30 November 2015, 11:07
IS behind attempt on life of well-known Kyrgyz theologian - security service
Bishkek, November 30, Interfax - The Kyrgyz law enforcement agencies and the State National Security Committee believe that the attack on a well-known republican theologian Kadyr Malikov was delivered by supporters of the Islamic State terrorist organization.
"When conducting the relevant measures the State National Security Committee and the Interior Ministry have found that supporters of the Islamic State international terrorist organization were involved in the attack on well-known theologian Malikov," the press service of the State National Security Committee told Interfax on Monday.
It said that the attempt on the life of Malikov was perpetrated by Naryn native Alibek Tilek uulu, born in 1987, and native of the Nookat District of the Osh Region Yryskul Beishenaliyev, born in 1986.
"According to the obtained information, these persons went to Kazakhstan immediately after they perpetrated the attempted assassination overnight to November 27 and then flew to Turkey," the State National Security Committee said.
The Interior Ministry put the criminals on the international wanted list.
The security service said that two accomplices of this grouping were identified and detained. Last Sunday, the searches were conducted at their residence places, where a large amount of literature with the extremist content, cold steel and ammunition were confiscated.
The national security services also jointly with the Interior Ministry are checking whether members of this grouping were implicated in the assassination of district policeman of the Oktyabrsky District Interior Ministry directorate in Bishkek.
Scholar and theologian Malikov, who is actively standing up against the religious extremism and IS, was attacked in Bishkek in the evening on November 26. Two unidentified gunmen inflicted several knife wounds to him. After Malikov was urgently given the medical aid, he said that this crime was perpetrated by the IS leadership in Syria which has contracted his assassination back in summer, as well as the assassination of his colleague from Kazakhstan for their criticism on the terrorist organization.
- Epiphany bathing held at the pole of cold in Yakutia at 63 degrees below zero 19 January 2018, 16:34
- Putin's Epiphany dip shown in media because it took place in public with many believers present - Peskov 19 January 2018, 16:13
- Putin takes part in Orthodox Epiphany bathing in Tver Region monastery 19 January 2018, 11:38
- Russian Orthodox priests to consecrate all oceans on Epiphany eve 18 January 2018, 15:58
- Continued attacks on churches of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church 17 January 2018, 16:42
- Priest Grozovsky to appeal 14-year pedophilia sentence 17 January 2018, 10:32
- Priest Grozovsky gets 14 years in high-security prison for pedophilia 17 January 2018, 10:12
- Directorate of Muslims of Uzbekistan disagrees with U.S. State Dept analysis of religious freedom in republic 15 January 2018, 16:24
- Putin's comparison of Lenin Mausoleum to veneration of holy relics not sensational - Peskov 15 January 2018, 14:08
- Putin defines New Valaam Monastery relics saved by Finland as unifying force 15 January 2018, 10:44
- Putin's words about similarity of Communism, Christianity smooth things over Lenin Mausoleum - CPRF 15 January 2018, 10:43
- Communist ideology similar to Christianity - Putin 15 January 2018, 10:00
- Russians have become more intolerant to treachery, abortions and homosexual connections for twenty years - poll 11 January 2018, 17:56
- Brother of leader of Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan calls on extremists to 'open their eyes' 11 January 2018, 17:39
- Orthodox children in Syrian Latakia received Christmas gifts from Moscow parish 09 January 2018, 18:41
- St. Petersburg among Russia's top three most popular places to spend Orthodox Christmas 09 January 2018, 14:36
- Patriarch Kirill concerned by social disintegration 07 January 2018, 16:57
- Church not going to hinder expert work on "Yekaterinburg remains" - Patriarch Kirill 07 January 2018, 16:56
- Putin offers Christmas greetings to Orthodox Christians 07 January 2018, 11:18
- Russia can have twice as many churches in 30 years - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:26
- Not less than 120 churches in Syria need to be restored - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:02
- Priestly ordination gives Feodor Konyukhov special power, his wife believes 25 December 2017, 16:31
- No one needs conflict in Donbass, it weakens all those involved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 13:06
- All conditions of prisoner exchange in Donbass approved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 11:43
- All ethnic and religious groups, parties and armed groups invited to Syrian National Dialogue Congress - Shoigu 22 December 2017, 17:40
- Scharansky is impressed by positive changes in life of Russian Jews 22 December 2017, 10:51
- Vucic invites Putin to Belgrade for 800th anniversary of autocephaly of Serbian Orthodox Church 20 December 2017, 10:43
- Governors should be evaluated for their affairs, not longevity of their rule, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 18 December 2017, 20:39
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls provocation Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel capital 18 December 2017, 16:01
- Not only Jews should participate in visits to Auschwitz, president of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia believes 18 December 2017, 14:52