02 October 2013, 17:05
Religious expert on the offer to destroy churches in the Arabian Peninsula: Wahabis got cocky
Moscow, October 2, Interfax - Grand Mufti of the Saudi Arabia Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah's idea to destroy all churches in the Arabian Peninsula shows "the extreme degree of Wahabi impudence," the expert on Islam Roman Silantyev said.
The first person of "the most peaceful trend in Islam" again urged to aggressive actions against Christians. It evidently proves that official Wahhabism-Salafism is identical to the ideology of terrorists, who are in fact destroying Christian churches and their parishioners from Pakistan to Nigeria, working especially hard in Syria," Silantyev told Interfax-Religion.
He reminds that a Russian Orthodox church was opened in the Arabian Peninsula, in the Sharjah emirate, and appeals to destroy it are voiced alongside with declaring Russia Islam's first enemy and beating Russian Ambassador in Wahabi Qatar.
"Wahabi leaders should mind that not long ago wars were declared for even more minor issues. And while we haven't got down to it we can liquidate all centers of Saudi influence in Russia, and thanks to God, it has been intensively realized in Russia this year. And it won't take long to ban Wahabi ideology in Russia, special thanks for it to various great muftis who are not embarrassed to speak about their true intentions," Silantyev said.
Recently, the Saudi mufti justified his suggestion saying that Islam is the only legal religion in the region and cited Prophet Mohamed's words that "there shouldn't be two religions on the Arabian Peninsula."
- Patriarch Kirill wishes courage to victims of Istanbul terrorist act 30 June 2016, 15:24
- Terror eventually touched Turkey In result of Turkish policy of double standards, Jewish leader of Russia believes 30 June 2016, 10:26
- Six Salafism adherents detained in Kazakhstan 30 June 2016, 10:10
- Moscow would like Venice Commission to react to Rada appeal on Ukrainian Orthodox Church's autocephaly 30 June 2016, 10:07
- Eleven religious radicals arrested over case of terror attack preparation in Kazakhstan, 1 dies during arrest (updated) 29 June 2016, 15:07
- Pope takes side of Azerbaijan on Karabakh issue - Baku 27 June 2016, 11:53
- Moscow Patriarchate tells Constantinople democracy is irrelevant in church life 27 June 2016, 11:40
- Vatican-Ankara relations will not sour over Pope's statement on Armenian genocide - Holy See 27 June 2016, 10:45
- Pope Francis again calls 1915 events in Ottoman Empire 'genocide' 27 June 2016, 10:28
- Russian Security Council notes active use of religious organizations by foreign special services 27 June 2016, 10:26
- Holy Synod to determine Russian Church's attitude to Orthodox forum on Crete in July 27 June 2016, 10:00
- Experts warn against Constantinople's attempt to set up a standing body of ruling the Orthodox world 24 June 2016, 18:42
- Pope Francis has meeting in Etchmiadzin Monastery in Armenia 24 June 2016, 17:12
- Pope arrives in Armenia 24 June 2016, 14:19
- Independence of the Ukrainian Church from Moscow can result in religious war - expert 24 June 2016, 12:07
- July 5 declared non-working day in Crimea due to Muslim holiday 23 June 2016, 18:03
- Patriarch Kirill thanks God that leader of Syrian Christians survived terrorist attack 23 June 2016, 14:44
- Russian Church registers 130 violations of Orthodox Christians' rights in Europe in 2015 22 June 2016, 17:06
- Vatican State Secretary urges Ukrainians not to be nationalists and not to drive themselves into ghetto 22 June 2016, 12:51
- Scientologists detained in St. Petersburg remain under witness status, no charges pressed – source 22 June 2016, 12:27
- Searches over case of illegal activity of Church of Scientology conducted at 14 venues in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Leningrad Region – FSB (updated) 21 June 2016, 14:20
- No jihadist training camps in Ukraine - SBU head (updated) 21 June 2016, 13:39
- Law enforcement officials taking passport details of Church of Scientology members in Moscow 21 June 2016, 13:10
- Searches underway in Moscow and St. Petersburg to suppress unlawful activities of Church of Scientology (updated) 21 June 2016, 10:44
- Religious motive did not confirmed as a version of Nemtsov's murder 20 June 2016, 16:06
- Crete forum not to address Ukrainian issue - Constantinople Patriarchate 20 June 2016, 12:45
- Religious extremists killed in Nalchik 20 June 2016, 12:42
- Ukrainian Church asks president, prosecutors to react to parliamentarians' address to Rada's initiative 17 June 2016, 10:20
- Agenda of the Crete forum is miserable, it can't be called a Council - expert 17 June 2016, 10:01
- Rada's draft on giving autocephaly to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church is doomed to failure - expert 16 June 2016, 16:22