14 September 2015, 15:27
Jerusalem Patriarch calls Ukrainian schismatics 'lost'
Moscow, September 14, Interfax - Patriarch Theophilus III of Jerusalem urges Ukrainians to reconcile with Russia and calls leader of the unrecognized 'Kiev Patriarchate' Filaret Denisenko 'lost.'
The head of the Jerusalem Orthodox Church told about it at his meeting with the Ukrainian delegation, Andrey Lozovoy, deputy head of Oleg Lyashko's radical faction in the Supreme Rada writes about it in his blog at the Korresponsent.net website.
He writes that his colleague and he were unpleasantly surprised when they heard Theophilus' speech.
"We consider Russians and Ukrainians one people," "our lost brothers headed by Filaret fell apart from Mother-Church," "the most important for you is to reconcile with the Russian people," "we have very good relations with your Metropolitan Onufry," Lozovoy quotes these abstracts from the Jerusalem Patriarch's speech.
According to the deputy, he just wanted to "stand up and leave." Members of the Ukrainian delegation tried to make the Patriarch change his mind. They said they were not satisfied with UOC head Metropolitan Onufry's actions, who refused to stand up in order to commemorate soldiers of the Ukrainian Army killed in ATO operation.
"It is hard to say if the Jerusalem Patriarch heard us," Lozovoy resumes.
The publication recalls that the Jerusalem patriarch has exclusive right to receive the Easter Holy Fire, which Orthodox Christians consider to be a miracle.
- Muslim countries can rely on Russia's support in tackling regional crises – Putin 28 July 2021, 14:01
- Court again commits Yakut shaman Gabyshev to psychiatric clinic 27 July 2021, 10:46
- Three Jehovah's Witnesses fined in Kirov 21 July 2021, 17:30
- Putin congratulates Russian Muslims on Eid al-Adha 20 July 2021, 11:20
- No one has the right to make a decision on vaccination for a person – Russian bishop 19 July 2021, 11:07
- Moscow Patriarchate will support Russian athletes in Tokyo 19 July 2021, 10:36
- Duma's Slutsky doubts impartiality of ECHR judges 16 July 2021, 21:26
- Three Jehovah's Witnesses given suspended prison sentences in Russia's Sverdlovsk Region 16 July 2021, 21:24
- Russia won't look for 'compromise' as concerns registering same-sex relations – Peskov 14 July 2021, 15:38
- ECHR judges who considered issue of same-sex marriage in Russia should resign - Duma speaker 14 July 2021, 10:05
- Russia won't follow ECHR recommendation on same-sex marriage - deputy head of Duma committee 14 July 2021, 10:03
- ECHR urges Russia to allow same-sex marriages 14 July 2021, 10:00
- Patriarch Kirill asks Mishustin to support the bill banning surrogacy for foreigners 12 July 2021, 17:49
- Mosques in Moscow to be closed to believers on Eid al-Adha 12 July 2021, 10:25
- Diplomatic missions condemn violence at Tbilisi LGBT march 05 July 2021, 18:21
- March in support of LGBT community in Tbilisi cancelled 05 July 2021, 16:53
- Opponents of LGBT community attack journalists in Tbilisi 05 July 2021, 15:49
- Georgian PM asks LGBT community to cancel march in Tbilisi 05 July 2021, 15:48
- The anti-terrorist exercises held in Kiev synagogue with Israeli ambassador 05 July 2021, 11:24
- Main threat to the traditional morality of Russians emanates from U.S., allies - national security strategy 05 July 2021, 10:05
- Radicals in Tbilisi protest against LGBT events 02 July 2021, 10:06
- A thousand churches may collapse in Russia in the next ten years 01 July 2021, 18:04
- Moscow court outlaws Eye of God Telegram bot 01 July 2021, 17:58
- Russian Church proposes to make the Day of Crimea's Reunification with Russia a national holiday 30 June 2021, 14:23
- The Russian Church speaker advises to learn politeness and self-organization from the West 30 June 2021, 14:12
- A fire elevator removed a woman who became ill from the colonnade of St. Isaac 28 June 2021, 17:44
- Plans to remove Russians from list of native peoples of Ukraine utter nonsense - Russian Orthodox Church 28 June 2021, 11:18
- Russia not to link coronavirus vaccine supply to politics and religion 24 June 2021, 18:10
- Russian Church calls for a general mobilization against coronavirus 21 June 2021, 12:08
- Russian Orthodox Church supports ban on foreigners using surrogacy services 11 June 2021, 16:32