16 September 2015, 16:34
True Muslims strong enough to stop ISIL, which 'is stretching its bloody hand' to Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem - Kadyrov
Moscow, September 16, Interfax - Ramzan Kadyrov, the head of Chechnya, believes the next targets of Islamic State will be Mecca and Medina and says true Muslims are ready to oppose this threat.
"It was clear that after destroying Iraq and Syria they will reach out to the main Islamic holy places in Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem," Kadyrov said on Instagram.
"It's happening with direct support from western countries, which have provided weapons, military equipment and money to the terrorist organizations created by their special services," Kadyrov said.
Kadyrov said that "true Muslims will be strong enough to stop those who will stretch their bloody hand to Mecca and Medina."
"For this reason, I advise the ISIL masters to come to reason and stop the games aimed at destroying the Islamic world. When it happens, the masters of the Iblis ['Devil' figure in Islam] states and various al Qaedas will get really hurt," Kadyrov said.
Kadyrov said he "definitely supports the evaluations of the situation in the Middle East and the proposals aimed at resolving it voiced in the speech given by Russian President Vladimir Putin at the CSTO summit in Dushanbe."
Kadyrov reiterated that "Syria and Iraq are on the brink of collapse." "The Iblis state [ISIL] has nothing holy. They are enemies of Islam. They have proved it by killing world-famous religious figures and destroying religious holy places," Kadyrov said.
Kadyrov said he believes that "Vladimir Putin is proposing a real mechanism to come out of this situation, he calls to give up double standards in the fight against terrorism and give up the change of governments not favored by the West using the hands of terrorist organizations."
"The Russian president openly said that our country supports the Syrian government in the fight against terrorism and called on other countries to join this process. He expressed concerns about the fact that militants from Russia and other countries are being trained in the Islamic State. They pose a serious threat to the country's security. Putin suggests to the West uniting efforts in the fight against international terrorism and creating a global security system," Kadyrov said.
"We know that even one militant who has returned from the Iblis state is dangerous. For this reason, I fully share the president's concerns on this matter. We are taking serious measures to counter this threat," Kadyrov said.
"The doors to Chechnya are closed to those who have joined ISIL," he said.
"If they have chosen this path, let them live there until the end of their lives. We are not going to guard them in Chechnya. We should pass a law on annulling these terrorists' passports. And I advise those who say it's impossible to take everyone who returns and take care of correcting them," Kadyrov said.
- New church of Ukraine in contact with SBU, but doesn't coordinate actions – Filaret 21 January 2019, 12:39
- Group of Ukrainian parliamentarians challenges constitutionality of law obliging Ukrainian Orthodox Church to change its name 21 January 2019, 12:06
- Patriarch of Antioch says opposes actions aimed at dividing Orthodox 18 January 2019, 14:34
- Most valuables not missing from Kiev-Pechersk Lavra - deputy minister 18 January 2019, 14:32
- Putin invited to Belgrade to attend consecration of Cathedral of Saint Sava 18 January 2019, 14:15
- Church takeovers leitmotif of Ukrainian presidential campaign - Russian Orthodox Church 18 January 2019, 14:07
- Enthronement of Yepifaniy to be held on Feb 3 18 January 2019, 12:16
- Russia to return page of ancient Gospel to Serbia, Belgrade to return Roerich's pictures to Russia – Putin 18 January 2019, 12:13
- Ukraine's Opposition Bloc to appeal bill on subordination of religious communities to Constitutional Court 17 January 2019, 17:31
- Ukrainian law on joining new church makes seizing churches easier - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 17 January 2019, 17:24
- Rada passes bill on transition of communities from one church to another 17 January 2019, 17:12
- Attempts are being made to divide Antioch Church - al-Assad 17 January 2019, 15:02
- Georgian Church to voice stance on Ukrainian autocephaly, govt not interfering - FM 16 January 2019, 18:58
- Metropolitan of Zaporozhye accuses Ukraine of attempt to 'drag God by his beard' 16 January 2019, 16:11
- Ukraine wants to re-register Kiev-Pechersk Lavra or take it away from UOC of Moscow Patriarchate - Metropolitan Pavel 16 January 2019, 16:03
- Putin describes establishment of new church in Ukraine as 'dangerous politicking' (updated) 16 January 2019, 13:43
- Inter-confessional accord in Ukraine sacrificed to Poroshenko's campaign - Putin 16 January 2019, 11:15
- Poroshenko guarantees protection to those who remain faithful to Moscow Patriarchate 15 January 2019, 16:50
- Homeless man detained on suspicion of setting fire to building at Kiev-Pechersk Lavra 15 January 2019, 14:25
- Fire at Kiev-Pechersk Lavra's building contained to area of 400 sq m 14 January 2019, 21:02
- Kiev-Pechersk Lavra's 2-storey building on fire 14 January 2019, 19:06
- Rights activists report detention of 40 LGBT in Chechnya, Grozny official says it's 'absolute lie' 14 January 2019, 15:13
- Poroshenko decorates 2 metropolitans who joined new church from UOC with Order of Prince Yaroslav Mudry 14 January 2019, 13:41
- Media review: "Metropolitan Hilarion: Russian Orthodox Church was born in Kiev, not in Moscow or St. Petersburg" 14 January 2019, 12:14
- The Ukrainian Orthodox Church compared Ukraine's new church to "Titanic" 11 January 2019, 18:52
- Georgian president doesn't hurry to congratulate Ukraine on granting autocephaly 11 January 2019, 18:47
- Culture Minister's statement on icons missing from Kiev-Pechersk Lavra is provocation - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 11 January 2019, 17:35
- Georgian Church needs time to decide on recognizing Ukraine's autocephaly 10 January 2019, 14:39
- Tomos returns from Istanbul to Ukraine 10 January 2019, 14:34
- If Georgia recognizes Ukraine's autocephaly, Russia to recognize Abkhaz Church's independence - Burjanadze 09 January 2019, 18:55