30 November 2015, 11:07
IS behind attempt on life of well-known Kyrgyz theologian - security service
Bishkek, November 30, Interfax - The Kyrgyz law enforcement agencies and the State National Security Committee believe that the attack on a well-known republican theologian Kadyr Malikov was delivered by supporters of the Islamic State terrorist organization.
"When conducting the relevant measures the State National Security Committee and the Interior Ministry have found that supporters of the Islamic State international terrorist organization were involved in the attack on well-known theologian Malikov," the press service of the State National Security Committee told Interfax on Monday.
It said that the attempt on the life of Malikov was perpetrated by Naryn native Alibek Tilek uulu, born in 1987, and native of the Nookat District of the Osh Region Yryskul Beishenaliyev, born in 1986.
"According to the obtained information, these persons went to Kazakhstan immediately after they perpetrated the attempted assassination overnight to November 27 and then flew to Turkey," the State National Security Committee said.
The Interior Ministry put the criminals on the international wanted list.
The security service said that two accomplices of this grouping were identified and detained. Last Sunday, the searches were conducted at their residence places, where a large amount of literature with the extremist content, cold steel and ammunition were confiscated.
The national security services also jointly with the Interior Ministry are checking whether members of this grouping were implicated in the assassination of district policeman of the Oktyabrsky District Interior Ministry directorate in Bishkek.
Scholar and theologian Malikov, who is actively standing up against the religious extremism and IS, was attacked in Bishkek in the evening on November 26. Two unidentified gunmen inflicted several knife wounds to him. After Malikov was urgently given the medical aid, he said that this crime was perpetrated by the IS leadership in Syria which has contracted his assassination back in summer, as well as the assassination of his colleague from Kazakhstan for their criticism on the terrorist organization.
- Ukraine to allow church services indoors on June 5 03 June 2020, 15:39
- Case involving organization of Jehovah's Witnesses group being investigated in Moscow Region 03 June 2020, 13:47
- Shaman Gabyshev involuntarily committed for indefinite period - rights activists 02 June 2020, 19:40
- World Russian People's Council calls on EU leaders to defend Russians' right to study in Ukrainian schools in their native language 02 June 2020, 18:27
- Moscow churches to reopen on June 6 (updated) 01 June 2020, 18:39
- Archbishop Giovanni d'Aniello appointed Vatican's new ambassador to Russia 01 June 2020, 14:05
- Chuvash metropolitan dies of coronavirus 01 June 2020, 12:07
- Russian army's main church due to open on June 22 29 May 2020, 17:38
- The quarantine time is optimal for spiritual growth, Patriarch Kirill believes 29 May 2020, 13:10
- Defense team of Yakutia's shaman Gabyshev challenges his commitment to psychiatric hospital in court 29 May 2020, 11:50
- Trial of Aum Shinrikyo's Russian cell head begins in Rostov-on-Don 27 May 2020, 21:23
- Siberian hermit Agafya Lykova does not know much about coronavirus, but prays for the sick 27 May 2020, 18:17
- The Protection Monastery in Moscow with St. Matrona relics opened for parishioners in spite of the acting ban of Russian Church 27 May 2020, 17:04
- Yekaterinburg diocese bans services of priest who cursed those who close churches over pandemic 27 May 2020, 11:17
- Defense team for Yakutia's shaman Gabyshev asks ECHR for urgent effort toward his release 26 May 2020, 13:56
- Chief rabbi of Russia believes attention to our neighbors to be the main achievement of the pandemic 25 May 2020, 16:12
- Coronavirus may be part of biopsychological war - Russian Orthodox Church 25 May 2020, 15:09
- Kiev Lavra of the Caves reopens following quarantine 25 May 2020, 14:03
- Police talked to Metropolitan Longin of Saratov as he came to the market without a mask 22 May 2020, 18:08
- Chairman of coordination center of North Caucasus Muslims hospitalized in Moscow 22 May 2020, 18:07
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia to deliver 240 tons of Kosher food to those in need 22 May 2020, 17:43
- Russian Orthodox Church speaker calls its financial situation extremely difficult 22 May 2020, 16:52
- St. Petersburg's Evening Light charity to appeal designation of U.S. preacher Branham's materials as extremist 22 May 2020, 13:38
- Russian Orthodox Church organizes donation of blood from people who recovered from coronavirus 21 May 2020, 16:47
- Moldovan PM, in response to Synod's threats, calls for praying for Orthodox clergy's clarity of mind 21 May 2020, 12:55
- Muslims of Tatarstan to celebrate Eid al-Fitr in their homes 21 May 2020, 10:22
- Russian Orthodox Church yet to decide whether Patriarch Kirill will visit Serbia in Oct 20 May 2020, 19:50
- Moldovan Orthodox Church says Bill Gates, 5G dangerous for mankind 20 May 2020, 19:46
- Rabbi Lazar believes pandemic is a result of people's disassociation 20 May 2020, 13:35
- Archpriest Dimitry Smirnov recovered from coronavirus 19 May 2020, 21:04