21 July 2014, 13:32
Patriarch Kirill is concerned with attempts to legally destroy human morality
Moscow, July 21, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia believes it necessary not to allow undermining foundations of public morality.
"Today we live in the world when, unfortunately, for the first time in history of human civilization steps to legally destroy moral foundation of human life are taken," he said last Friday at the meeting held among representatives of Orthodox Churches and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
According to the patriarch, Russia and other Orthodox countries do not share this tendency.
"We oppose it as we realize crucial meaning of moral foundation in life of a person and human civilization. If this foundation is destroyed, human world will also be destroyed," the primate of the Russian Church is sure.
In his turn, head of the delegation of the Jerusalem Orthodox Church Metropolitan Timotheos of Botsra (Patriarch Kirill said he was his disciple in the Leningrad Theological Academy) stressed that Russia has always been considered a protector of holy places and Christians of the Middle East in the Holy Land.
"Today, these hopes are a reality, Russia in person of the President and the Patriarch of the Russian Church support the Jerusalem Patriarchate. We have recently received great help in restoration of the ancient historical church of the Nativity of Christ. There, we will always pray for Russia to strengthen," the metropolitan said.
According to him, people in the region look at Russia as "the protector of moral foundations," and are especially thankful to its state leaders.
Patriarch Kirill, according to the hierarch of the Jerusalem Patriarchate, understands the problems of all world's Orthodox Churches and extend them help.
Head of the delegation of the Antioch Patriarchate Metropolitan Elias of Tyre and Sidon expressed gratitude to Russian leaders and hierarchs. According to him, the Russian President cares for the peace in Palestine, Syria, Iraq, and Iran - in the whole Middle East."
He rejoices that the Orthodox believer heads Russia, stressing that "the most important for Orthodox faith are spiritual values in life."
- Lavrov meets with Orthodox monastery abbess in Guatemala 27 March 2015, 10:46
- Pilot Savchenko’s files contain information about torturing a priest 26 March 2015, 19:25
- Kolomoisky's resignation is the sign of Ukraine's growing dependence on the West, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 26 March 2015, 18:26
- Russians trained by ISIL may be used against home country 26 March 2015, 15:08
- Kyrgyzstan outlaws Islamic State 25 March 2015, 15:36
- Chechen leader, Jordanian king discuss fight against IS 25 March 2015, 10:00
- Moscow Patriarchate priest assaulted in west Ukraine 24 March 2015, 10:00
- Ukrainians trust Church the most - poll 23 March 2015, 17:22
- Over 5,000 mercenaries from CIS fight on ISIS side - expert 23 March 2015, 16:15
- Schoolchildren from Turkey, Italy, Egypt to discuss fight against religious extremism in St. Petersburg 23 March 2015, 12:57
- Uzbekistan worried about ISIL activity near its borders 23 March 2015, 12:19
- Patriarch Kirill awards Lavrov 23 March 2015, 11:28
- Chubais doubts Nemtsov murder motivated by religious hatred 23 March 2015, 10:15
- IS recruiters targeting North Caucasus students - envoy Melikov 23 March 2015, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about legalization of same-sex "marriage", abortion issue, and secularism in Europe 20 March 2015, 17:35
- The Russian Church conveys twenty five tones of humanitarian help to Donbass residents 20 March 2015, 14:41
- Another Moscow Patriarchate church seized in Ukraine 20 March 2015, 10:00
- Leader of women's wing of Hizb ut-Tahrir detained, arms cache discovered in south Kyrgyzstan 19 March 2015, 10:02
- Head of the Russian State Archive suggests to exhume remains of the tzar family to examine them again 18 March 2015, 16:28
- Russian Central Muslim Board urges artists to be more delicate about believers' feelings 16 March 2015, 14:57
- Russia is urged to revive Christianity in Europe - Patriarch Kirill 16 March 2015, 14:21
- Fire in Novodevichy Convent bell tower did not damage building 16 March 2015, 13:42
- Tannhauser opera staged in Novosibirsk desecrates Christian symbols - Mufti of Moscow 13 March 2015, 18:44
- Patriarch Kirill tried the role of a schoolboy at the Moscow Region Gymnasium 13 March 2015, 17:14
- Fire in bell tower of Nizhny Novgorod cathedral extinguished 12 March 2015, 17:42
- Church to help mortgage debtors settle their problems and asks authorities not to leave them in the lurch 12 March 2015, 16:53
- Russia to import halal meat to Arab countries 12 March 2015, 13:25
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral burning in Nizhny Novgorod 12 March 2015, 12:54
- Famous Uzbek Islamic theologian dies in gym 12 March 2015, 10:26
- Court drops case against Novosibirsk opera theater director 12 March 2015, 10:07