26 October 2015, 11:18
Mufti of Syria thanks Russia for struggling against terrorism
***Assad does not exclude that a Christian can head the government
Moscow, October 26, Interfax - Supreme Mufti of Syria Ahmad Badreddin Hassoun highly praises Russia's role in settling the situation in his country.
"Ahmad Badreddin Hassoun heartily thanked Russia for struggling against terrorists and informed that since Russia started its air strikes against extremists' positions, over 800,000 refugees have returned to Syria," head of the State Duma Committee on Property Sergey Gavrilov said resuming his meeting with the mufti in Damascus.
MP's press service informs that coordinator of inter-faction deputy group on protecting Christian values Sergey Gavrilov, senator Dmitry Sablin, State Duma MP Alexander Yuschenko were members of the Russian delegation to Syria.
According to Gavrilov, meeting with Hassoun was dedicated to discussing spiritual interaction between Russia and Syria, extending humanitarian help, struggle against extremism. They also discusses a possibility for Syrian orphans to spend their vacations in Russia. The deputy reminded that almost 100 pupils of Orthodox orphanages from Syria, students of the boarding schools for children of the killed soldiers spent two weeks in the Moscow Region camp in 2014.
"Despite the fact that Syria is a secular state and its government does not have religious character, Syrian President Bashar Assad does not exclude a possibility that a Christian can become the next head of the government," Gavrilov also said.
Yuschenko told Interfax that Assad expressed an opinion that "without preserving Christians in the Middle East there can't be moderate Islam" and thanked Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia for help.
- The whole world will lose from anti-Russian actions of the West, the Russian church official believes 15 March 2018, 16:51
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes not only Bulgaria, but all countries of the former Warsaw Pact tend to revising history 12 March 2018, 19:13
- Jewish scientist proves that main provisions of Kabbalah coincides with scientific view on universe 12 March 2018, 18:24
- The Russian Church doubts the decency of the Armenian priest who spoke against divine nature of the Holy Fire 12 March 2018, 16:58
- 21 Orthodox churches to open in Moscow this year 07 March 2018, 16:35
- Captain of the Russian ice hockey team visited the Sredneuralsky Monastery to thank God for victory 07 March 2018, 16:32
- Arab Spring sparked global religious extremism - Russian Security Council 07 March 2018, 12:57
- Searchers in Islamic Cultural Center in Kiev related to possible illegal actions of certain citizens, rather than center itself - prosecutor's office 07 March 2018, 12:53
- Searches take place in Islamic Cultural Center in Kiev 07 March 2018, 12:33
- Two religious extremists killed in northern Azerbaijan 07 March 2018, 12:30
- Patriarch Kirill: 50 Orthodox Churches recently taken over in Ukraine 01 March 2018, 18:40
- Russia seriously concerned about Christians' persecution in Middle East - Russian deputy FM 01 March 2018, 18:01
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Bulgaria in March 27 February 2018, 17:53
- Lavrov warns against involving Orthodox Churches in political games 22 February 2018, 13:35
- Tajik Salafis intending to join terrorists in Syria dressed up as women to escape police 22 February 2018, 11:25
- To eliminate ISIS on its territory is not enough, its cells remind about themselves in Russia - Metropolitan Hilarion 22 February 2018, 11:01
- Total of 20,500 Muslims from Russia could carry out hajj in 2018 21 February 2018, 11:28
- Clergy could do for countering terrorism in Dagestan more than security services - human rights council head 21 February 2018, 11:25
- Cat who lives at the main Crimean construction site grew fat eating pancakes on Russian Maslenitsa and will observe shrimp diet 20 February 2018, 14:16
- Women killed in Kizlyar to be buried on territory of church as martyrs 20 February 2018, 11:06
- Kizlyar shooting an attempt to pit Dagestan's people, religions against one another – Vasilyev 20 February 2018, 11:04
- 82% of Russians consider unacceptable jokes about the Church 19 February 2018, 17:23
- Investigators probing Kizlyar shooter's affiliation with extremist organizations – Peskov 19 February 2018, 14:02
- Kadyrov says shocked by Kizlyar church attack 19 February 2018, 11:05
- Patriarch Kirill sees shooting in Dagestan as provocation aimed at causing discord between Orthodox, Muslims 19 February 2018, 10:39
- Patriarch tells Jordanian king about reason for meeting with pope 15 February 2018, 18:32
- Land for building a church in Portugal allotted to the Russian Orthodox Church 14 February 2018, 19:09
- Azerbaijani religious leaders to discuss Aliyev in sermons before election 14 February 2018, 16:55
- Patriarch Kirill meets with Abbas, favors preserving Jerusalem's special status 14 February 2018, 13:12
- Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis haven't planned new meeting - Metropolitan Hilarion 12 February 2018, 18:23