13 July 2015, 16:41
Patriarch Kirill hopes to go to Kiev again some time
St. Petersburg, July 13, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said he hoped the time would come when he would be able to go to Kiev.
"I strongly hope that such time will come, when we all will pray at the Kiev Lavra of the Caves together," the Patriarch said on Monday when addressing Metropolitan Onufry of Kiev and All Ukraine at the opening of Holy Synod in St. Petersburg.
Patriarch Kirill congratulated Metropolitan Onufry on Angel's Day.
"We prayed for you on this day. I regretted I did not have the opportunity to be in Kiev," Patriarch Kirill said.
The Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia presented Metropolitan Onufry with a panagia dedicated to the 1000th anniversary of the death of Saint Duke Vladimir, who christened Rus.
Prior to 2014 Patriarch Kirill went to Ukraine several times as part of celebrations of the Rus Christening, usually in late July.
"Unfortunately, in 2014 my visit to Ukraine did not occur due to the current military and political situation. At that, I confirm that the Russian Orthodox Church - embracing Russian and Ukrainian people and moved by pastor's responsibility - is ready to do everything depending on it in order to restore brotherly, good neighborly and respectful relations between Russia and Ukraine," Patriarch Kirill said in late 2014.
On May 9, 2014 the Ukrainian authorities banned entry to Ukraine to head of Synod foreign church ties department, Metropolitan Hilarion of Volokolamsk. His visit was dedicated to the celebration of the 75th birthday of Metropolitan Iriney of Dniepropetrovsk and Pavlograd. The Metropolitan Hilarion was to participate in the service as personal representative of the Patriarch of Moscow and to deliver the Patriarch's congratulations and a high church award. In the end, the Metropolitan Hilarion was forced to carry out these duties at passport control in Dniepropetrovsk airport.
- Christ the Savior Cathedral receives fourth bomb threat in Dec 11 December 2019, 19:02
- Yakut shaman Gabyshev detained again - human rights activists 11 December 2019, 10:12
- Mufti Gainutdin calls on Muslim leaders to protect persecuted Christians of Africa, Middle East 11 December 2019, 10:10
- Ukraine's canonical Church adds 250 parishes in first year of OCU existence 11 December 2019, 10:08
- Christ the Savior Cathedral "mined" the third time in a few days 09 December 2019, 17:12
- Patriarch Kirill asks Mayor Sobyanin to help restore Orthodox Church in America's representation church in Moscow 06 December 2019, 18:51
- Moscow's Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives 2nd bomb threat this week 06 December 2019, 12:41
- Zelensky urges clerics to back Ukraine's initiatives in run-up to Normandy-format summit 05 December 2019, 13:54
- Saint Isaac's Cathedral and 5 other churchs in St. Petersburg received bomb threats 05 December 2019, 13:52
- Serbian president invites Putin to attend opening of St. Sava Cathedral in Belgrade 04 December 2019, 19:35
- Moscow's Christ the Savior Cathedral alerted to bomb threat 03 December 2019, 20:55
- One year on OCU defectors account for less than 1% of our parishes - UOC 03 December 2019, 18:46
- Moscow Jewish Museum to break stereotypes - director 03 December 2019, 17:26
- FSB reports detention of 9 Hizb ut-Tahrir members recruited Muslims 03 December 2019, 14:12
- Russian Bishops' Council to assess global Orthodox situation in near future 02 December 2019, 20:27
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church calls for end of infowar between Ukraine, Russia 02 December 2019, 18:45
- Russian Patriarch Kirill invited to Estonia by country's Lutheran leader 29 November 2019, 18:31
- Moscow court arrests U.S. rabbi in absentia in Schneerson library case 29 November 2019, 13:56
- Putin notes importance of coordination with OIC in countering threats 29 November 2019, 12:04
- Abortion rate in Russia declines considerably in past 18 years 28 November 2019, 19:06
- Patriarch of Alexandria sends kisses to head of OCU 28 November 2019, 18:29
- FJCR sees plans to arrest U.S. rabbi in Schneerson library case as absurd 28 November 2019, 17:23
- Bulgarian Church takes step toward recognizing OCU 28 November 2019, 17:21
- Ukraine has seen no attacks motivated by anti-Semitism in past 3 years - Association of Jewish Communities 27 November 2019, 17:18
- ROCOR to build new church in U.S 27 November 2019, 17:17
- Orthodox priest in Russia's Jewish Autonomous Region suspected of child molestation 26 November 2019, 14:25
- Georgian patriarch, foreign ambassadors discuss detention of doctor Gaprindashvili in S. Ossetia 26 November 2019, 10:07
- Interreligious Council of Russia calls on int'l community to restore Middle East's holy sites 25 November 2019, 20:28
- Sholem Aleichem monument vandalized near synagogue in Kiev 25 November 2019, 18:46
- Russian parliament, govt agree that extra measures needed to fight domestic violence - Matviyenko 25 November 2019, 16:06