14 September 2015, 15:27
Jerusalem Patriarch calls Ukrainian schismatics 'lost'
Moscow, September 14, Interfax - Patriarch Theophilus III of Jerusalem urges Ukrainians to reconcile with Russia and calls leader of the unrecognized 'Kiev Patriarchate' Filaret Denisenko 'lost.'
The head of the Jerusalem Orthodox Church told about it at his meeting with the Ukrainian delegation, Andrey Lozovoy, deputy head of Oleg Lyashko's radical faction in the Supreme Rada writes about it in his blog at the Korresponsent.net website.
He writes that his colleague and he were unpleasantly surprised when they heard Theophilus' speech.
"We consider Russians and Ukrainians one people," "our lost brothers headed by Filaret fell apart from Mother-Church," "the most important for you is to reconcile with the Russian people," "we have very good relations with your Metropolitan Onufry," Lozovoy quotes these abstracts from the Jerusalem Patriarch's speech.
According to the deputy, he just wanted to "stand up and leave." Members of the Ukrainian delegation tried to make the Patriarch change his mind. They said they were not satisfied with UOC head Metropolitan Onufry's actions, who refused to stand up in order to commemorate soldiers of the Ukrainian Army killed in ATO operation.
"It is hard to say if the Jerusalem Patriarch heard us," Lozovoy resumes.
The publication recalls that the Jerusalem patriarch has exclusive right to receive the Easter Holy Fire, which Orthodox Christians consider to be a miracle.
- Georgian president rules out 'Orthodox union' of Georgia and Russia 20 June 2019, 13:40
- Religion section editor of Dagestani newspaper suspected of financing terrorism arrested for 2 months 19 June 2019, 17:14
- Memorial in place of the second biggest burial of the Holocaust victims opened in Caucasus 19 June 2019, 17:09
- The Georgian Church official accuses US acting ambassador of trying to aggravate the situation around LGBT-action in Georgia 18 June 2019, 11:09
- Religion department editor of the Dagestani newspaper detained on suspicion of terrorism financing 17 June 2019, 11:30
- Russian Catholics don’t believe in islamization of Europe 07 June 2019, 15:30
- Leaders, members of 15 Jehovah's Witnesses cells held in Dagestan 07 June 2019, 10:55
- World will be better if people follow Bible, Torah, Koran - Putin 06 June 2019, 18:01
- Russian Catholics urge not to have illusions about possible pontiff's visit to Moscow 06 June 2019, 17:05
- The Russian Orthodox Church is not ready to welcome the Pope of Rome in Moscow 06 June 2019, 16:04
- Putin to meet with Pope Francis 06 June 2019, 14:34
- Russian Jews pray for “lifting up” the soul of the reposed wife of the Israel’s president 06 June 2019, 11:32
- Russia's Jews present country as example of tolerance for Europe 04 June 2019, 18:48
- Remembrance of Great Patriotic War protects Russia from xenophobia, anti-Semitism - Putin 04 June 2019, 17:48
- Putin attends unveiling of monument to heroes of resistance in concentration camps 04 June 2019, 17:41
- Russian Muslim community plays major role in combating extremist ideology - PM Medvedev 04 June 2019, 11:28
- Putin notes Russian Muslims' contribution to peoples' unity, fight against extremism 04 June 2019, 11:25
- Last Sobibor uprising survivor dies 03 June 2019, 18:17
- Kiev Patriarchate does not exist, never existed - Patriarch Bartholomew 03 June 2019, 14:54
- Constantinople cannot solve complicated religious situation in Ukraine - Russian Orthodox Church 30 May 2019, 19:45
- Putin congratulates Jews on Salvation and Liberation Day 30 May 2019, 19:00
- Protests against construction of churches plotted by outside forces - Russian Orthodox Church 28 May 2019, 18:42
- Church on site of first Russian settlement Fort Ross in U.S. to be restored 28 May 2019, 17:27
- Russian Orthodox Church to open churches in Cyprus, Sweden 28 May 2019, 17:26
- Yekaterinburg residents offer some 50 sites for church construction 27 May 2019, 18:37
- Patriarch Kirill in meeting with Mijatovic asks Council of Europe to control observance of believers' rights in Ukraine 27 May 2019, 18:35
- Churches in Russia to keep being built as long as people need it - Patriarch Kirill 27 May 2019, 18:14
- Patriarch Kirill hopes for end to discrimination against Orthodox Christians in Ukraine under new president 27 May 2019, 18:13
- Europe, Russia should turn over page of misunderstanding - Patriarch Kirill 27 May 2019, 17:18
- Patriarch Kirill tells secretary general of Council of Europe is concerned about human rights issues 27 May 2019, 14:14