09 September 2013, 17:14
Religious expert suggests to send the Russian volunteer corps to Syria
Moscow, September 9, Interfax - Mass attacks against Christian minority in Syria and desecration of shrines venerated all around the world puts on the agenda Russia's active participation in the conflict, religious expert and head of the Human Rights Center of the World Russian People's Council Roman Silantyev said commenting terrorist capture of the Christian town Maaloula.
"I admit that Russian direct military participation in Syrian conflict is pointless, however what can prevent us from sending volunteers in the country? Orthodox volunteers could come and help Syrian Christians and Ramzan Kadyrov can help enlist Muslims who will protect mosques and mausoleums sacred for Muslims," Silantyev told Interax-Religion.
He reminded that Saudi terrorism ideologists promised to destroy sacred places of all religions in Syria. "Even if the situation develops negatively, we can save many people and shrines," the interviewee of the agency believes.
This June he met with leading Sunnite theologians in Damascus and they asked why only Wahabis come to make war from Russia.
The expert reminds that Russian citizens have rich experience in standing for justice outside their country - from the British-Boer war to helping Cuba and Yugoslavia.
"We shouln't think that our citizens can participate in military actions only inside our country, or otherwise they will shed blood for alien interests. Even in slandered Afghan war Soviet soldiers killed hundreds of thousands Islamists, protecting our southern borders from massive attack after USSR collapse and none of the soldiers who laid their life there, did it in vain. And survived Syrian terrorists will inevitably come to our country that is why it is better to beat them at the alien territory without looking back to the Memorial society," the expert summed up.
- Russia, U.S. must melt ice in relationship, overcome global crises - Patriarch Kirill 21 November 2014, 19:02
- At least 50 churches were damaged in military action in Ukraine - Russian expert 21 November 2014, 18:20
- Uniates following UOC hierarchs distanced from memorandum for the Local Church 21 November 2014, 16:03
- Moscow wants Islamic world disagreements resolved - Russian foreign minister 21 November 2014, 12:14
- Putin, patriarch unveil monument to Alexander I outside Kremlin 21 November 2014, 10:02
- Jerusalem synagogue attack extreme, Russia must prevent such crimes - Putin 20 November 2014, 17:53
- DNR soldiers venerate St. George relics 20 November 2014, 14:30
- Patriarch Kirill speaks on divorce statistics 19 November 2014, 15:19
- Orthodox youth should be modern: no dress-codes and 'ethnographic ghetto' is needed 19 November 2014, 13:56
- Patriarch Kirill urges young people not to substitute real communication with virtual 19 November 2014, 13:37
- Patriarch Kirill recommends to take up the cross, not to 'relax and enjoy' 19 November 2014, 12:54
- Moscow denounces deadly attack on Jerusalem synagogue - Foreign Ministry 19 November 2014, 10:01
- Religions play key role in maintaining peace and stability - Azeri leader 18 November 2014, 11:26
- Residents in south Moscow voluntarily refuse parking lots to build a church 17 November 2014, 17:59
- Wars in Muslim countries stem from poverty, lack of education - leader of CIS' only legal Islamic party 17 November 2014, 12:07
- Russian patriarch urges Serbs to cherish brotherly unity with Russian people 17 November 2014, 11:01
- Russian, Serbian patriarchs sanctify monument to Nicholas II in Belgrade 17 November 2014, 10:55
- Patriarch Kirill calls to stop violations of rights, liberties of Serbian population of Kosovo 17 November 2014, 10:17
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes attempts to rewrite history of Serbia, former USSR 17 November 2014, 10:15
- Serbian-Russian friendship is based on spiritual closeness, not amount of gas sold - Serbian president 17 November 2014, 10:02
- Procession with cross for peace marches in Ukraine 14 November 2014, 19:59
- Israel blames Palestine for exacerbation of situation with Temple Mount in Jerusalem 14 November 2014, 18:16
- Patriarch Kirill calls on people of Serbia to work together on renewing Europe 14 November 2014, 17:55
- Hundreds of people welcome Patriarch Kirill in Belgrade 14 November 2014, 17:49
- Orthodox world will never recognize Ukrainian schismatics - the Ukrainian Orthodox Church 14 November 2014, 10:08
- IS leader Omar Ash-Shishani has been killed - Kadyrov 13 November 2014, 15:54
- UOC Primate awards Interfax-Religion editor-in-chief 13 November 2014, 14:37
- Russians trust president, church, army - poll 13 November 2014, 14:36
- Russian Orthodox Church: Christian suffering in Middle East caused by West indifference 12 November 2014, 17:19
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Serbia 12 November 2014, 14:28