19 November 2013, 15:25
Western juvenile justice to fail in Russia, nontraditional families should be condemned – Astakhov
Moscow, November 19, Interfax - The Western form of juvenile justice will not work in Russia, Russian children's rights commissioner Pavel Astakhov said.
"My principled stance is that the Western style, a virtually bankrupt form of juvenile justice is not viable," Astakhov told reporters on Tuesday.
"It is not viable in Russia because the equality between parents and a child exists, everyone is equal under the law and in the court," the commissioner said.
Protecting the traditional family is an issue of Russia's security, Astakhov said.
"The main front for our country now is the fight for the traditional family, this is the target of the main strike and our children are most vulnerable in this sphere. What will happen to our children and in return to our country depends on us," Astakhov said at the Holiness of Motherhood forum.
"The notion of the family - as any union, of any citizens, of any gender and soon it will be of any number as well - is changing today," the commissioner said.
The notions of mother and father are becoming lost in Europe, though this contradicts the UN convention saying that a child has the right to a mother and father, Astakhov said.
"Politicians and state officials, who support the destruction of [traditional] family, should be pariahs, should be cursed in centuries to come as destroyers of the family and the human race. The so-called freedom of relations does not give the pitiful minority the right to destroy humanity, to rewrite history and to throw our children into chaos," Astakhov said.
Meanwhile, head of the Russian Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information and Mass Communications (Roskomnadzor) Alexander Zharov said at the forum that on November 25 the concept on children's information safety, developed by the agency together with experts, would be submitted for public discussion.
"Our goal is to develop a set of measures to implement this concept at the state level. It concerns almost all branches of the authorities and it contains recommendations for all executive agencies involved in information circulation," Zharov said.
Roskomnadzor monitors over 5,000 mass media outlets daily, detecting several dozen violations of the law on protecting children from harmful information, the official said.
- Crimea does not need sexual minorities - Aksyonov 02 September 2014, 17:56
- Russian school in Bethlehem to strengthen Russian-Palestinian ties - Putin 02 September 2014, 10:01
- In order to come to Russia Dalai Lama must quit politics - Lavrov 28 August 2014, 10:13
- Wahhabism supporters use Internet to campaign for extremism - Kadyrov 26 August 2014, 17:47
- Kadyrov asks clergy to resist early marriages in Chechnya 26 August 2014, 14:58
- Yamalo-Nenets authorities deny violations of Muslims' rights at local prison 26 August 2014, 14:57
- Russian social network VK says Islamic State accounts blocked 26 August 2014, 10:05
- Church burns down in Donetsk as shell hits is - diocese 26 August 2014, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill again calls on UN, Council of Europe, OSCE to help stop fighting in Ukraine 25 August 2014, 17:08
- Ukrainian army deliberately targets orthodox churches - archbishop of Gorlovka 25 August 2014, 16:55
- Pope Francis sends greetings to Ukraine on Independence Day 25 August 2014, 10:17
- Patriarch Kirill asks Poroshenko to stop war, prays for its victims 25 August 2014, 10:16
- Shell damages Donetsk mosque 22 August 2014, 14:20
- Islamists killing of U.S. reporter Foley is barbaric - Moscow 22 August 2014, 11:21
- Historical muftiate revived in Crimea 22 August 2014, 11:09
- Ukrainian shell hits church in central Lugansk 21 August 2014, 16:21
- Clerics bless humanitarian aid sent to Ukraine 21 August 2014, 13:44
- Twice as many churches to be built in Moscow in frames of Program 200 20 August 2014, 13:25
- Church from Moscow Program-200 can be included in world’s five masterpieces of mosaic art 20 August 2014, 13:21
- Patriarch Kirill demands intl protection of Orthodox Christians in Ukraine 20 August 2014, 10:13
- Deputy mufti murder in Vladikavkaz 18 August 2014, 11:42
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church urges gunmen in eastern Ukraine to lay down arms 18 August 2014, 10:06
- Patriarch Kirill: Uniates, schismatics seeking to eradicate Orthodoxy in Ukraine 18 August 2014, 10:05
- Patriarch Kirill sends greetings to Metropolitan Onufry 18 August 2014, 10:03
- Metropolitan Onufry enthroned as primate of Ukrainian Church 18 August 2014, 10:01
- Court suspends Kharkov authorities' resolution giving Russian senator title of Kharkiv freeman for building churches 15 August 2014, 12:50
- N. Korea's missile test-launch not connected with arrival of Pope Francis in Seoul - Pyongyang 15 August 2014, 12:43
- Far-right groups threaten Kiev Region priest with reprisals 15 August 2014, 11:54
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church ready for dialogue with "Kiev Patriarchate", Autocephalous Church 15 August 2014, 11:05
- Production of Kosher food boosts thanks to sanctions 15 August 2014, 10:04