21 July 2014, 13:32
Patriarch Kirill is concerned with attempts to legally destroy human morality
Moscow, July 21, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia believes it necessary not to allow undermining foundations of public morality.
"Today we live in the world when, unfortunately, for the first time in history of human civilization steps to legally destroy moral foundation of human life are taken," he said last Friday at the meeting held among representatives of Orthodox Churches and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
According to the patriarch, Russia and other Orthodox countries do not share this tendency.
"We oppose it as we realize crucial meaning of moral foundation in life of a person and human civilization. If this foundation is destroyed, human world will also be destroyed," the primate of the Russian Church is sure.
In his turn, head of the delegation of the Jerusalem Orthodox Church Metropolitan Timotheos of Botsra (Patriarch Kirill said he was his disciple in the Leningrad Theological Academy) stressed that Russia has always been considered a protector of holy places and Christians of the Middle East in the Holy Land.
"Today, these hopes are a reality, Russia in person of the President and the Patriarch of the Russian Church support the Jerusalem Patriarchate. We have recently received great help in restoration of the ancient historical church of the Nativity of Christ. There, we will always pray for Russia to strengthen," the metropolitan said.
According to him, people in the region look at Russia as "the protector of moral foundations," and are especially thankful to its state leaders.
Patriarch Kirill, according to the hierarch of the Jerusalem Patriarchate, understands the problems of all world's Orthodox Churches and extend them help.
Head of the delegation of the Antioch Patriarchate Metropolitan Elias of Tyre and Sidon expressed gratitude to Russian leaders and hierarchs. According to him, the Russian President cares for the peace in Palestine, Syria, Iraq, and Iran - in the whole Middle East."
He rejoices that the Orthodox believer heads Russia, stressing that "the most important for Orthodox faith are spiritual values in life."
- Released Lugansk priest claims pilot Savchenko suggested to divide them to organs 17 September 2014, 10:22
- Ukrainian bishop believes the country's authorities Satanic 16 September 2014, 12:15
- Two Hizb ut-Tahrir activists detained in Kyrgyzstan 16 September 2014, 11:42
- War against Islamic State promises benefit to Russia - religious expert 16 September 2014, 11:33
- The Ukrainian church official accuses the country's authorities in eliminating their own people 15 September 2014, 16:28
- Russian Foreign Ministry calls a "mockery of common sense" discharge of the Femen activists for their action in Notre Dame de Paris 15 September 2014, 14:22
- Supporters of so-called Kiev Patriarchate attempt to take over church near Kiev 15 September 2014, 11:53
- Three Tajik Islamists sentenced to imprisonment in Khabarovsk Territory 15 September 2014, 10:50
- Rabbi Kogan urges to respond to Western sanctions with a baby boom 12 September 2014, 11:04
- Rabbi Lazar opens a hockey match between renowned sportsmen and the Jewish community team 12 September 2014, 10:20
- Greek-Catholic priest urges to eliminate militiamen 11 September 2014, 16:40
- Putin lights candles for "defenders of Novorossiya" in Moscow church 11 September 2014, 13:44
- Austrian MP condemns USA in attempts to blow up traditional European values 11 September 2014, 13:28
- ISIS has 100,000 fighters, including Western, Russian citizens - expert 10 September 2014, 12:51
- U.S. report on religious freedom in Uzbekistan biased - Tashkent 09 September 2014, 14:51
- Idea of Russian World not means of enslaving Ukraine - Patriarch Kirill 08 September 2014, 16:13
- Russia, Ukraine, Belarus linked with invincible spiritual bonds - Patriarch Kirill 08 September 2014, 10:00
- ISIL Islamists threaten not just Russia but to all Europe - Margelov 04 September 2014, 10:01
- Over 200 fake passports seized from Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan in Moscow 04 September 2014, 10:01
- Crimea does not need sexual minorities - Aksyonov 02 September 2014, 17:56
- Russian school in Bethlehem to strengthen Russian-Palestinian ties - Putin 02 September 2014, 10:01
- In order to come to Russia Dalai Lama must quit politics - Lavrov 28 August 2014, 10:13
- Wahhabism supporters use Internet to campaign for extremism - Kadyrov 26 August 2014, 17:47
- Kadyrov asks clergy to resist early marriages in Chechnya 26 August 2014, 14:58
- Yamalo-Nenets authorities deny violations of Muslims' rights at local prison 26 August 2014, 14:57
- Russian social network VK says Islamic State accounts blocked 26 August 2014, 10:05
- Church burns down in Donetsk as shell hits is - diocese 26 August 2014, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill again calls on UN, Council of Europe, OSCE to help stop fighting in Ukraine 25 August 2014, 17:08
- Ukrainian army deliberately targets orthodox churches - archbishop of Gorlovka 25 August 2014, 16:55
- Pope Francis sends greetings to Ukraine on Independence Day 25 August 2014, 10:17