14 September 2015, 15:27
Jerusalem Patriarch calls Ukrainian schismatics 'lost'
Moscow, September 14, Interfax - Patriarch Theophilus III of Jerusalem urges Ukrainians to reconcile with Russia and calls leader of the unrecognized 'Kiev Patriarchate' Filaret Denisenko 'lost.'
The head of the Jerusalem Orthodox Church told about it at his meeting with the Ukrainian delegation, Andrey Lozovoy, deputy head of Oleg Lyashko's radical faction in the Supreme Rada writes about it in his blog at the Korresponsent.net website.
He writes that his colleague and he were unpleasantly surprised when they heard Theophilus' speech.
"We consider Russians and Ukrainians one people," "our lost brothers headed by Filaret fell apart from Mother-Church," "the most important for you is to reconcile with the Russian people," "we have very good relations with your Metropolitan Onufry," Lozovoy quotes these abstracts from the Jerusalem Patriarch's speech.
According to the deputy, he just wanted to "stand up and leave." Members of the Ukrainian delegation tried to make the Patriarch change his mind. They said they were not satisfied with UOC head Metropolitan Onufry's actions, who refused to stand up in order to commemorate soldiers of the Ukrainian Army killed in ATO operation.
"It is hard to say if the Jerusalem Patriarch heard us," Lozovoy resumes.
The publication recalls that the Jerusalem patriarch has exclusive right to receive the Easter Holy Fire, which Orthodox Christians consider to be a miracle.
- About 80 tons of matzo were delivered free for Pesach in Russia 06 April 2020, 19:35
- Four Moscow clergymen diagnosed with coronavirus, 4 suspected of having it - patriarchate 06 April 2020, 19:13
- Oldest synagogue in Russia celebrates its 140th anniversary 06 April 2020, 17:40
- Clerics hold air processions with cross against coronavirus above Volgograd and Kuzbass 06 April 2020, 15:14
- Patriarch Kirill urges believers to sturdily face all "temporary difficulties" 03 April 2020, 18:07
- Patriarch Kirill going around Moscow with icon to rid people of coronavirus 03 April 2020, 17:47
- Almost all members of the Moscow Jewish Community recovered from Covid-19 03 April 2020, 17:10
- Russian Orthodox Church considers untimely forecasts about the form of Easter celebrations 03 April 2020, 16:43
- Heads of Jewish communities around the world urge to exchange words of support on the eve of Pesach 03 April 2020, 14:00
- One more Russian Orthodox metropolitan carries out air procession with cross against coronavirus 02 April 2020, 17:34
- Head of the Byelorussian Orthodox Church to fly along the country’s borders with relics and prayers to stop coronavirus 02 April 2020, 17:32
- About 20 members of Jewish community of Russia hospitalized with coronavirus suspected 02 April 2020, 16:05
- Moscow rabbi recovers from coronavirus 01 April 2020, 17:09
- Patriarch to go around Moscow with icon of Our Lady to rid people of coronavirus 01 April 2020, 13:24
- Patriarch Kirill calls on believers to refrain from visiting churches amid coronavirus pandemic 29 March 2020, 20:09
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12