21 July 2014, 13:32
Patriarch Kirill is concerned with attempts to legally destroy human morality
Moscow, July 21, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia believes it necessary not to allow undermining foundations of public morality.
"Today we live in the world when, unfortunately, for the first time in history of human civilization steps to legally destroy moral foundation of human life are taken," he said last Friday at the meeting held among representatives of Orthodox Churches and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
According to the patriarch, Russia and other Orthodox countries do not share this tendency.
"We oppose it as we realize crucial meaning of moral foundation in life of a person and human civilization. If this foundation is destroyed, human world will also be destroyed," the primate of the Russian Church is sure.
In his turn, head of the delegation of the Jerusalem Orthodox Church Metropolitan Timotheos of Botsra (Patriarch Kirill said he was his disciple in the Leningrad Theological Academy) stressed that Russia has always been considered a protector of holy places and Christians of the Middle East in the Holy Land.
"Today, these hopes are a reality, Russia in person of the President and the Patriarch of the Russian Church support the Jerusalem Patriarchate. We have recently received great help in restoration of the ancient historical church of the Nativity of Christ. There, we will always pray for Russia to strengthen," the metropolitan said.
According to him, people in the region look at Russia as "the protector of moral foundations," and are especially thankful to its state leaders.
Patriarch Kirill, according to the hierarch of the Jerusalem Patriarchate, understands the problems of all world's Orthodox Churches and extend them help.
Head of the delegation of the Antioch Patriarchate Metropolitan Elias of Tyre and Sidon expressed gratitude to Russian leaders and hierarchs. According to him, the Russian President cares for the peace in Palestine, Syria, Iraq, and Iran - in the whole Middle East."
He rejoices that the Orthodox believer heads Russia, stressing that "the most important for Orthodox faith are spiritual values in life."
- Patriarch Kirill prays 'for healing of wounds of Russian immigration' at Sainte-Genevieve-des-Bois Cemetery 06 December 2016, 15:17
- Patriarch Kirill wishes for Russia, France to develop allied relations amid current political challenges 06 December 2016, 12:17
- Patriarch Kirill, Archbishop of Paris discuss erosion of Christian values in Europe 05 December 2016, 18:20
- Hollande, Patriarch Kirill discuss protection of Christians in Middle East, Ukraine crisis 05 December 2016, 16:16
- Patriarch Kirill meets with French president 05 December 2016, 13:55
- ISIL cell leader involved in murdering imams eliminated in Makhachkala 05 December 2016, 13:39
- Patriarch Kirill calls on compatriots abroad not to cut spiritual, cultural ties with motherland 05 December 2016, 10:01
- Islamist with improvised bombs detained in Bishkek 02 December 2016, 18:33
- Azerbaijani president concerned by confrontation in Muslim world 02 December 2016, 18:28
- Russian Orthodox Church sees care for people in presidential Address 02 December 2016, 13:51
- Old curse was broken when the Cathedral of Christ the Savior was built in Moscow 01 December 2016, 16:12
- Rabbi Lazar believes Russians give example of love and kindness 01 December 2016, 15:11
- Leading Syrian theologian supported a legal ban on Wahhabism 01 December 2016, 14:48
- Latvia's entry ban on Kurayev another Russophobic gesture - Russian Foreign Ministry 01 December 2016, 11:29
- Jewish community of Russia intercedes for Tatiana Navka 29 November 2016, 18:21
- Mufti of Ukraine is afraid that the country will be turned in ISIS territory 28 November 2016, 17:02
- Patriarch Kirill calls Fidel Castro a sincere friend of the Russian Church 28 November 2016, 12:43
- Latvia's entry ban for Protodeacon Kurayev "beyond comprehension" - Russian embassy 28 November 2016, 11:50
- Turkey does not recognize the Kiev Muslim Board of Crimea 25 November 2016, 18:29
- Patriarch Kirill to consecrate church of Russian spiritual-cultural center in Paris 25 November 2016, 18:20
- Russians mostly confide in the president, army and Church 25 November 2016, 13:25
- European Parliament names Russian religious organizations instruments of external propaganda 23 November 2016, 19:55
- Six million Christians emigrated from Middle East over past 100 years – expert 23 November 2016, 16:02
- U.S. Orthodox believers expect Trump will develop good relations with Russia 23 November 2016, 11:43
- Patriarch Kirill to President Putin: we have built supporting structure for state-church relationship 23 November 2016, 11:00
- Russian Orthodox Church one of main spiritual pylons of Russian statehood - Putin 23 November 2016, 10:45
- Putin notes Patriarch Kirill's important contribution into joint work of church, state 23 November 2016, 10:40
- Putin, Medvedev visit Christ the Savior Cathedral to offer birthday congratulations to patriarch 23 November 2016, 10:30
- Patriarch Kirill receives piece of Francis of Assisi relics as birthday gift from Pope 23 November 2016, 10:25
- Group of Catholics in Argentine decide to covert in Orthodoxy after Patriarch Kirill's sermon 22 November 2016, 18:58