03 April 2015, 17:23
Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin calls on Russians to rebuff Russophobia
Moscow, April 3, Interfax - Russia should defend its independent way in history and rebuff attempts to blame it for all problems, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin, the head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations, said.
"I hope the global monopoly on the media and culture will end. We will destroy it together, including by seeking a good response to every russophobic statement and an appropriate evaluation to everyone who try to prevent this response," the priest told a press conference in Interfax on Friday.
Father Vsevolod said some countries are trying to present Russia as the cause of all problems in the world. "They are trying to speak about Russia and Russians in a humiliating key, to deprive us of the right to independently determine the parameters of our civilization, public system, economic model, our cultural self-determination," he said.
"They are trying to prove to us that our history is bad, that we should be measured by the standards of other civilizations, that we have no right to have our own way in history. In this situation, we can and should say that we have the right to stay us," he said.
The priest said Russia should not be afraid of being itself and should enable its people to open up "based on their hopes, intuitions, and understanding of the future." He said Russia will always be faced with Russophobia and attempts to say that Russian people have the wrong historical will and "they should be subjected to some kind of surgery of public consciousness."
"We need to learn to say no to those forces that are trying to change us against our will. We need to learn to clearly declare our values and goals, without trying to suit anyone's models," he said.
- High-ranking Russian Orthodox Church rep objects to ban on consecration of WMDs 25 February 2020, 18:33
- Islamist from Donbass arrested in Kazan 25 February 2020, 11:02
- Three religious extremists detained in Kazan 20 February 2020, 18:30
- Putin calls to halt any religious discord 20 February 2020, 13:25
- All Russian Orthodox Church parishes in Southeast Asia to pray for riddance of coronavirus 19 February 2020, 18:41
- Court arrests Moscow church attacker 18 February 2020, 19:27
- Investigators file for arrest of suspected assailant of Moscow churchgoers 18 February 2020, 12:18
- Man who attacked people in Moscow church says didn't plan crime, 'got up on wrong side of bed' 17 February 2020, 22:06
- Four members of banned pseudo-religious group convicted in Orenburg Region 17 February 2020, 18:38
- Georgian Church decides not to take part in pan-Orthodox meeting in Jordan 17 February 2020, 18:33
- Romanian Church to agree with granting of tomos to Orthodox Church in Ukraine, provided that Constantinople and Moscow reach consensus - media (updated) 14 February 2020, 21:11
- Karekin II grateful to Syria for recognizing Armenian genocide 14 February 2020, 18:08
- Pan-Orthodox meeting on 'Ukrainian issue' to be held in Amman on Feb 26 (updated) 14 February 2020, 15:08
- No same-sex marriage to be legitimized in Russia as long as I am president - Putin (updated) 13 February 2020, 17:31
- Orthodox leaders to discuss 'Ukrainian issue' in Amman in late Feb (updated) 12 February 2020, 21:28
- CPRF doesn't mind mentioning God in Russian constitution 11 February 2020, 18:30
- Criminal case opened in Transbaikal Territory after searches of residences of suspected Jehovah's Witnesses 10 February 2020, 19:57
- A woman could head the Russian Church synodal department 10 February 2020, 12:34
- Russian Church proposes to designate the special role of Russians in Constitution 10 February 2020, 12:15
- Zelensky invites Pope to visit Ukraine 10 February 2020, 11:58
- Zelensky asks Pope to help with release of Ukrainians in custody in Russia, Donbass 10 February 2020, 11:55
- Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem working as usual, has no info on property handover 05 February 2020, 21:25
- Yakut shaman complains to ECHR 05 February 2020, 18:09
- OCU terminates Filaret's membership in Holy Synod 05 February 2020, 12:27
- Russian Orthodox Church could discontinue practice of blessing WMDs 04 February 2020, 21:05
- Enshrining 'traditional marriage' in constitution at bottom of working group's agenda 04 February 2020, 19:14
- Krasheninnikov against enshrining family, God in constitution 04 February 2020, 18:58
- Pompeo praises Uzbekistan for progress in upholding religious freedom 03 February 2020, 19:17
- Marriage, not family should be defined as union between man and woman in Russian Constitution - Russian Orthodox Church 03 February 2020, 18:04
- Working group to discuss appropriateness of mentioning God in Constitution – Kremlin 03 February 2020, 13:57