31 July 2014, 13:19
Situation with freedom of conscience deteriorates in the USA, the Russian Foreign Ministry official believes
Moscow, July 31, Interfax - The Russian Foreign Ministry calls politicized the recent International Religious Freedom Report by the US State Department and points out to the corresponding problems in the USA.
"We would like to stress the continuous jaundice and politicized character of the American side when preparing human rights documents. We are convinced that objectiveness of the US State Department product will cause natural doubts in a number of countries," the Russian Foreign Ministry's Commissioner for Human Rights, Democracy and the Rule of Law Konstantin Dolgov says in his commentaries posted at the Ministry's official website.
According to the commissioner, "Washington still refuses to see that grand and consistent work has been carried out in our country to secure peaceful constructive co-existence of all traditional religions represented in the territory of the Russian Federation."
Dolgov says that the report points out to the Federal Law on opposing religious insults of citizens as an example of suppressing corresponding rights of Russians. He calls it "a clumsy attempt to reverse the question," and notes that this law aims at opposing violations of citizens' rights.
"If we speak about real problems in securing the freedom of conscience and religious freedom in the world we would like to confirm serious concerns of the international human rights community about degrading situation in the field in the USA," the commentary reads.
Referring to the information provided by profile NGOs in the USA, he says that there are over 30 organizations in the USA promoting the theory of "Islamic conspiracy" in the USA.
"American sociologists believe that 15-20 per cent of the USA population can be considered ardent xenophobes. The same number of Americans believe that Islam believers should not work in the government. According to the American FBI information, 80 per cent of the crimes committed in the country are motivated by racial, religious or national hatred," Dolgov said.
- Website of Russian Dept for External Church Relations hacked 20 October 2021, 18:07
- The Internet is able to cross out everything that the school gives - Patriarch Kirill 20 October 2021, 10:04
- Five supporters of the caliphate were detained in Karachay-Cherkessia 20 October 2021, 10:00
- School student detained for shooting in Perm Territory shouted that he was guided by the 'God's instructions' 18 October 2021, 12:34
- Patriarch Kirill's meeting with Pope not under preparation yet - Metropolitan Hilarion 18 October 2021, 10:19
- Russian Church Bishops' Council postponed until May 2022 due to coronavirus 15 October 2021, 18:20
- Patriarch Kirill considered the preservation of Russia after the twists and turns of the 20th century a miracle 14 October 2021, 17:29
- War in Nagorno-Karabakh in fall 2020 didn't solve conflict - Catholicos of All Armenians 13 October 2021, 19:21
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Azerbaijan, Armenia to avoid language of hatred 13 October 2021, 19:19
- Patriarch Kirill hopes Armenia, Azerbaijan religious leaders can influence minds of conflicting parties in Karabakh 13 October 2021, 14:16
- Religious summit on Karabakh settlement is on in Moscow 13 October 2021, 13:57
- Taliban govt's recognition to depend on situation surrounding Afghan women's rights – Matviyenko 12 October 2021, 19:22
- Vatican to open embassy in Armenia 12 October 2021, 10:00
- Religious leaders of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia to meet in Moscow 11 October 2021, 12:39
- Rabbi Lazar wishes Putin to live up to 120 years 08 October 2021, 15:10
- Court in St. Petersburg fines man for justifying terror attack in New Zealand 08 October 2021, 14:54
- Catholicos-Patriarch of Georgia asks Saakashvili to stop hunger strike 07 October 2021, 19:17
- Twice as many people killed in Babi Yar massacre than named at Nuremberg Trials – Zelensky 07 October 2021, 10:44
- House of Romanov says military's attendance at wedding ceremony in St. Petersburg agreed upon 07 October 2021, 10:00
- Risks of creation of new terrorist caliphates declining worldwide - Russian Security Council 06 October 2021, 18:27
- Office of Iranian Supreme Leader's representative in Baku mosque closed 06 October 2021, 12:21
- Names of first 159 Nazi soldiers who killed Jews in Babi Yar in 1941 made public 06 October 2021, 12:10
- A cell of the caliphate's supporters has been liquidated in Moscow and the Moscow Region 04 October 2021, 10:20
- America's L. Ron Hubbard Library, WISE Int. added to Russian register of undesirable organizations 04 October 2021, 10:16
- Romanov, Bettarini tie knot at St. Isaac's Cathedral 01 October 2021, 19:19
- Putin not planning to attend wedding of heir to Romanovs – Peskov 01 October 2021, 15:23
- Jewish Film Festival in Moscow dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the beginning of the Babi Yar shootings 01 October 2021, 09:03
- A blogger who took a provocative photo at St. Basil's Cathedral detained in Moscow 01 October 2021, 08:53
- Investigators charge former Ural schema-hegumen with fanning hatred 30 September 2021, 10:32
- Belarus intends to hold separate referendum on death penalty 28 September 2021, 20:09