03 February 2014, 10:04
Renowned political scientist believes Russian Church is savior of Russia and in future even Europe
Moscow, February 3, Interfax - Renowned Russian political scientist Vitaly Tretyakov believes Russia is not able to survive without the Church.
"The Russian Orthodox Church is one of the main state-forming institutes of Russia as a country, Russians as a nation and Russia as a state. Besides, the Russian Orthodox Church is wider (and sometimes, for instance, today) is much wider than state," Tretyakov writes in his article published by the Kultura paper.
The political scientist confesses that he is not a believer, but at the same time he considers himself "a conscious citizen not only of Russia, but of the Russian Orthodox civilization, which certainly exists and certainly is a foundation of the Russian statehood."
"In this sense, today I believe Vladimir Putin as the head of the Russian state and Patriarch Kirill as the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church are of the same importance. I try to back them up in their rational work for the welfare of Russia and I criticize them for I believe to be their faults and mistakes," the author writes.
According to him, today when the Russian culture decays, when "the Russian language is violently damaged" the Church preserves this language as well as it maintains "fruitful for our dying country institute of family, tradition of reward for justice."
"From those, whom the history, destiny, God's will, or even an intrigue, lifted up to the top of secular and political power, we can put only two or three people alongside with him (with Patriarch Kirill - IF). Even in such simple affair as ability clearly and beautifully, without confusing words and notions, loudly and publicly - addressing people, not at the couloirs and secret cabinet dinners, speak about the most important, about the things that matter for Russia and Russian people," Tretyakov writes.
He urges not to disturb the Russian Church pointing out that Patriarch Kirill "perhaps, almost alone will have to save Christian Europe from falling from the top of the world civilization."
- Russian prosecutors seeking to shut down Church of Last Testament 25 September 2020, 17:34
- Patriarch awards Lavrov the church order of Glory and Honor 23 September 2020, 18:35
- Followers of Church of the Last Testament gave part of their income to sect every month - source 23 September 2020, 18:29
- Two followers in Vissarion's community developed mental disorders - source 23 September 2020, 18:18
- Court arrests 3 leaders of Krasnoyarsk Church of the Last Testament 23 September 2020, 13:07
- Putin bestows Order for Merit to Fatherland, 1st degree on oldest ruling bishop of Russian Orthodox Church 22 September 2020, 17:38
- Berel Lazar invited to Bahrain 22 September 2020, 13:18
- Russian Church wishes Depardieu to stop on Orthodoxy in his spiritual search 21 September 2020, 15:39
- Forty percent of Russia support Lenin reburial, 1 out of every 5 say his body should stay in Mausoleum - poll 18 September 2020, 20:44
- FJCR head views Hasidic pilgrims attempting to enter Ukraine as 'violence against common sense' 18 September 2020, 18:31
- Zelensky's Rosh Hashanah greeting expresses hope for return to normal rhythm of life next year 18 September 2020, 18:26
- No Hasidic pilgrims left on Belarusian-Ukrainian border 18 September 2020, 18:23
- The FJCR calls a huge breakthrough recognition of Israel in the Arab Emirates and Bahrain 18 September 2020, 16:46
- Case opened against 2 Baltic Fleet servicemen who washed shoes in holy spring in Orthodox chapel 18 September 2020, 16:32
- Hasidic pilgrims initially heading to Uman begin leaving Belarusian-Ukrainian border 18 September 2020, 12:15
- Putin notes Russian Jewish community's role in countering Covid-19, in strengthening peace and accord 18 September 2020, 11:17
- Some 1,000 Hasidic pilgrims expecting permission to enter Ukraine from Belarus 17 September 2020, 15:30
- Minsk accuses Kiev of empty rhetoric, urges it to respect rights of Hasidic pilgrims 17 September 2020, 10:39
- Kiev calls on Belarusian authorities to ensure Hasidic pilgrims adhere to quarantine regulations 16 September 2020, 20:27
- Ukraine urges Belarus to stop raising tensions on border, not to make false statements to Hasidic pilgrims (updated) 16 September 2020, 17:18
- Ukraine closes checkpoint on border with Belarus near which Hasidic pilgrims gathering 16 September 2020, 15:35
- Ukraine unable to let in additional numbers of Hasidic pilgrims due to current situation - Foreign Ministry 16 September 2020, 10:45
- Minsk seeks to agree with Ukraine on green corridor for Hasidic pilgrims 16 September 2020, 10:43
- Pope of Rome to consider possibility of visiting Belarus 16 September 2020, 10:42
- Vatican insists on Archbishop Kondrusiewicz's return to Belarus 16 September 2020, 10:40
- Tents set up for Hasidic pilgrims gathering on Belarus' border with Ukraine 15 September 2020, 20:00
- Archbishop Kondrusiewicz deprived of Belarusian passport, not citizenship 15 September 2020, 18:45
- Ukraine asks Belarus not to allow Hasidic pilgrims gathering at border to cross it 15 September 2020, 18:20
- Man brought down from roof of Alexander Nevsky Monastery in St. Petersburg 14 September 2020, 19:02
- Man on roof of St. Petersburg's Alexander Nevsky Monastery for over ten hours refused to come down 14 September 2020, 15:23