01 December 2015, 15:28
Islamist group involving Russian detained in Kyrgyzstan
Bishkek, December 1, Interfax - The Kyrgyz State Committee for National Security has stopped the activity of a group of the Hizb ut-Tahrir extremist religious organization involving a Russian citizen, a representative of the committee press service has told Interfax.
"The illegal activity of a clandestine Hizb ut-Tahrir cell was stopped on Tuesday within the framework of measures counteracting religious extremism in the city of Bishkek and the Chui Region," he said.
"Two citizens of Kyrgyzstan and one citizen of Russia were detained in that operation; a criminal case was opened against them and an inquiry started," the representative said.
In his words, members of the Hizb ut-Tahrir group were actively spreading radical ideology and forcing young people to join the extremist organization. More than 600 copies of extremist books and electronic media containing similar information were seized from the detainees in the course of the searches.
Hizb ut-Tahrir al Islami was set up in Palestine in 1953. Its supporters call for deposition of governments in Central Asian countries and the creation of one Islamic Caliphate. Russia and other CIS countries have classified this party as a terrorist organization, unlike the United States and Western Europe where Hizb ut-Tahrir has operated unimpeded.
Members of Hizb ut-Tahrir were most actively involved in staging provocations against Muslims, including attempted coups in Syria, Egypt, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and elsewhere.
Russia's Supreme Court recognized Hizb ut-Tahrir al Islami as a terrorist organization on February 14, 2003 and banned it in Russia.
- Extremism case opened against 5 members of Jehovah's Witnesses in Syktyvkar 04 March 2021, 13:15
- Putin orders Interior Ministry to prosecute provocateurs, suppress all manifestations of extremism 03 March 2021, 16:25
- Kremlin not commenting on end of discussion about monument on Lubyanskaya Square - Peskov 01 March 2021, 14:19
- Moscow Mayor Sobyanin proposes to leave Lubyanskaya Square as it is for now 26 February 2021, 22:42
- Acting leader of Abkhazian Diocese is member of Georgian Church - Georgian Patriarchate 26 February 2021, 17:44
- Search underway on premises of Sredneuralsky Convent 26 February 2021, 17:41
- Defrocked priest Sergy's pretrial detention extended until end of spring 26 February 2021, 10:00
- Armenian Apostolic Church urges politicians to start talks 25 February 2021, 15:04
- Omsk resident fined 375,000 rubles for excusing terror attack in New Zealand 25 February 2021, 11:48
- Yakutian shaman Gabyshev charged with violence against police officer 25 February 2021, 10:45
- Meeting between Russian patriarch, Pope doesn't improve Christians' position in Middle East contrary to expectations - Metropolitan Hilarion 24 February 2021, 10:00
- Muscovites will choose between monuments to Dzerzhinsky, Alexander Nevsky on Lubyanka Square 20 February 2021, 10:03
- Former schema-monk Sergy admits giving bribe amounting to 'millions of dollars' 18 February 2021, 16:30
- World Russian People's Council backs idea of Ivan III monument on Lubyanka Square in Moscow 18 February 2021, 16:11
- FJCR suggests reinstalling fountain at Lubyanka 18 February 2021, 15:30
- Suspected organizer of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Russia's Kemerovo region placed under house arrest 17 February 2021, 14:11
- Police detain man who splashed Holocaust monument in Yerevan with paint 17 February 2021, 13:44
- The giant castle of corona cannibal to be burned in Russia on Maslenitsa 17 February 2021, 12:08
- Lawyers' association supports bill limiting surrogate motherhood in Russia 17 February 2021, 10:00
- FSB detain people suspected of financing ISIL under guise of donations to mosques in Crimea, Tatarstan 16 February 2021, 15:19
- World Union of Old Believers backs idea to place Ivan III monument on Moscow's Lubyanka Square 16 February 2021, 09:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion concerned by detention on non-participants in unsanctioned rallies 15 February 2021, 09:17
- Moscow court arrests 2 Jehovah's Witnesses 15 February 2021, 09:15
- Foreign Intelligence Service head compares those who insult WWII veterans to Nazi collaborators 12 February 2021, 11:53
- Congress of the Leaders of World and Traditional Religions in Kazakhstan postponed to next year 12 February 2021, 11:07
- Sputnik V vaccine halal - Gamaleya Center expert 12 February 2021, 10:03
- Court denies former schema hegumen Sergy right to participate in dispute over church on territory of Sredneuralsky Convent 10 February 2021, 20:39
- Several organizers of Jehovah's Witnesses cell detained in Moscow 10 February 2021, 11:43
- Resident of Russia's Dagestan jailed for 10 years for killing local rabbi 10 February 2021, 11:14
- Tajik authorities classify sentence of opposition Islamic party leader 09 February 2021, 17:35