30 November 2015, 11:07
IS behind attempt on life of well-known Kyrgyz theologian - security service
Bishkek, November 30, Interfax - The Kyrgyz law enforcement agencies and the State National Security Committee believe that the attack on a well-known republican theologian Kadyr Malikov was delivered by supporters of the Islamic State terrorist organization.
"When conducting the relevant measures the State National Security Committee and the Interior Ministry have found that supporters of the Islamic State international terrorist organization were involved in the attack on well-known theologian Malikov," the press service of the State National Security Committee told Interfax on Monday.
It said that the attempt on the life of Malikov was perpetrated by Naryn native Alibek Tilek uulu, born in 1987, and native of the Nookat District of the Osh Region Yryskul Beishenaliyev, born in 1986.
"According to the obtained information, these persons went to Kazakhstan immediately after they perpetrated the attempted assassination overnight to November 27 and then flew to Turkey," the State National Security Committee said.
The Interior Ministry put the criminals on the international wanted list.
The security service said that two accomplices of this grouping were identified and detained. Last Sunday, the searches were conducted at their residence places, where a large amount of literature with the extremist content, cold steel and ammunition were confiscated.
The national security services also jointly with the Interior Ministry are checking whether members of this grouping were implicated in the assassination of district policeman of the Oktyabrsky District Interior Ministry directorate in Bishkek.
Scholar and theologian Malikov, who is actively standing up against the religious extremism and IS, was attacked in Bishkek in the evening on November 26. Two unidentified gunmen inflicted several knife wounds to him. After Malikov was urgently given the medical aid, he said that this crime was perpetrated by the IS leadership in Syria which has contracted his assassination back in summer, as well as the assassination of his colleague from Kazakhstan for their criticism on the terrorist organization.
- The Russian Church about return of “Russian exarchate” parishes under its jurisdiction: a long way is almost accomplished 14 September 2019, 21:29
- Head of "Russian exarchate" of Constantinople joins Russian Orthodox Church 14 September 2019, 18:44
- Imam Velitov, convicted for justification of terrorism, leaves colony in Astrakhan 13 September 2019, 16:52
- Ukrainian court freezes "Kiev Patriarchate" liquidation 12 September 2019, 20:25
- Priest Alexander Volkov dismissed from the post of patriarchal press secretary 12 September 2019, 20:22
- Orthodox Businessman Malofeyev to leave A Just Russia 6 months after joining it 12 September 2019, 17:23
- Common moral, ethical values of all religions in Russia ensure state stability of country - Putin 12 September 2019, 17:21
- Guilt of men charged with attempted murder of Imam Chumakov unproven - Ingushetia jury 11 September 2019, 10:53
- State Dept. announces sanctions against 2 high-ranking Surgut investigators over Jehovah's Witnesses case (updated) 10 September 2019, 18:48
- The Russian Church official call modern Russian men a "national tragedy" 09 September 2019, 11:56
- The Russian Church will accept communities of the "Russian exarchate" ready to join it 09 September 2019, 11:20
- Russian Orthodox Church to continue reunification consultations with "Russian exarchate" 09 September 2019, 11:00
- Russian Jews to unveil monument to Roma victims of Nazism 05 September 2019, 16:00
- Jerusalem Patriarch takes the side of Russian Church in the "Ukrainian question" 05 September 2019, 15:57
- Constantinople appoints head of "Russian exarchate" a metropolitan responsible for establishing new church in Ukraine 05 September 2019, 13:06
- "Russian exarchate" in Europe refused to subordinate to Constantinople 04 September 2019, 10:54
- Some 40,000 Hasidic pilgrims expected to attend Rosh Hashanah celebration in Ukraine 03 September 2019, 11:07
- ROC metropolitan denies Constantinople accusations of non-canonical actions of the Moscow Patriarchate in Southeast Asia 29 August 2019, 15:43
- World Union of Old Believers set up in Moscow 29 August 2019, 13:05
- Holocaust victims monument vandalized in southern Ukraine 28 August 2019, 16:58
- Monument to Ukrainian nationalists unveiled at Jewish cemetery in Lvov Region 26 August 2019, 19:45
- Poroshenko warns of ongoing attacks on Ukrainian army, language, faith 26 August 2019, 17:13
- Founder of Russian icon museum - among victims of helicopter crash in Greece 22 August 2019, 12:50
- Al-Assad asks for Russian language teachers in Syria to counter Western culture and Wahhabism - Russian MP 20 August 2019, 15:28
- Ukraine has made a great contribution to combating antisemitism - Netanyahu 19 August 2019, 18:19
- Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church ceases to exist 14 August 2019, 20:12
- Over 60% of Russians identify as Orthodox, 1 out of every 6 is atheist - poll 14 August 2019, 13:51
- Russian Orthodox Church offers "Russian exarchate" to join it preserving its statute and traditions 12 August 2019, 15:33
- Gay couple with adopted children can't return to Russia yet - rights activists 12 August 2019, 14:53
- Zelensky discusses Crimea, Donbass with Patriarch Bartholomew 09 August 2019, 11:58