30 November 2015, 11:07
IS behind attempt on life of well-known Kyrgyz theologian - security service
Bishkek, November 30, Interfax - The Kyrgyz law enforcement agencies and the State National Security Committee believe that the attack on a well-known republican theologian Kadyr Malikov was delivered by supporters of the Islamic State terrorist organization.
"When conducting the relevant measures the State National Security Committee and the Interior Ministry have found that supporters of the Islamic State international terrorist organization were involved in the attack on well-known theologian Malikov," the press service of the State National Security Committee told Interfax on Monday.
It said that the attempt on the life of Malikov was perpetrated by Naryn native Alibek Tilek uulu, born in 1987, and native of the Nookat District of the Osh Region Yryskul Beishenaliyev, born in 1986.
"According to the obtained information, these persons went to Kazakhstan immediately after they perpetrated the attempted assassination overnight to November 27 and then flew to Turkey," the State National Security Committee said.
The Interior Ministry put the criminals on the international wanted list.
The security service said that two accomplices of this grouping were identified and detained. Last Sunday, the searches were conducted at their residence places, where a large amount of literature with the extremist content, cold steel and ammunition were confiscated.
The national security services also jointly with the Interior Ministry are checking whether members of this grouping were implicated in the assassination of district policeman of the Oktyabrsky District Interior Ministry directorate in Bishkek.
Scholar and theologian Malikov, who is actively standing up against the religious extremism and IS, was attacked in Bishkek in the evening on November 26. Two unidentified gunmen inflicted several knife wounds to him. After Malikov was urgently given the medical aid, he said that this crime was perpetrated by the IS leadership in Syria which has contracted his assassination back in summer, as well as the assassination of his colleague from Kazakhstan for their criticism on the terrorist organization.
- The Russian Church warns Constantinople about probable awkward situation its officials can face in Kiev on the Day of Russia's Baptism 17 July 2019, 18:36
- Metropolitan Hilarion doesn't consider Moscow "the third Rome" 15 July 2019, 12:10
- Church split isn't matter for Russian, Ukrainian presidents - Russian Orthodox Church 15 July 2019, 11:16
- Rights of sexual minorities should not be violated in Russia – Moskalkova 10 July 2019, 14:10
- Priest's statement that women are less smart than men is nonsense - Russian human rights council head 10 July 2019, 11:50
- Holy Synod of Russian Church speaks out against split of Serbian Church in Montenegro 10 July 2019, 10:38
- Lukashenko denies rumors of secret talks he might have with Putin in Valaam 09 July 2019, 12:25
- Almost half of Jewish Europeans considering emigrating over antisemitism - report 08 July 2019, 18:41
- Women less smart than men - head of patriarch's commission 08 July 2019, 17:46
- Filaret 'Moscow's ally' - Orthodox Church of Ukraine 08 July 2019, 17:44
- Georgian priests demand square before parliament be cleared of protesters' banners 08 July 2019, 13:19
- Georgian LGBT community calls off Tbilisi action due to threats 08 July 2019, 12:06
- Putin speaks of pope's favorite writers, Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy 05 July 2019, 13:20
- Pope hails Russia's efforts to protect Christian holy places in Syria – Peskov 05 July 2019, 13:09
- Putin, Pope Francis did not discuss latter's visit to Russia – Peskov 05 July 2019, 13:07
- Putin talked with Pope Francis about protection of Christians in Syria 05 July 2019, 12:14
- Names of submariners killed in Barents Sea to be perpetuated on Kronstadt Naval Cathedral's walls 04 July 2019, 18:28
- Russian Orthodox Church hails contacts between Putin, Vatican 04 July 2019, 17:54
- Putin - Pope Francis meeting lasted exactly one hour (updated) 04 July 2019, 17:06
- Inviting Pope to Russia not to be raised during Putin's visit to Vatican - Ushakov 03 July 2019, 18:22
- Putin in Vatican to discuss restoration of Christian shrines in Syria, Roman Church's humanitarian projects in Donbas, Venezuela 03 July 2019, 18:20
- Filaret declares tomos granted by Constantinople to Ukraine false 02 July 2019, 18:03
- Peskov unaware whether Putin plans to invite Pope to Russia 01 July 2019, 14:39
- The Russian Orthodox Church condemns the law on bishops’ citizenship adopted in Latvia 01 July 2019, 13:29
- Soil from royal family burial site in Yekaterinburg to be re-examined - Memorial of Romanovs foundation 01 July 2019, 10:55
- Elton John musical genius but errs on issue of attitudes towards gays in Russia – Putin 01 July 2019, 10:39
- Russian Orthodox Church offers to set up the rights of embryo in legislation 28 June 2019, 17:35
- Ukraine is turning in Waterloo for Patriarch Bartholomew, the Russian church official believes 28 June 2019, 17:32
- Russian Orthodox Church can change its statute to include Russian exarchate of Constantinople 28 June 2019, 14:12
- Synod of Ukraine's new church deprives Filaret of right to run Kiev Diocese 24 June 2019, 17:53