27 November 2015, 14:47
Russian soldiers killed in Syria were commemorated in Moscow
Moscow, November 27, Interfax - Several dozens of people prayed at the requiem service for Russian soldiers killed in Syria held at the chapel-church of Archangel Gabriel on the Khodynskoye Pole in Moscow.
Church rector priest Vasily Biksey who conducted the service said that more than hundred test aviators perished in the sky over the Khodynskoye Pole when the first Moscow aerodrome named by Frunze was located there.
"We pray for the perished pilots during every Divine liturgy. Today we add the name of the Hero of Russia Oleg Peshkov to them," he said.
The requiem service for Russian soldiers was also held at the Moscow head-quarters of the all-Russian veteran organization Boyevoye Bratstvo.
"It is always painful when your compatriots perish. People who courageously stepped forward to fight the world evil are heroes. I hope their sacrifice will not be in vain and a serious or may be even final blow on terrorists will be made," spiritual leader of the Movement for the Faith and the Fatherland Hieromonk Nikon (Belavenets) said after the service.
Father Nikon wonders why Turkey did not apologized yet but "tries to shift the blame" and says that such behavior "is not worthy of men."
A pilot of Russian Su-24 hit by the Turkish air force was recently killed in Syria together with a marine who participated in the rescue mission and was killed after MI-8 helicopter was crashed by the militants.
As was reported, Russian president Vladimir Putin signed a decree to award posthumously the commander of the hit bombardier jet Oleg Peshkov with the title of Hero of Russia, and marine Alexander Pozynich with the Order of Courage.
- Patriarch defrocks monastery priest for stabbing monk 23 May 2019, 20:52
- Oryol court upholds sentence for Danish Jehovah's Witness 23 May 2019, 17:11
- Drunken monk stabs brother in Holy Trinity - St. Sergius Lavra 23 May 2019, 13:18
- Problem of new cathedral construction in Yekaterinburg should be resolved through dialogue – Kremlin 23 May 2019, 12:42
- Man arrested at protest against new cathedral in Yekaterinburg goes to ECHR 23 May 2019, 12:20
- Russian Foreign Ministry confirms support to Christian communities' role in Middle East 23 May 2019, 12:18
- Authorities give up plans to build church in Yekaterinburg park after VCIOM poll 22 May 2019, 18:49
- Nalchik mosque evacuated after bomb threat 22 May 2019, 17:33
- Teen suspected of setting fire to Assumption Church in Karelia found to have mental disorder 22 May 2019, 15:57
- Provocative behavior of migrants causes nationalism, anti-Islamic terrorism - Bortnikov 21 May 2019, 11:05
- Bomb threat at Dagestan Muslim Spiritual Council HQ turns out to be hoax 21 May 2019, 11:04
- Ukrainian embassy's 'Crimean Tatars' photo is actually Lodz ghetto Jews deportation photo 21 May 2019, 11:02
- Fence at church construction site in Yekaterinburg to be torn down for peace's sake 21 May 2019, 11:01
- Muslim board evacuated in Makhachkala due to bomb threat 20 May 2019, 19:18
- Patriarch Kirill wishes Ukraine's president Zelensky successes in uniting nation 20 May 2019, 18:44
- Zelensky's words on unacceptability of Ukraine's division based on language should also apply to religion - Lavrov 20 May 2019, 16:40
- President is not an icon - Zelensky 20 May 2019, 14:25
- Patriarch Kirill calculated that without abortions population of Russia will increase up to 166 million in twenty years 20 May 2019, 14:07
- Media review: "Two-headed hydra of Ukrainian schism and the world Orthodoxy" 20 May 2019, 12:22
- Russian Orthodox Church calls on new Ukrainian authorities to stop discriminating against Russian language 20 May 2019, 11:13
- Sverdlovsk regional administration to invite people to discuss alternative sites for church construction in Yekaterinburg 20 May 2019, 11:02
- Three more arrested after Yekaterinburg church construction protest 17 May 2019, 18:53
- Yekaterinburg authorities had dialogue with residents on church before Putin said poll needed - Peskov 17 May 2019, 18:51
- Yekaterinburg mayor to meet with group of protesters against church construction in public garden 17 May 2019, 13:42
- Thirty arrested in protests against church construction in Yekaterinburg 17 May 2019, 10:59
- Opponents of building church in Yekaterinburg hurl smoke charges near Moscow patriarch's residence 16 May 2019, 22:28
- Opponents of building church again meet in downtown Yekaterinburg 16 May 2019, 19:43
- Communications Ministry: 1,300 families give up TV for religious reasons 16 May 2019, 18:40
- Potential Dalai Lama visit needs separate discussion - Putin 16 May 2019, 18:38
- Yekaterinburg mayoral office agrees to hold independent poll on building church in city square 16 May 2019, 18:33