27 November 2015, 14:47
Russian soldiers killed in Syria were commemorated in Moscow
Moscow, November 27, Interfax - Several dozens of people prayed at the requiem service for Russian soldiers killed in Syria held at the chapel-church of Archangel Gabriel on the Khodynskoye Pole in Moscow.
Church rector priest Vasily Biksey who conducted the service said that more than hundred test aviators perished in the sky over the Khodynskoye Pole when the first Moscow aerodrome named by Frunze was located there.
"We pray for the perished pilots during every Divine liturgy. Today we add the name of the Hero of Russia Oleg Peshkov to them," he said.
The requiem service for Russian soldiers was also held at the Moscow head-quarters of the all-Russian veteran organization Boyevoye Bratstvo.
"It is always painful when your compatriots perish. People who courageously stepped forward to fight the world evil are heroes. I hope their sacrifice will not be in vain and a serious or may be even final blow on terrorists will be made," spiritual leader of the Movement for the Faith and the Fatherland Hieromonk Nikon (Belavenets) said after the service.
Father Nikon wonders why Turkey did not apologized yet but "tries to shift the blame" and says that such behavior "is not worthy of men."
A pilot of Russian Su-24 hit by the Turkish air force was recently killed in Syria together with a marine who participated in the rescue mission and was killed after MI-8 helicopter was crashed by the militants.
As was reported, Russian president Vladimir Putin signed a decree to award posthumously the commander of the hit bombardier jet Oleg Peshkov with the title of Hero of Russia, and marine Alexander Pozynich with the Order of Courage.
- Kiev envoy goes to Istanbul with request on Ukrainian autocephaly for Ecumenical patriarch 20 April 2018, 17:35
- Catholicos of All Armenians urges protestors, police to exercise restraints 19 April 2018, 18:24
- Metropolitan Hilarion on situation in Ukraine: secular administration cannot initiate creation of autocephalous Church (updated) 19 April 2018, 14:41
- Rada speaker hopes for approval of autocephalous Ukrainian Orthodox Church by late July 19 April 2018, 14:37
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church's autocephaly is geopolitical issue – Poroshenko 19 April 2018, 14:20
- Actions aimed at dividing church are not welcome - Peskov on situation in Ukraine 19 April 2018, 12:52
- Poroshenko to phone Patriarch Bartholomew to discuss autocephaly of Ukrainian Orthodox Church 19 April 2018, 12:43
- Rada backs Poroshenko request for Ecumenical Patriarch on setting up autocephalous local Orthodox Church in Ukraine (updated) 19 April 2018, 12:04
- Identical monuments to St. John of Kronstadt will be set up in Russia, USA and Germany 18 April 2018, 19:57
- Syrian mufti plans visit to Russia 18 April 2018, 12:10
- Unity of Russian Orthodox Church must be supported by all Orthodox Churches - Metropolitan Hilarion (updated) 17 April 2018, 20:00
- The Moscow Patriarchate official urges to pray for not allowing World War III 17 April 2018, 18:58
- Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis urge world leaders to relieve tensions in international relations 17 April 2018, 18:15
- Head of House of Romanov suggests waiting patiently for results of comprehensive analysis of "Yekaterinburg remains" 16 April 2018, 10:17
- Patriarch Kirill discusses Syria with Pope Francis 16 April 2018, 09:48
- Lenin should be buried, Stalin returned to Georgia - Kadyrov 13 April 2018, 17:12
- Orthodox believers will never stand in open opposition to state authorities, head of a Synodal Department believes 12 April 2018, 17:02
- Russia rids itself of anti-Semitic image, but Jews blamed for 1917 revolution, Russian Internet full of anti-Semitic content – report 12 April 2018, 13:36
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls 'Skripal affair' a provocation aimed at weakening Russia 09 April 2018, 17:25
- Patriarch Kirill addresses Russian military in Syria on Orthodox Easter day 09 April 2018, 10:54
- Orthodox church in Kiev set on fire 06 April 2018, 14:10
- Seven-meter Easter egg will be set up in downtown Moscow 06 April 2018, 11:25
- Pope and Armenian president unveil monument to Armenian saint in Vatican Gardens 05 April 2018, 18:09
- Ethnic minorities in Iraq lost hope unlike Syrian Christians - Russian Church official 05 April 2018, 16:51
- Steven Hoking demonstrated the limits of scientific possibilities, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 05 April 2018, 10:45
- Expert on religion doubts that Mormons would be able to build a church in Russia 04 April 2018, 18:45
- Putin thanks Patriarch of Constantinople for supporting unity of the Orthodox world - Kremlin 04 April 2018, 16:59
- Russian muftis have different opinions on Wahhabism ban 03 April 2018, 10:42
- The Interreligious Council of Russia stands up for recognizing Wahhabism an extremist ideology 27 March 2018, 18:48
- May: prayers of the British people are with the families who have lost loved ones in Kemerovo 27 March 2018, 18:32