26 November 2013, 14:59
Putin, pontiff compare positions on global affairs - Russian Orthodox Church cleric
Moscow, November 26, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate expects the latest meeting of Russian President Vladimir Putin and Pope Francis to promote the settlement of international problems.
"The meeting was sort of "a comparison of positions" for the purpose of further cooperation between the Russian state and the Church in social and cultural affairs aimed at preserving fundamental moral issues, to protect life and to show respect for the dignity of a person and a family," Secretary of the Synodal Department for External Church Relations for Inter-Christian Relations Archpriest Dimitry Sizonenko said.
The Monday visit of Putin to the Vatican was held against the backdrop of the active development of constructive relations between the Russian Orthodox Church and the Holy See.
"Problems in the Orthodox-Catholic dialogue and the question of a meeting of the [Church] leaders are internal affairs of the Churches. The common concerns of the Church and the Russian state are the peaceful settlement of the Syrian conflict and the priority of moral fundamentals in the life of contemporary society and in international relations," the source said.
In the words of the cleric, "the outstanding success" of Russian diplomats in the promotion of the Syrian peace process is consistent with the aspirations of the Russian Orthodox Church and allows it to start a more active discussion of the problem of persecution and discrimination against Christians on the floors of international organizations - the United Nations, the Council of Europe and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe.
- One more Russian Orthodox metropolitan carries out air procession with cross against coronavirus 02 April 2020, 17:34
- Head of the Byelorussian Orthodox Church to fly along the country’s borders with relics and prayers to stop coronavirus 02 April 2020, 17:32
- About 20 members of Jewish community of Russia hospitalized with coronavirus suspected 02 April 2020, 16:05
- Moscow rabbi recovers from coronavirus 01 April 2020, 17:09
- Patriarch to go around Moscow with icon of Our Lady to rid people of coronavirus 01 April 2020, 13:24
- Patriarch Kirill calls on believers to refrain from visiting churches amid coronavirus pandemic 29 March 2020, 20:09
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12
- Friday prayers cancelled in Moscow's mosques 20 March 2020, 13:33
- Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques 19 March 2020, 19:02
- Russian Orthodox Church does not exclude usage of plastic spoons for Communion 18 March 2020, 16:43
- Chief rabbi of Russia closes his synagogue 18 March 2020, 14:12
- Russian Synod orders increased sanitary measures at all dioceses with coronavirus 18 March 2020, 10:40
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives bomb threat on Tue 18 March 2020, 10:38
- Russian Church introduces exceptional measures for coronavirus prevention 17 March 2020, 19:00
- Leader of Pentecostals considers coronavirus a sign of coming Apocalypse 17 March 2020, 14:46
- Moscow's stance on Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem deals with reinstatement of Russia's property rights - Russian Embassy in Israel 17 March 2020, 11:12