03 February 2014, 10:01
Many things happen for the first time under Patriarch Kirill - Metropolitan Hilarion
Moscow, February 3, Interfax - For the five years of leading the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia has realized many new things in history of the patriarchal ministry.
"Many of the things His Holiness the Patriarch is doing have been done for the first time ever. The places he visits are the places first time visited by the Patriarch of Moscow," head of the Synodal Department for External Church Relations Metropolitan Hilarion said at a round table in Moscow.
According to the metropolitan, Patriarch Kirill's visits have never had a protocol character.
"The Patriarch fills each of such visits with real, not protocol contents. It referrers to his conversations with church primates and the help the Russian Orthodox Church extends to the local Churches," he said.
Protodeacon Alexander Volkov, head of the patriarchal press service, believes the most important thing in the Patriarch's ministry are prayers with his people, with his flock. Thus, for 1825 days of his patriarchal ministry he conducted 1132 divine services that in average make a divine service each day and a half.
Head of the Synodal Information Department Vladimir Legoyda noted that during Patriarch Kirill's term as the Primate the Church has been mentioned in the Internet four times as frequent as before. Thus, there were about 5,500 church news a month in 2009 and most of them were referred to Christmas and the Epiphany. For the first month of the current 2014 their number has reached about 20,000 informational messages.
Speaking of Patriarch Kirill, head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin pointed out to his ability to insist on the church position in difficult talks.
"His Holiness insists on the Church's autonomy as far as it refers to her inner order, her faith, her vision, her ability to express opinion on any public issue, its HR policy," Father Vsevolod said.
Patriarch Kirill was elected to the Moscow patriarchal see in 2009, the Russian Orthodox Church celebrates the fifth jubilee of his enthronement on February 1.
- Russian Orthodox Church says Patriarch Kirill of Moscow might meet with Pope Francis, no date, venue planned so far (updated) 06 December 2021, 17:54
- Most Russians say mocking church, national history, customs of other peoples unacceptable – poll 06 December 2021, 12:26
- Matviyenko views push for LGBT agenda, other alien values as unacceptable 06 December 2021, 11:10
- Russian Church believes that Russia's foreign enemies behind anti-vaxxer campaign in country 06 December 2021, 10:08
- Lawyers for defrocked priest Sergy to appeal conviction 30 November 2021, 18:13
- Former schema-hegumen Sergy sentenced to 3.5 years in prison (updated) 30 November 2021, 17:16
- Patriarch Kirill believes that the Kingdom of Heaven is bigger than cosmos 30 November 2021, 11:18
- Jews of Russia against celebrating Hanukkah together with Christmas in mixed families 30 November 2021, 11:12
- The anti-Covid restrictions on Hanukkah in Russia have been slightly relaxed 30 November 2021, 11:02
- Hermitage cat Seraphima goes to work in the Peter and Paul Cathedral 30 November 2021, 10:48
- Patriarch Kirill invited to Kazakhstan to Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions 26 November 2021, 16:18
- Some "missionaries" of an extremist organization banned in the Russia convicted in Saratov 26 November 2021, 16:14
- The head of Belarusian Orthodox Church urged to treat migrants as "aliens" 24 November 2021, 15:39
- Rabbi Lazar concerned that the pandemic sometimes considered a Jewish conspiracy 24 November 2021, 15:33
- Patriarch Kirill describes ecclesiastical split in Ukraine as his personal woe 22 November 2021, 19:33
- Covid-19 pandemic won't last long, but will allow humanity to critically assess its capabilities - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 16:52
- Patriarch Kirill views Russia as leader of free world 22 November 2021, 16:35
- Russian Orthodox Church denies U.S. claims of violations of religious freedom in Russia 22 November 2021, 11:05
- Problem of church schism in Ukraine may be resolved through dialogue - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 11:02
- Putin bestows Order of St. Andrew on Patriarch Kirill, notes highest regard to him in Russia, abroad 22 November 2021, 10:54
- Jehovah's Witnesses elders detained in Russia's Astrakhan Region 18 November 2021, 16:45
- Court in Moscow fines Muz-TV 1 mln rubles for propaganda of homosexuality among minors 17 November 2021, 15:40
- Website of Side by Side festival blocked for forming positive attitude toward LGBT content 17 November 2021, 15:38
- Imam and one more person killed in Dagestani village shooting 12 November 2021, 20:25
- Prosecution service detects justification of terrorism, extremism in materials of Memorial human rights center 12 November 2021, 17:59
- Cell of Nurjular extremist organization, banned in Russia, shut down in Tatarstan 12 November 2021, 17:09
- The Russian synagogues didn't turn off the lights until morning In memory of the Kristallnacht 10 November 2021, 10:14
- Russian PM satisfied with Pope's attitude to Moscow's views on int'l issues 09 November 2021, 21:55
- MP does not rule out eventual genomic registration of all Russians 04 November 2021, 10:29
- Russian Church warns against turning vaccination into factor of national division 02 November 2021, 19:55