31 July 2014, 13:19
Situation with freedom of conscience deteriorates in the USA, the Russian Foreign Ministry official believes
Moscow, July 31, Interfax - The Russian Foreign Ministry calls politicized the recent International Religious Freedom Report by the US State Department and points out to the corresponding problems in the USA.
"We would like to stress the continuous jaundice and politicized character of the American side when preparing human rights documents. We are convinced that objectiveness of the US State Department product will cause natural doubts in a number of countries," the Russian Foreign Ministry's Commissioner for Human Rights, Democracy and the Rule of Law Konstantin Dolgov says in his commentaries posted at the Ministry's official website.
According to the commissioner, "Washington still refuses to see that grand and consistent work has been carried out in our country to secure peaceful constructive co-existence of all traditional religions represented in the territory of the Russian Federation."
Dolgov says that the report points out to the Federal Law on opposing religious insults of citizens as an example of suppressing corresponding rights of Russians. He calls it "a clumsy attempt to reverse the question," and notes that this law aims at opposing violations of citizens' rights.
"If we speak about real problems in securing the freedom of conscience and religious freedom in the world we would like to confirm serious concerns of the international human rights community about degrading situation in the field in the USA," the commentary reads.
Referring to the information provided by profile NGOs in the USA, he says that there are over 30 organizations in the USA promoting the theory of "Islamic conspiracy" in the USA.
"American sociologists believe that 15-20 per cent of the USA population can be considered ardent xenophobes. The same number of Americans believe that Islam believers should not work in the government. According to the American FBI information, 80 per cent of the crimes committed in the country are motivated by racial, religious or national hatred," Dolgov said.
- Zelensky urges clerics to back Ukraine's initiatives in run-up to Normandy-format summit 05 December 2019, 13:54
- Saint Isaac's Cathedral and 5 other churchs in St. Petersburg received bomb threats 05 December 2019, 13:52
- Serbian president invites Putin to attend opening of St. Sava Cathedral in Belgrade 04 December 2019, 19:35
- Moscow's Christ the Savior Cathedral alerted to bomb threat 03 December 2019, 20:55
- One year on OCU defectors account for less than 1% of our parishes - UOC 03 December 2019, 18:46
- Moscow Jewish Museum to break stereotypes - director 03 December 2019, 17:26
- FSB reports detention of 9 Hizb ut-Tahrir members recruited Muslims 03 December 2019, 14:12
- Russian Bishops' Council to assess global Orthodox situation in near future 02 December 2019, 20:27
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church calls for end of infowar between Ukraine, Russia 02 December 2019, 18:45
- Russian Patriarch Kirill invited to Estonia by country's Lutheran leader 29 November 2019, 18:31
- Moscow court arrests U.S. rabbi in absentia in Schneerson library case 29 November 2019, 13:56
- Putin notes importance of coordination with OIC in countering threats 29 November 2019, 12:04
- Abortion rate in Russia declines considerably in past 18 years 28 November 2019, 19:06
- Patriarch of Alexandria sends kisses to head of OCU 28 November 2019, 18:29
- FJCR sees plans to arrest U.S. rabbi in Schneerson library case as absurd 28 November 2019, 17:23
- Bulgarian Church takes step toward recognizing OCU 28 November 2019, 17:21
- Ukraine has seen no attacks motivated by anti-Semitism in past 3 years - Association of Jewish Communities 27 November 2019, 17:18
- ROCOR to build new church in U.S 27 November 2019, 17:17
- Orthodox priest in Russia's Jewish Autonomous Region suspected of child molestation 26 November 2019, 14:25
- Georgian patriarch, foreign ambassadors discuss detention of doctor Gaprindashvili in S. Ossetia 26 November 2019, 10:07
- Interreligious Council of Russia calls on int'l community to restore Middle East's holy sites 25 November 2019, 20:28
- Sholem Aleichem monument vandalized near synagogue in Kiev 25 November 2019, 18:46
- Russian parliament, govt agree that extra measures needed to fight domestic violence - Matviyenko 25 November 2019, 16:06
- Russian Orthodox Church cautions against combating domestic violence with Western methods 25 November 2019, 16:05
- Patriarch Kirill suspends operation of Alexandria Patriarchate's Moscow mission 25 November 2019, 11:35
- Meeting between heads of Churches important in crisis in inter-Orthodox relations - Metropolitan Hilarion 22 November 2019, 15:41
- Russian Orthodox Church welcomes Jerusalem patriarch's proposal of Church leaders' meeting to settle differences 21 November 2019, 20:50
- Patriarch of Jerusalem awarded for strengthening Orthodox Christian unity 21 November 2019, 20:47
- Patriarch of Jerusalem initiates meeting of heads of local churches in Amman with view to preserving church unity 21 November 2019, 17:22
- Putin stresses importance of joint efforts to protect Christians in Middle East 20 November 2019, 21:09