21 July 2014, 13:32
Patriarch Kirill is concerned with attempts to legally destroy human morality
Moscow, July 21, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia believes it necessary not to allow undermining foundations of public morality.
"Today we live in the world when, unfortunately, for the first time in history of human civilization steps to legally destroy moral foundation of human life are taken," he said last Friday at the meeting held among representatives of Orthodox Churches and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
According to the patriarch, Russia and other Orthodox countries do not share this tendency.
"We oppose it as we realize crucial meaning of moral foundation in life of a person and human civilization. If this foundation is destroyed, human world will also be destroyed," the primate of the Russian Church is sure.
In his turn, head of the delegation of the Jerusalem Orthodox Church Metropolitan Timotheos of Botsra (Patriarch Kirill said he was his disciple in the Leningrad Theological Academy) stressed that Russia has always been considered a protector of holy places and Christians of the Middle East in the Holy Land.
"Today, these hopes are a reality, Russia in person of the President and the Patriarch of the Russian Church support the Jerusalem Patriarchate. We have recently received great help in restoration of the ancient historical church of the Nativity of Christ. There, we will always pray for Russia to strengthen," the metropolitan said.
According to him, people in the region look at Russia as "the protector of moral foundations," and are especially thankful to its state leaders.
Patriarch Kirill, according to the hierarch of the Jerusalem Patriarchate, understands the problems of all world's Orthodox Churches and extend them help.
Head of the delegation of the Antioch Patriarchate Metropolitan Elias of Tyre and Sidon expressed gratitude to Russian leaders and hierarchs. According to him, the Russian President cares for the peace in Palestine, Syria, Iraq, and Iran - in the whole Middle East."
He rejoices that the Orthodox believer heads Russia, stressing that "the most important for Orthodox faith are spiritual values in life."
- Police bust female extremist cell in southern Kyrgyzstan 27 January 2015, 17:54
- Church set on fire in Kiev 27 January 2015, 16:19
- Russia calls for inquiry into Babi Yar church arson 27 January 2015, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill condemns cartoons of Prophet Muhammad 26 January 2015, 18:45
- Over two thirds of Russians aware of Charlie Hebdo attack - poll 26 January 2015, 17:08
- Church torched in Babi Yar 26 January 2015, 16:40
- Some 3,000 strong protest in Jalal-Abad against Muhammad caricatures 26 January 2015, 14:47
- Roskomnadzor issues warning to newspaper RBC for publishing images offensive to Muslims 26 January 2015, 12:10
- Peskov would like "Leviathan" movie to be released in Russia 26 January 2015, 10:06
- Duma calls on journalists not to incite religious hatred 26 January 2015, 10:05
- Warsaw's stance insults memory of Auschwitz liberators - FJCR head 23 January 2015, 13:17
- Russia could be one of world's last civilizations - Church official 23 January 2015, 10:16
- Dagestan leader slams insults to Muslims' religious feelings 23 January 2015, 10:05
- Russia needs to revive Soviet-era sense of solidarity - Patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:11
- Russian political parties must not destroy basic values - patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:01
- Russian bishop blasts child euthanasia, abortions 22 January 2015, 18:13
- Lavrov considers caricatures on religious topics tasteless 22 January 2015, 10:44
- Church will support fight against nationalism and Nazism - Patriarch 22 January 2015, 10:19
- U.S., French, Israeli flags burned during Baku protest against Muhammad cartoons 21 January 2015, 18:37
- Russian Church expresses solidarity with Muslims who protested in Grozny 21 January 2015, 10:03
- Bishkek rally demands ban on Prophet Muhammad cartoons 20 January 2015, 13:53
- Israeli court orders priest Grozovsky extradition to Russia, defense planning to appeal 19 January 2015, 18:02
- Body of Georgian priest killed in fire on Norman Atlantic ferry taken to Georgia 19 January 2015, 17:00
- Over 1 million people take part in rally protesting cartoons of Prophet Muhammad held in Grozny 19 January 2015, 14:50
- Moscow Muslims see no sense in holding anti-caricature protest 19 January 2015, 10:08
- Russian lawmaker wants budget funding recovered from Leviathan film director 19 January 2015, 10:05
- Georgian Orthodox Church condemns Prophet Muhammad caricatures 19 January 2015, 10:04
- Some 15,000 rally in Ingushetia against cartoons of Prophet Muhammad 19 January 2015, 10:03
- Moscow officials reject application to hold demo against religious insults 19 January 2015, 10:01
- Foreign Ministry: Over 800 of Russians fighting for ISIL 16 January 2015, 17:43