31 July 2014, 13:19
Situation with freedom of conscience deteriorates in the USA, the Russian Foreign Ministry official believes
Moscow, July 31, Interfax - The Russian Foreign Ministry calls politicized the recent International Religious Freedom Report by the US State Department and points out to the corresponding problems in the USA.
"We would like to stress the continuous jaundice and politicized character of the American side when preparing human rights documents. We are convinced that objectiveness of the US State Department product will cause natural doubts in a number of countries," the Russian Foreign Ministry's Commissioner for Human Rights, Democracy and the Rule of Law Konstantin Dolgov says in his commentaries posted at the Ministry's official website.
According to the commissioner, "Washington still refuses to see that grand and consistent work has been carried out in our country to secure peaceful constructive co-existence of all traditional religions represented in the territory of the Russian Federation."
Dolgov says that the report points out to the Federal Law on opposing religious insults of citizens as an example of suppressing corresponding rights of Russians. He calls it "a clumsy attempt to reverse the question," and notes that this law aims at opposing violations of citizens' rights.
"If we speak about real problems in securing the freedom of conscience and religious freedom in the world we would like to confirm serious concerns of the international human rights community about degrading situation in the field in the USA," the commentary reads.
Referring to the information provided by profile NGOs in the USA, he says that there are over 30 organizations in the USA promoting the theory of "Islamic conspiracy" in the USA.
"American sociologists believe that 15-20 per cent of the USA population can be considered ardent xenophobes. The same number of Americans believe that Islam believers should not work in the government. According to the American FBI information, 80 per cent of the crimes committed in the country are motivated by racial, religious or national hatred," Dolgov said.
- Kremlin not commenting on end of discussion about monument on Lubyanskaya Square - Peskov 01 March 2021, 14:19
- Moscow Mayor Sobyanin proposes to leave Lubyanskaya Square as it is for now 26 February 2021, 22:42
- Acting leader of Abkhazian Diocese is member of Georgian Church - Georgian Patriarchate 26 February 2021, 17:44
- Search underway on premises of Sredneuralsky Convent 26 February 2021, 17:41
- Defrocked priest Sergy's pretrial detention extended until end of spring 26 February 2021, 10:00
- Armenian Apostolic Church urges politicians to start talks 25 February 2021, 15:04
- Omsk resident fined 375,000 rubles for excusing terror attack in New Zealand 25 February 2021, 11:48
- Yakutian shaman Gabyshev charged with violence against police officer 25 February 2021, 10:45
- Meeting between Russian patriarch, Pope doesn't improve Christians' position in Middle East contrary to expectations - Metropolitan Hilarion 24 February 2021, 10:00
- Muscovites will choose between monuments to Dzerzhinsky, Alexander Nevsky on Lubyanka Square 20 February 2021, 10:03
- Former schema-monk Sergy admits giving bribe amounting to 'millions of dollars' 18 February 2021, 16:30
- World Russian People's Council backs idea of Ivan III monument on Lubyanka Square in Moscow 18 February 2021, 16:11
- FJCR suggests reinstalling fountain at Lubyanka 18 February 2021, 15:30
- Suspected organizer of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Russia's Kemerovo region placed under house arrest 17 February 2021, 14:11
- Police detain man who splashed Holocaust monument in Yerevan with paint 17 February 2021, 13:44
- The giant castle of corona cannibal to be burned in Russia on Maslenitsa 17 February 2021, 12:08
- Lawyers' association supports bill limiting surrogate motherhood in Russia 17 February 2021, 10:00
- FSB detain people suspected of financing ISIL under guise of donations to mosques in Crimea, Tatarstan 16 February 2021, 15:19
- World Union of Old Believers backs idea to place Ivan III monument on Moscow's Lubyanka Square 16 February 2021, 09:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion concerned by detention on non-participants in unsanctioned rallies 15 February 2021, 09:17
- Moscow court arrests 2 Jehovah's Witnesses 15 February 2021, 09:15
- Foreign Intelligence Service head compares those who insult WWII veterans to Nazi collaborators 12 February 2021, 11:53
- Congress of the Leaders of World and Traditional Religions in Kazakhstan postponed to next year 12 February 2021, 11:07
- Sputnik V vaccine halal - Gamaleya Center expert 12 February 2021, 10:03
- Court denies former schema hegumen Sergy right to participate in dispute over church on territory of Sredneuralsky Convent 10 February 2021, 20:39
- Several organizers of Jehovah's Witnesses cell detained in Moscow 10 February 2021, 11:43
- Resident of Russia's Dagestan jailed for 10 years for killing local rabbi 10 February 2021, 11:14
- Tajik authorities classify sentence of opposition Islamic party leader 09 February 2021, 17:35
- The International Day of Human Brotherhood celebrates in Russia for the first time 09 February 2021, 10:13
- Tolerance lessons have already been held for half a million schoolchildren in Russia 09 February 2021, 10:04