13 January 2014, 13:45
Kalashnikov asked the Patriarch shortly before his death if he is guilty in killing people with his gun
Moscow, January 13, Interfax -Legendary weapons constructor Mikhail Kalashnikov deceased in December wrote a letter to Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and Russia half a year before his death, the Izvestia paper wrote on Monday.
"My soul aches, it is unbearable, I face the same unsolvable question: if my gun killed people, then I, Mikhailo Kalashnikov, ninety three years old, a peasant's son, a Christian and Orthodox believer, is guilty in people's death, even if they were enemies," the edition quotes Kalashnikov's letter.
Besides, his inner emotions, the letter also contains his thoughts about the future of the country and humanity.
"Yes, the number of churches and monasteries grow in our country, but the evil does not decrease! The good and the bad live as neighbors, fight and, what is the most terrific, submit to one another in people's souls - that is what I discovered in the dawn of my earthily life. It is similar to the eternal engine which I wanted to invent in my early years. Light and shadow, good and evil are the opposites of the whole thing and they can't live without each other? Is it possible that the Lord set this order?" the author writes.
The weapons constructor expressed his thoughts about the future of Russian defense industry and the role of the Russian Orthodox Church that according to him "bears holy values of good and mercy to the world."
Head of the patriarchal press-service Protodeacon Alexander Volkov told the paper that "the Patriarch's received Kalashnikov's letter and wrote an answer."
"This letter was very appropriate at the time of attacks against the Church. The Patriarch thanked the legendary constructor for his attention and position and answered that Mikhail Timofeyevich was an example of patriotism and right attitude to the country," Father Alexander said.
He added that as to the constructor's responsibility for people's death, the Church has a very definite position: when the weapons serve to protect the Motherland, the Church supports both his creators and militants who use it.
"He invented this gun to defend his country, not for the Saudi Arabian terrorists," Volkov stressed.
- Beijing: Islamists control regional drug trafficking routes 17 April 2014, 16:27
- Russian people, like Noah, urged not to let the world finally sink in sin, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 16 April 2014, 19:21
- Two chapels and baptistery set on fire in Ulyanovsk region 16 April 2014, 17:47
- Alleged ex-activist of Hizb ut-Tahrir going on trial in Moscow 16 April 2014, 17:11
- Gay parades not permitted in Sevastopol or Simferopol 16 April 2014, 16:59
- Two imams banned from mosque service in Kyrgyzstan 16 April 2014, 15:29
- Kadyrov wants to build a mosque in Sevastopol 16 April 2014, 11:49
- Murderer confessed in his crimes after becoming a believer 15 April 2014, 16:11
- Islamic radicals are unpopular in Crimea - expert 15 April 2014, 11:08
- Putin thanks Russia's chief rabbi for contribution in enhancing inter-confession peace 15 April 2014, 10:00
- About 170 tonnes of matzah made for Passover in Russia 14 April 2014, 10:08
- Two militants suspected killers of Dagestan village imam 14 April 2014, 10:00
- Odessa Diocese secretary moves to Moscow for fear of persecution 11 April 2014, 17:27
- WRPC Human Rights Center supports the idea of criminal proceedings against Gorbachev 11 April 2014, 16:31
- Group of Jehovah's Witnesses followers detained in Uzbekistan 11 April 2014, 14:23
- Roman Abramovich spends half million dollars on Passover celebrations 11 April 2014, 10:08
- Village mosque imam killed in Dagestan 11 April 2014, 10:00
- Russian oligarchs start a pilgrimage across Israeli desert 10 April 2014, 11:39
- Radical Islam followers from Europe, Central Asia fight for Syrian militants - Bortnikov 09 April 2014, 14:03
- Assailants of Dagestan madrasah teacher killed in police operation 09 April 2014, 11:24
- Iraqi Sharia court to try Bryansk pedagogue on earthenware smuggling counts 09 April 2014, 10:59
- Kostroma authorities to appeal court ruling over illegality of gay pride parade ban 09 April 2014, 10:13
- Terrorism, Wahhabism neutralized in Chechnya completely – Kadyrov 09 April 2014, 10:04
- Russian Foundation to deliver Holy Fire from Jerusalem to Crimea 09 April 2014, 10:00
- Priest Grozovsky to be extradited to Russia soon 08 April 2014, 19:45
- Activities of 18 intl religious extremists suppressed in four Russian regions - FSB chief 08 April 2014, 12:30
- Russian prosecutors ask Israel to extradite priest accused of child molestation – sources 07 April 2014, 17:01
- Siberian hermit Agafya Lykova may move from taiga 07 April 2014, 16:50
- Group of Hizb ut-Tahrir propagandists detained in Kyrgyzstan 07 April 2014, 16:18
- Patriarch Kirill compares events in Ukraine to 1917 revolution 07 April 2014, 15:30