27 November 2015, 14:47
Russian soldiers killed in Syria were commemorated in Moscow
Moscow, November 27, Interfax - Several dozens of people prayed at the requiem service for Russian soldiers killed in Syria held at the chapel-church of Archangel Gabriel on the Khodynskoye Pole in Moscow.
Church rector priest Vasily Biksey who conducted the service said that more than hundred test aviators perished in the sky over the Khodynskoye Pole when the first Moscow aerodrome named by Frunze was located there.
"We pray for the perished pilots during every Divine liturgy. Today we add the name of the Hero of Russia Oleg Peshkov to them," he said.
The requiem service for Russian soldiers was also held at the Moscow head-quarters of the all-Russian veteran organization Boyevoye Bratstvo.
"It is always painful when your compatriots perish. People who courageously stepped forward to fight the world evil are heroes. I hope their sacrifice will not be in vain and a serious or may be even final blow on terrorists will be made," spiritual leader of the Movement for the Faith and the Fatherland Hieromonk Nikon (Belavenets) said after the service.
Father Nikon wonders why Turkey did not apologized yet but "tries to shift the blame" and says that such behavior "is not worthy of men."
A pilot of Russian Su-24 hit by the Turkish air force was recently killed in Syria together with a marine who participated in the rescue mission and was killed after MI-8 helicopter was crashed by the militants.
As was reported, Russian president Vladimir Putin signed a decree to award posthumously the commander of the hit bombardier jet Oleg Peshkov with the title of Hero of Russia, and marine Alexander Pozynich with the Order of Courage.
- Epiphany bathing held at the pole of cold in Yakutia at 63 degrees below zero 19 January 2018, 16:34
- Putin's Epiphany dip shown in media because it took place in public with many believers present - Peskov 19 January 2018, 16:13
- Putin takes part in Orthodox Epiphany bathing in Tver Region monastery 19 January 2018, 11:38
- Russian Orthodox priests to consecrate all oceans on Epiphany eve 18 January 2018, 15:58
- Continued attacks on churches of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church 17 January 2018, 16:42
- Priest Grozovsky to appeal 14-year pedophilia sentence 17 January 2018, 10:32
- Priest Grozovsky gets 14 years in high-security prison for pedophilia 17 January 2018, 10:12
- Directorate of Muslims of Uzbekistan disagrees with U.S. State Dept analysis of religious freedom in republic 15 January 2018, 16:24
- Putin's comparison of Lenin Mausoleum to veneration of holy relics not sensational - Peskov 15 January 2018, 14:08
- Putin defines New Valaam Monastery relics saved by Finland as unifying force 15 January 2018, 10:44
- Putin's words about similarity of Communism, Christianity smooth things over Lenin Mausoleum - CPRF 15 January 2018, 10:43
- Communist ideology similar to Christianity - Putin 15 January 2018, 10:00
- Russians have become more intolerant to treachery, abortions and homosexual connections for twenty years - poll 11 January 2018, 17:56
- Brother of leader of Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan calls on extremists to 'open their eyes' 11 January 2018, 17:39
- Orthodox children in Syrian Latakia received Christmas gifts from Moscow parish 09 January 2018, 18:41
- St. Petersburg among Russia's top three most popular places to spend Orthodox Christmas 09 January 2018, 14:36
- Patriarch Kirill concerned by social disintegration 07 January 2018, 16:57
- Church not going to hinder expert work on "Yekaterinburg remains" - Patriarch Kirill 07 January 2018, 16:56
- Putin offers Christmas greetings to Orthodox Christians 07 January 2018, 11:18
- Russia can have twice as many churches in 30 years - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:26
- Not less than 120 churches in Syria need to be restored - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:02
- Priestly ordination gives Feodor Konyukhov special power, his wife believes 25 December 2017, 16:31
- No one needs conflict in Donbass, it weakens all those involved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 13:06
- All conditions of prisoner exchange in Donbass approved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 11:43
- All ethnic and religious groups, parties and armed groups invited to Syrian National Dialogue Congress - Shoigu 22 December 2017, 17:40
- Scharansky is impressed by positive changes in life of Russian Jews 22 December 2017, 10:51
- Vucic invites Putin to Belgrade for 800th anniversary of autocephaly of Serbian Orthodox Church 20 December 2017, 10:43
- Governors should be evaluated for their affairs, not longevity of their rule, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 18 December 2017, 20:39
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls provocation Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel capital 18 December 2017, 16:01
- Not only Jews should participate in visits to Auschwitz, president of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia believes 18 December 2017, 14:52