13 July 2015, 16:41
Patriarch Kirill hopes to go to Kiev again some time
St. Petersburg, July 13, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said he hoped the time would come when he would be able to go to Kiev.
"I strongly hope that such time will come, when we all will pray at the Kiev Lavra of the Caves together," the Patriarch said on Monday when addressing Metropolitan Onufry of Kiev and All Ukraine at the opening of Holy Synod in St. Petersburg.
Patriarch Kirill congratulated Metropolitan Onufry on Angel's Day.
"We prayed for you on this day. I regretted I did not have the opportunity to be in Kiev," Patriarch Kirill said.
The Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia presented Metropolitan Onufry with a panagia dedicated to the 1000th anniversary of the death of Saint Duke Vladimir, who christened Rus.
Prior to 2014 Patriarch Kirill went to Ukraine several times as part of celebrations of the Rus Christening, usually in late July.
"Unfortunately, in 2014 my visit to Ukraine did not occur due to the current military and political situation. At that, I confirm that the Russian Orthodox Church - embracing Russian and Ukrainian people and moved by pastor's responsibility - is ready to do everything depending on it in order to restore brotherly, good neighborly and respectful relations between Russia and Ukraine," Patriarch Kirill said in late 2014.
On May 9, 2014 the Ukrainian authorities banned entry to Ukraine to head of Synod foreign church ties department, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk. His visit was dedicated to the celebration of the 75th birthday of Metropolitan Iriney of Dniepropetrovsk and Pavlograd. The Metropolitan Hilarion was to participate in the service as personal representative of the Patriarch of Moscow and to deliver the Patriarch's congratulations and a high church award. In the end, the Metropolitan Hilarion was forced to carry out these duties at passport control in Dniepropetrovsk airport.
- Russian Orthodox Church says Patriarch Kirill of Moscow might meet with Pope Francis, no date, venue planned so far (updated) 06 December 2021, 17:54
- Most Russians say mocking church, national history, customs of other peoples unacceptable – poll 06 December 2021, 12:26
- Matviyenko views push for LGBT agenda, other alien values as unacceptable 06 December 2021, 11:10
- Russian Church believes that Russia's foreign enemies behind anti-vaxxer campaign in country 06 December 2021, 10:08
- Lawyers for defrocked priest Sergy to appeal conviction 30 November 2021, 18:13
- Former schema-hegumen Sergy sentenced to 3.5 years in prison (updated) 30 November 2021, 17:16
- Patriarch Kirill believes that the Kingdom of Heaven is bigger than cosmos 30 November 2021, 11:18
- Jews of Russia against celebrating Hanukkah together with Christmas in mixed families 30 November 2021, 11:12
- The anti-Covid restrictions on Hanukkah in Russia have been slightly relaxed 30 November 2021, 11:02
- Hermitage cat Seraphima goes to work in the Peter and Paul Cathedral 30 November 2021, 10:48
- Patriarch Kirill invited to Kazakhstan to Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions 26 November 2021, 16:18
- Some "missionaries" of an extremist organization banned in the Russia convicted in Saratov 26 November 2021, 16:14
- The head of Belarusian Orthodox Church urged to treat migrants as "aliens" 24 November 2021, 15:39
- Rabbi Lazar concerned that the pandemic sometimes considered a Jewish conspiracy 24 November 2021, 15:33
- Patriarch Kirill describes ecclesiastical split in Ukraine as his personal woe 22 November 2021, 19:33
- Covid-19 pandemic won't last long, but will allow humanity to critically assess its capabilities - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 16:52
- Patriarch Kirill views Russia as leader of free world 22 November 2021, 16:35
- Russian Orthodox Church denies U.S. claims of violations of religious freedom in Russia 22 November 2021, 11:05
- Problem of church schism in Ukraine may be resolved through dialogue - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 11:02
- Putin bestows Order of St. Andrew on Patriarch Kirill, notes highest regard to him in Russia, abroad 22 November 2021, 10:54
- Jehovah's Witnesses elders detained in Russia's Astrakhan Region 18 November 2021, 16:45
- Court in Moscow fines Muz-TV 1 mln rubles for propaganda of homosexuality among minors 17 November 2021, 15:40
- Website of Side by Side festival blocked for forming positive attitude toward LGBT content 17 November 2021, 15:38
- Imam and one more person killed in Dagestani village shooting 12 November 2021, 20:25
- Prosecution service detects justification of terrorism, extremism in materials of Memorial human rights center 12 November 2021, 17:59
- Cell of Nurjular extremist organization, banned in Russia, shut down in Tatarstan 12 November 2021, 17:09
- The Russian synagogues didn't turn off the lights until morning In memory of the Kristallnacht 10 November 2021, 10:14
- Russian PM satisfied with Pope's attitude to Moscow's views on int'l issues 09 November 2021, 21:55
- MP does not rule out eventual genomic registration of all Russians 04 November 2021, 10:29
- Russian Church warns against turning vaccination into factor of national division 02 November 2021, 19:55