19 March 2014, 12:58
Crimea's joining to Russia is a victory over "vicious circle of historical absurd," Archimandrite Tikhon (Shevkunov) believes
Moscow, March 19, Interfax - Secretary of the Patriarchal Council on Culture Archimandrite Tikhon (Shevkunov) considers Crimea's inclusion in Russia a restoration of historical justice.
"It is a victory over the vicious circle of historical absurd in which our people were involved," Father Tikhon said on air the special edition of the Sunday Evening program at Rossiya-1 TV.
The priest stressed that day "was in no way a victory over Ukraine."
He believes it important that we managed to preserve the unity of canonical Russian Church in the territory of former USSR and "it would be tested for durability."
"The difficult period comes as children of the Russian Orthodox Church were on both sides of Maidan. Let's look the truth in the eyes," Father Tikhon said.
According to his information, locum tenant of the Kiev Metropolitan See Metropolitan Onufry of Chernovtsy and Bukovina comes to today's session of the Holy Synod of the Russian Church in Moscow.
The Church official said that "very difficult and very important decisions would be taken there," and what is the most important Russian state should secure non-intervention in church affairs.
He also said it is not by chance that Crimea joined Russia on the day of finding relics of St. Luka (Voyno-Yasenetsky), the Crimean Archbishop, whose main goal was standing for truth, "in spite of the pressure, sufferings."
- Several Jehovah's Witnesses leaders detained in Russia - Investigative Committee 24 November 2020, 11:39
- Court fines Pussy Riot member Nikulshina for event in support of LGBT in Moscow 23 November 2020, 13:35
- There's some progress in Alexander Metochion issue - Israeli ambassador to Russia 23 November 2020, 10:00
- Putin urges preservation of historic sites, sacred religious places in Karabakh conflict zone 20 November 2020, 19:55
- Patriarch Kirill ceases liturgical commemoration of archbishop of Cyprus for backing schism in Ukraine 20 November 2020, 17:47
- Putin offers condolences to president of Serbia on death of Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 17:35
- Russian Orthodox Church mourns death of Serbian Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 13:05
- Metropolitan of Tatarstan dies of Covid-19 <>(updated) 20 November 2020, 11:37
- Armenian church leader thanks Putin for preserving Armenian cultural heritage in Karabakh 20 November 2020, 10:58
- Russian Orthodox Church denies Serbian Patriarch Irinej deceased 19 November 2020, 17:40
- Free visits may be arranged for believers to ancient Christian monastery in northern Karabakh - Russian military 16 November 2020, 17:34
- Karabakh archbishop hospitalized after heart attack 16 November 2020, 14:23
- Putin calls for preserving churches in the transferred territories of Karabakh 16 November 2020, 11:23
- Azerbaijanis desecrated cathedral in Shushi - Armenian Church 16 November 2020, 11:11
- Metropolitan Hilarion speaks of risks of start of third world war 16 November 2020, 11:09
- Russian Orthodox Church expects Biden to stop supporting abortion, sex change operations 16 November 2020, 10:49
- Spiritual Muslim Board of Russia denies existence of overwhelming support for ban on marrying non-Muslim women 11 November 2020, 19:21
- Novosibirsk court outlaws Khakassia branch of Chinese sect Falun Gong for first time in Russia 10 November 2020, 15:32
- Coronavirus-induced self-isolation helps reduce ethnic and religious violence - human rights activist 10 November 2020, 10:23
- Moscow religious organizations have weak influence on local migrants - mufti 10 November 2020, 10:21
- Performance artist posing as Christ detained near FSB headquarters in Moscow 06 November 2020, 10:25
- Putin said inadmissible to hurt feelings of believers, to allow extremism - Peskov 05 November 2020, 13:29
- Russian Orthodox Church warns against danger of unsanctioned exorcism 05 November 2020, 10:40
- Patriarch Kirill mourns over victims of Vienna terrorist attack 05 November 2020, 10:38
- Inter-ethnic relations situation exacerbated in several countries, Russia must not allow this - Putin 05 November 2020, 10:37
- Putin backs idea of int'l ban on insulting religious feelings 05 November 2020, 10:33
- Russia's Chief Rabbi Lazar opposed to phrase 'Islamic terrorism' 03 November 2020, 19:00
- Freedom of speech mustn't hurt religious feelings - Russia's Matviyenko 03 November 2020, 18:27
- Lukashenko calls on Catholic Church to play constructive role in Belarus 03 November 2020, 15:56
- Expert on Islam calls the terrorist attack in Vienna an echo of the caricature scandal in France 03 November 2020, 13:00