06 February 2015, 17:39
Patriarch Kirill gives wounded children from Donbass computers, icons
Moscow, February 6, Interfax - Bishop Panteleimon of Orekhovo-Zuyevo, the head of the Synodal Department for Church Charities and Social Service, has visited wounded children from Donbass, who are receiving treatment in the Research Institute of Emergency Children's Surgery and Traumatology in Moscow.
The bishop gave the children computers, icons and calendars from Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia. Among the children visited by the bishop was Ivan Voronov, 8, whose both feet and one hand were torn off by a shell that exploded near his home in Shakhtyorsk. Ivan's younger brother and stepfather were killed, the press service for the Synodal Department reported.
"You were very brave. We all saw you refuse anesthetics on television. I think you are a real man. You will be fine," Bishop Panteleimon told Ivan.
The press service said Patriarch Kirill personally directs Church assistance to refugees from Ukraine and gets quarterly reports on this work from the Synodal Charity Department, which is in chare of church assistance to refugees.
A church headquarters for assistance to refugees was set up in Moscow in summer 2014. A comprehensive center for assistance to refugees opened in a church in Novokosino and a free hotline for refugees was created. The Church opened dozens of humanitarian centers nationwide and accommodated thousands of refugees in its shelters, monasteries and parish houses.
By early February 2015, the Church had raised over 58 million rubles for assistance to refugees. Most of the money has now been used up. In Moscow alone, over 14,000 refugees turned to the church headquarters for assistance.
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia are persecuted for extremism, not faith 30 September 2019, 13:57
- Adult adopted children of arrested Orenburg priest don't believe accusations against him 30 September 2019, 13:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't need autocephaly - church head 30 September 2019, 11:57
- Russian Church welcomes the news about reunion with "Russia exarchate" clerics 30 September 2019, 10:37
- Putin greets Russian Jews on Rosh Hashanah 30 September 2019, 10:30
- Absolute majority of Russian Exarchate clerics in Europe join Moscow Patriarchate 28 September 2019, 19:42