15 October 2015, 10:25
Mufti Tajuddin regards ISIL threat of jihad against Russia ordinary roguish verbal attacks
Moscow, October 15, Interfax - Supreme Mufti of the Central Muslim Board of Russia Talgat Tajuddin believes that ISIL cannot come up with any official statements, including declaring a jihad against Russia, because it is nothing more than a bandit grouping.
"ISIL is an unofficial, underground, illegitimate gathering that can be called a state only in parenthesis. All their statements and declarations are regular verbal attacks," he said to Interfax-Religion.
As for the possibility of the growth of terrorist threats the mufti said that Russia has law enforcement bodies and a state that "should always be on the alert."
"God willing in the light of the events that are now taking place and with Russia's support for the struggle against terrorism this gathering should go into history and will account for its deeds in this life and in the afterlife to the Almighty," Tajuddin concluded.
Earlier reports said that in a 40-minute address the recording of which appeared on the Internet ISIL spokesman Abu Mohammad al-Adnani called on Muslims worldwide to start a holy war against Russians and Americans.
- Poroshenko advises radicals against seizing Moscow Patriarchate's churches 19 December 2018, 12:07
- Kremlin to look at every individual case where members of religious groups face criminal prosecution 19 December 2018, 11:34
- Ukrainian Security Service wants to question Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra's vicar 19 December 2018, 11:32
- Vatican's embassy denies having recognized new Ukrainian church 19 December 2018, 11:27
- Poroshenko Bloc suggests creating working group to draft church bills 18 December 2018, 19:19
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church should be declared branch of Russian Orthodox Church - ex-president Yushchenko 18 December 2018, 19:16
- UOC denies reports that its Synod excommunicates two metropolitans 18 December 2018, 17:30
- Ukraine's Opposition Bloc demands Poroshenko declassify text of agreement with Bartholomew 18 December 2018, 12:14
- Ukrainian parliamentary speaker invites Patriarch Bartholomew to speak before Rada 17 December 2018, 19:11
- UOC Synod accuses Constantinople of deepening schism in Ukraine 17 December 2018, 19:09
- UOC Synod bans 2 of its metropolitans who attended unification assembly from religious service 17 December 2018, 19:05
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church declares itself true Сhurch in Ukraine 17 December 2018, 18:46
- Kremlin refrains from intervening in church affairs in Ukraine, sees politics behind schismatic activities - Peskov 17 December 2018, 18:39
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church says its bishop's call for participation in 'unifying assembly' fake news 15 December 2018, 20:27
- Election of leader of "single local church" in Ukraine means nothing - Russian Orthodox Church 15 December 2018, 20:11
- Poroshenko to travel with Metropolitan Epiphany to collect Constantinople's tomos in person 15 December 2018, 20:06
- Metropolitan Epiphany of "Kiev Patriarchate" elected as leader of "local Orthodox church" in Ukraine 15 December 2018, 18:39
- Russian Church satisfied that ECHR found Pussy Riot's 'punk prayer' unlawful 14 December 2018, 21:13
- Ukraine is Russian Church's canonical territory - Constantinople metropolitan 14 December 2018, 20:12
- Mogilev-Podolsky bishop delivered to Kiev by security service - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 14 December 2018, 20:08
- Russian Jewish leader outraged at declaration of year of Bandera in Ukraine's Lvov Region 14 December 2018, 17:26
- Ukrainian Church of Moscow Patriarchate praying for govt's non-interference in church affairs in front of Rada 14 December 2018, 14:20
- "Kiev Patriarchate" to nominate 2 candidates for head of Ukraine's unified church - source 14 December 2018, 13:03
- Patriarch Kirill urges political, religious leaders worldwide to defend Ukrainian Orthodox Church (updated) 14 December 2018, 11:21
- Over half of Ukrainian Orthodox archbishops return unification assembly invites to Bartholomew 13 December 2018, 18:56
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church protests over service performed by Constantinople rep in Kiev 13 December 2018, 18:55
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church's main proponent of independence from Moscow rejects version of autocephaly proposed by Constantinople 13 December 2018, 18:02
- Ukraine's Culture Ministry inspecting museum collections of Kiev-Pechersk, Pochayev monasteries 13 December 2018, 17:59
- SBU says found evidence of 'inciting interethnic strife' in searches, interrogations of Ukrainian Orthodox clergy 13 December 2018, 14:45
- Russian Orthodox Church urges U.S. to change approach toward assessing religious freedom 12 December 2018, 14:14