30 November 2015, 11:07
IS behind attempt on life of well-known Kyrgyz theologian - security service
Bishkek, November 30, Interfax - The Kyrgyz law enforcement agencies and the State National Security Committee believe that the attack on a well-known republican theologian Kadyr Malikov was delivered by supporters of the Islamic State terrorist organization.
"When conducting the relevant measures the State National Security Committee and the Interior Ministry have found that supporters of the Islamic State international terrorist organization were involved in the attack on well-known theologian Malikov," the press service of the State National Security Committee told Interfax on Monday.
It said that the attempt on the life of Malikov was perpetrated by Naryn native Alibek Tilek uulu, born in 1987, and native of the Nookat District of the Osh Region Yryskul Beishenaliyev, born in 1986.
"According to the obtained information, these persons went to Kazakhstan immediately after they perpetrated the attempted assassination overnight to November 27 and then flew to Turkey," the State National Security Committee said.
The Interior Ministry put the criminals on the international wanted list.
The security service said that two accomplices of this grouping were identified and detained. Last Sunday, the searches were conducted at their residence places, where a large amount of literature with the extremist content, cold steel and ammunition were confiscated.
The national security services also jointly with the Interior Ministry are checking whether members of this grouping were implicated in the assassination of district policeman of the Oktyabrsky District Interior Ministry directorate in Bishkek.
Scholar and theologian Malikov, who is actively standing up against the religious extremism and IS, was attacked in Bishkek in the evening on November 26. Two unidentified gunmen inflicted several knife wounds to him. After Malikov was urgently given the medical aid, he said that this crime was perpetrated by the IS leadership in Syria which has contracted his assassination back in summer, as well as the assassination of his colleague from Kazakhstan for their criticism on the terrorist organization.
- Provocative behavior of migrants causes nationalism, anti-Islamic terrorism - Bortnikov 21 May 2019, 11:05
- Bomb threat at Dagestan Muslim Spiritual Council HQ turns out to be hoax 21 May 2019, 11:04
- Ukrainian embassy's 'Crimean Tatars' photo is actually Lodz ghetto Jews deportation photo 21 May 2019, 11:02
- Fence at church construction site in Yekaterinburg to be torn down for peace's sake 21 May 2019, 11:01
- Muslim board evacuated in Makhachkala due to bomb threat 20 May 2019, 19:18
- Patriarch Kirill wishes Ukraine's president Zelensky successes in uniting nation 20 May 2019, 18:44
- Zelensky's words on unacceptability of Ukraine's division based on language should also apply to religion - Lavrov 20 May 2019, 16:40
- President is not an icon - Zelensky 20 May 2019, 14:25
- Patriarch Kirill calculated that without abortions population of Russia will increase up to 166 million in twenty years 20 May 2019, 14:07
- Media review: "Two-headed hydra of Ukrainian schism and the world Orthodoxy" 20 May 2019, 12:22
- Russian Orthodox Church calls on new Ukrainian authorities to stop discriminating against Russian language 20 May 2019, 11:13
- Sverdlovsk regional administration to invite people to discuss alternative sites for church construction in Yekaterinburg 20 May 2019, 11:02
- Three more arrested after Yekaterinburg church construction protest 17 May 2019, 18:53
- Yekaterinburg authorities had dialogue with residents on church before Putin said poll needed - Peskov 17 May 2019, 18:51
- Yekaterinburg mayor to meet with group of protesters against church construction in public garden 17 May 2019, 13:42
- Thirty arrested in protests against church construction in Yekaterinburg 17 May 2019, 10:59
- Opponents of building church in Yekaterinburg hurl smoke charges near Moscow patriarch's residence 16 May 2019, 22:28
- Opponents of building church again meet in downtown Yekaterinburg 16 May 2019, 19:43
- Communications Ministry: 1,300 families give up TV for religious reasons 16 May 2019, 18:40
- Potential Dalai Lama visit needs separate discussion - Putin 16 May 2019, 18:38
- Yekaterinburg mayoral office agrees to hold independent poll on building church in city square 16 May 2019, 18:33
- Police report detention of further 70 protesters against Yekaterinburg church construction 16 May 2019, 18:19
- Putin proposes polling residents on Yekaterinburg church construction 16 May 2019, 18:17
- Law enforcers responded to provocation during Yekaterinburg protest, use of force justified - Peskov (updated) 16 May 2019, 13:44
- Kremlin denies rumors that church construction in Yekaterinburg part of big construction plan 16 May 2019, 13:17
- Moscow mayor's office doesn't allow LGBT pride parade, rallies 16 May 2019, 11:18
- Court arrests over 20 participants in protest against new church in Yekaterinburg 16 May 2019, 11:15
- Protests against church construction in downtown Yekaterinburg continue for third night in row 15 May 2019, 19:15
- Kremlin doesn't approve of law breaches in church construction protests in Yekaterinburg 15 May 2019, 16:04
- Orthodox priest advises females who found no husband in Russia to move abroad 15 May 2019, 14:57