20 February 2015, 17:45
Ukrainian authorities only have to accuse the Pope of subversive activities
Moscow, February 20, Interfax - Head of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church press service Vasily Anisimov accuses Ukrainian propagandists and officials of kindling the fratricidal conflict.
"Has anyone heard a word urging for fraternity, mercy and humanity to opponents from those in power or from militant propagandists during long months of this terrible war? What are the roots of this fanatic intolerance? Or there are no Christians capable to hear the voice of the Church, to hear its position among our officials, in our mass media sowing anger?" Anisimov writes in his article posted by Interfax-Religion on Friday.
He reminds that Pope Francis of Rome has called the operation in Donbass carried out by Ukrainian authorities "monstrous fraternal violence," which "confused the most blood-thirsty (alongside with cultists, Filaret's followers and fire-worshippers) part of the current civil conflict - the Union."
Anisimov writes that it is not surprising that the Orthodox and the Catholic Churches share the same opinion about the Ukrainian tragedy, but that "their point of view contradicts to the official Ukrainian propaganda."
"I wonder what punishment our authorities will choose for the Pope of Rome for his evident anti-state activities? Will they stop broadcasting his sermons, cut out any references to him in movies and TV-programs? Or will they ban him to enter the country as it was with Kobzon and Okhlobystin? (a Russian singer and an actor - IF)" the article reads.
Anyway, the author resumes, he won't envy Pope Francis as "there is at least one country in the globe where he will be given a three or five-year sentence with confiscation of property."
- Lawyer appeals court ban of Male State 26 October 2021, 16:55
- Lukashenko said it would be un-Christian to refuse to sell electricity to Lithuania and Ukraine 26 October 2021, 15:26
- Scythian gold may be kept at Sophia of Kiev sanctuary 26 October 2021, 15:13
- Russian Church assured that vaccination won't be mandatory for its priests 25 October 2021, 12:00
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls for mandating Covid-19 vaccination for clerics 25 October 2021, 11:58
- Patriarch Kirill calls the Gospel the best consulting for a modern person 25 October 2021, 11:52
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses arrested in Moscow for involving people in activities of extremist organization 25 October 2021, 11:40
- Russian synagogues don't plan to close during upcoming non-working days 22 October 2021, 17:48
- Putin asking Western civilization 'to steer clear of our home' 21 October 2021, 20:33
- Website of Russian Dept for External Church Relations hacked 20 October 2021, 18:07
- The Internet is able to cross out everything that the school gives - Patriarch Kirill 20 October 2021, 10:04
- Five supporters of the caliphate were detained in Karachay-Cherkessia 20 October 2021, 10:00
- School student detained for shooting in Perm Territory shouted that he was guided by the 'God's instructions' 18 October 2021, 12:34
- Patriarch Kirill's meeting with Pope not under preparation yet - Metropolitan Hilarion 18 October 2021, 10:19
- Russian Church Bishops' Council postponed until May 2022 due to coronavirus 15 October 2021, 18:20
- Patriarch Kirill considered the preservation of Russia after the twists and turns of the 20th century a miracle 14 October 2021, 17:29
- War in Nagorno-Karabakh in fall 2020 didn't solve conflict - Catholicos of All Armenians 13 October 2021, 19:21
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Azerbaijan, Armenia to avoid language of hatred 13 October 2021, 19:19
- Patriarch Kirill hopes Armenia, Azerbaijan religious leaders can influence minds of conflicting parties in Karabakh 13 October 2021, 14:16
- Religious summit on Karabakh settlement is on in Moscow 13 October 2021, 13:57
- Taliban govt's recognition to depend on situation surrounding Afghan women's rights – Matviyenko 12 October 2021, 19:22
- Vatican to open embassy in Armenia 12 October 2021, 10:00
- Religious leaders of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia to meet in Moscow 11 October 2021, 12:39
- Rabbi Lazar wishes Putin to live up to 120 years 08 October 2021, 15:10
- Court in St. Petersburg fines man for justifying terror attack in New Zealand 08 October 2021, 14:54
- Catholicos-Patriarch of Georgia asks Saakashvili to stop hunger strike 07 October 2021, 19:17
- Twice as many people killed in Babi Yar massacre than named at Nuremberg Trials – Zelensky 07 October 2021, 10:44
- House of Romanov says military's attendance at wedding ceremony in St. Petersburg agreed upon 07 October 2021, 10:00
- Risks of creation of new terrorist caliphates declining worldwide - Russian Security Council 06 October 2021, 18:27
- Office of Iranian Supreme Leader's representative in Baku mosque closed 06 October 2021, 12:21