22 May 2015, 12:47
Church insists on adopting the law excluding abortions from the system of compulsory medical insurance
*** Abortions destruct health and happiness of millions of women
Moscow, May 22, Interfax - The state should not finance abortions, the corresponding law should be adopted, the Russian Church officials believe.
"Believers and society cannot financially participate in committing abortions and state laws should reflect it, head of the Synodal Information Department Vladimir Legoyda was quoted as saying by his press service.
According to the church official, some people claim that it is better to spend money on abortions than support poor mothers and education for children.
"Perhaps, it is cheaper to kill than finance disabled and mentally disturbed people," he resumed.
Head of the Synodal Department for Church and Society Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin told Interfax-Religion that "Russia will cease to exist with the current level of abortions, destruction of a family, pornography and unquotable words in Internet, perversions, hopes for foreign accounts and houses exchanged for entire control to "outside forces."
He also said that Orthodox churches collected signatures under an address for criminal punishment for abortion and suggestion to entirely exclude it from the country's life, "thousands of people have already signed the document."
Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia suggested excluding abortions from the system of compulsory medical insurance speaking at the Christmas parliamentary meetings in January 2015.
On May 19, deputies of the State Duma introduced the corresponding draft to the Lower Chamber. This initiative was criticized by Vice President Olga Golodets and speaker of the Federation Council Valentina Matviyenko.
- Several Jehovah's Witnesses leaders detained in Russia - Investigative Committee 24 November 2020, 11:39
- Court fines Pussy Riot member Nikulshina for event in support of LGBT in Moscow 23 November 2020, 13:35
- There's some progress in Alexander Metochion issue - Israeli ambassador to Russia 23 November 2020, 10:00
- Putin urges preservation of historic sites, sacred religious places in Karabakh conflict zone 20 November 2020, 19:55
- Patriarch Kirill ceases liturgical commemoration of archbishop of Cyprus for backing schism in Ukraine 20 November 2020, 17:47
- Putin offers condolences to president of Serbia on death of Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 17:35
- Russian Orthodox Church mourns death of Serbian Patriarch Irinej 20 November 2020, 13:05
- Metropolitan of Tatarstan dies of Covid-19 <>(updated) 20 November 2020, 11:37
- Armenian church leader thanks Putin for preserving Armenian cultural heritage in Karabakh 20 November 2020, 10:58
- Russian Orthodox Church denies Serbian Patriarch Irinej deceased 19 November 2020, 17:40
- Free visits may be arranged for believers to ancient Christian monastery in northern Karabakh - Russian military 16 November 2020, 17:34
- Karabakh archbishop hospitalized after heart attack 16 November 2020, 14:23
- Putin calls for preserving churches in the transferred territories of Karabakh 16 November 2020, 11:23
- Azerbaijanis desecrated cathedral in Shushi - Armenian Church 16 November 2020, 11:11
- Metropolitan Hilarion speaks of risks of start of third world war 16 November 2020, 11:09
- Russian Orthodox Church expects Biden to stop supporting abortion, sex change operations 16 November 2020, 10:49
- Spiritual Muslim Board of Russia denies existence of overwhelming support for ban on marrying non-Muslim women 11 November 2020, 19:21
- Novosibirsk court outlaws Khakassia branch of Chinese sect Falun Gong for first time in Russia 10 November 2020, 15:32
- Coronavirus-induced self-isolation helps reduce ethnic and religious violence - human rights activist 10 November 2020, 10:23
- Moscow religious organizations have weak influence on local migrants - mufti 10 November 2020, 10:21
- Performance artist posing as Christ detained near FSB headquarters in Moscow 06 November 2020, 10:25
- Putin said inadmissible to hurt feelings of believers, to allow extremism - Peskov 05 November 2020, 13:29
- Russian Orthodox Church warns against danger of unsanctioned exorcism 05 November 2020, 10:40
- Patriarch Kirill mourns over victims of Vienna terrorist attack 05 November 2020, 10:38
- Inter-ethnic relations situation exacerbated in several countries, Russia must not allow this - Putin 05 November 2020, 10:37
- Putin backs idea of int'l ban on insulting religious feelings 05 November 2020, 10:33
- Russia's Chief Rabbi Lazar opposed to phrase 'Islamic terrorism' 03 November 2020, 19:00
- Freedom of speech mustn't hurt religious feelings - Russia's Matviyenko 03 November 2020, 18:27
- Lukashenko calls on Catholic Church to play constructive role in Belarus 03 November 2020, 15:56
- Expert on Islam calls the terrorist attack in Vienna an echo of the caricature scandal in France 03 November 2020, 13:00