. Even in slandered Afghan war Soviet soldiers killed hundreds of thousands Islamists, protecting our southern borders from massive attack after USSR collapse and none of the soldiers who laid their life there, did it in vain. And survived Syrian terrorists will inevitably come to our country that is why it is better to beat them at the alien territory without looking back to the Memorial society," the expert summed up.
- Police bust female extremist cell in southern Kyrgyzstan 27 January 2015, 17:54
- Church set on fire in Kiev 27 January 2015, 16:19
- Russia calls for inquiry into Babi Yar church arson 27 January 2015, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill condemns cartoons of Prophet Muhammad 26 January 2015, 18:45
- Over two thirds of Russians aware of Charlie Hebdo attack - poll 26 January 2015, 17:08
- Church torched in Babi Yar 26 January 2015, 16:40
- Some 3,000 strong protest in Jalal-Abad against Muhammad caricatures 26 January 2015, 14:47
- Roskomnadzor issues warning to newspaper RBC for publishing images offensive to Muslims 26 January 2015, 12:10
- Peskov would like "Leviathan" movie to be released in Russia 26 January 2015, 10:06
- Duma calls on journalists not to incite religious hatred 26 January 2015, 10:05
- Warsaw's stance insults memory of Auschwitz liberators - FJCR head 23 January 2015, 13:17
- Russia could be one of world's last civilizations - Church official 23 January 2015, 10:16
- Dagestan leader slams insults to Muslims' religious feelings 23 January 2015, 10:05
- Russia needs to revive Soviet-era sense of solidarity - Patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:11
- Russian political parties must not destroy basic values - patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:01
- Russian bishop blasts child euthanasia, abortions 22 January 2015, 18:13
- Lavrov considers caricatures on religious topics tasteless 22 January 2015, 10:44
- Church will support fight against nationalism and Nazism - Patriarch 22 January 2015, 10:19
- U.S., French, Israeli flags burned during Baku protest against Muhammad cartoons 21 January 2015, 18:37
- Russian Church expresses solidarity with Muslims who protested in Grozny 21 January 2015, 10:03
- Bishkek rally demands ban on Prophet Muhammad cartoons 20 January 2015, 13:53
- Israeli court orders priest Grozovsky extradition to Russia, defense planning to appeal 19 January 2015, 18:02
- Body of Georgian priest killed in fire on Norman Atlantic ferry taken to Georgia 19 January 2015, 17:00
- Over 1 million people take part in rally protesting cartoons of Prophet Muhammad held in Grozny 19 January 2015, 14:50
- Moscow Muslims see no sense in holding anti-caricature protest 19 January 2015, 10:08
- Russian lawmaker wants budget funding recovered from Leviathan film director 19 January 2015, 10:05
- Georgian Orthodox Church condemns Prophet Muhammad caricatures 19 January 2015, 10:04
- Some 15,000 rally in Ingushetia against cartoons of Prophet Muhammad 19 January 2015, 10:03
- Moscow officials reject application to hold demo against religious insults 19 January 2015, 10:01
- Foreign Ministry: Over 800 of Russians fighting for ISIL 16 January 2015, 17:43