26 October 2015, 11:18
Mufti of Syria thanks Russia for struggling against terrorism
***Assad does not exclude that a Christian can head the government
Moscow, October 26, Interfax - Supreme Mufti of Syria Ahmad Badreddin Hassoun highly praises Russia's role in settling the situation in his country.
"Ahmad Badreddin Hassoun heartily thanked Russia for struggling against terrorists and informed that since Russia started its air strikes against extremists' positions, over 800,000 refugees have returned to Syria," head of the State Duma Committee on Property Sergey Gavrilov said resuming his meeting with the mufti in Damascus.
MP's press service informs that coordinator of inter-faction deputy group on protecting Christian values Sergey Gavrilov, senator Dmitry Sablin, State Duma MP Alexander Yuschenko were members of the Russian delegation to Syria.
According to Gavrilov, meeting with Hassoun was dedicated to discussing spiritual interaction between Russia and Syria, extending humanitarian help, struggle against extremism. They also discusses a possibility for Syrian orphans to spend their vacations in Russia. The deputy reminded that almost 100 pupils of Orthodox orphanages from Syria, students of the boarding schools for children of the killed soldiers spent two weeks in the Moscow Region camp in 2014.
"Despite the fact that Syria is a secular state and its government does not have religious character, Syrian President Bashar Assad does not exclude a possibility that a Christian can become the next head of the government," Gavrilov also said.
Yuschenko told Interfax that Assad expressed an opinion that "without preserving Christians in the Middle East there can't be moderate Islam" and thanked Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia for help.
- The Museum of Ball opened in Sochi is decorated with frescoes painted by church artists 20 June 2018, 17:39
- Patriarch Kirill pays attention of UN Secretary-General to harmful for humanity consequences of giving up traditional morals 20 June 2018, 17:10
- Patriarch Kirill urges UN Secretary-General to help Middle Eastern Christians return home 20 June 2018, 16:51
- Polygamy banned in Turkmenistan 19 June 2018, 17:01
- Foundation stone to the Church of Holy Doctor the Passion-Bearer Eugeny Botkin laid in the Urals 19 June 2018, 13:33
- Helicopter with the Icon of the Mother of God flew over all WC-2018 objects in Saransk 19 June 2018, 13:06
- A church was built in native village of the first female cosmonaut to mark the 55th anniversary of her flight 18 June 2018, 12:46
- Church and Russian Health Ministry to chair the program of helping Syrian children 18 June 2018, 12:29
- Several thousand people participated in parade organized by LGBT activists in downtown Kiev 18 June 2018, 10:53
- The Ukrainian church schism legalization to cut into parts body of global Orthodoxy - Metropolitan Hilarion 18 June 2018, 10:34
- Moscow Patriarchate surprised by Patriarch Bartholomew's words that people of Ukraine are outside canonical Church 18 June 2018, 10:26
- Best player of Russia - Saudi Arabia match thanked God for the victory 15 June 2018, 17:01
- Football World Cup can close up people, mufti Tajuddin believes 15 June 2018, 15:00
- The holy relics of St. Seraphim of Sarov are brought to Oxford 15 June 2018, 10:27
- Putin lauds Russian Muslim communities' role in maintaining interethnic, interfaith peace 15 June 2018, 10:02
- Rahmon calls on Tajik people to display political vigilance, have modest feasts on Eid al-Fitr 14 June 2018, 15:04
- Russia's synagogues are ready to meet 10,000 Jewish football fans 13 June 2018, 18:34
- Orthodox believers pray before the Hong Kong Icon of the Mother of God for the future of the Church in China 13 June 2018, 17:18
- Patriarch Kirill wishes success to Russian football team 13 June 2018, 16:11
- Nazarbayev invites pope to Astana for congress of religions 07 June 2018, 18:35
- Head of Byelorussian Ministry of Interior about LGBT: they won't go anywhere 07 June 2018, 16:54
- Russian priest stands for sobriety during Football World Cup 07 June 2018, 14:36
- Icons loaned to Lankton's museum in U.S. returned to Russia - Culture Ministry 06 June 2018, 18:07
- Russian Foreign Ministry condemns terror attack against Muslim clerics in Kabul 06 June 2018, 17:48
- Dodon stresses importance of Orthodoxy among Moldavia’s national priorities 06 June 2018, 14:43
- Investigators estimate price of icons, which weren't returned to Russia from U.S., at about 26 mln rubles 05 June 2018, 18:16
- Russian court arrests owner of U.S. museum of Russian icons in absentia, issues int'l arrest warrant 05 June 2018, 18:14
- Constantinople Patriarchate official to discuss Ukrainian Church's future in Georgia 05 June 2018, 18:10
- Football cup among homeless people to be held in Moscow on the eve of the World Cup 04 June 2018, 12:50
- Staging of Babchenko's death immoral deed - Metropolitan Hilarion 04 June 2018, 10:47