01 December 2015, 15:28
Islamist group involving Russian detained in Kyrgyzstan
Bishkek, December 1, Interfax - The Kyrgyz State Committee for National Security has stopped the activity of a group of the Hizb ut-Tahrir extremist religious organization involving a Russian citizen, a representative of the committee press service has told Interfax.
"The illegal activity of a clandestine Hizb ut-Tahrir cell was stopped on Tuesday within the framework of measures counteracting religious extremism in the city of Bishkek and the Chui Region," he said.
"Two citizens of Kyrgyzstan and one citizen of Russia were detained in that operation; a criminal case was opened against them and an inquiry started," the representative said.
In his words, members of the Hizb ut-Tahrir group were actively spreading radical ideology and forcing young people to join the extremist organization. More than 600 copies of extremist books and electronic media containing similar information were seized from the detainees in the course of the searches.
Hizb ut-Tahrir al Islami was set up in Palestine in 1953. Its supporters call for deposition of governments in Central Asian countries and the creation of one Islamic Caliphate. Russia and other CIS countries have classified this party as a terrorist organization, unlike the United States and Western Europe where Hizb ut-Tahrir has operated unimpeded.
Members of Hizb ut-Tahrir were most actively involved in staging provocations against Muslims, including attempted coups in Syria, Egypt, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and elsewhere.
Russia's Supreme Court recognized Hizb ut-Tahrir al Islami as a terrorist organization on February 14, 2003 and banned it in Russia.
- Parishioners of the "Russian exarchate" in Paris enthusiastic about joining the Russian Orthodox Church 16 September 2019, 17:45
- Return of 'Russian exarchate' became possible due to radical changes in Russian Church, Russia in general - Patriarch Kirill 16 September 2019, 16:26
- Russian Orthodox Church denies rumors that head of Russian Church Abroad is missing 16 September 2019, 16:25
- Israel condemns defacing of monument to Holocaust victims in Ukraine's Nikolaev Region, demands perpetrators be punished 16 September 2019, 13:20
- The Russian Church about return of “Russian exarchate” parishes under its jurisdiction: a long way is almost accomplished 14 September 2019, 21:29
- Head of "Russian exarchate" of Constantinople joins Russian Orthodox Church 14 September 2019, 18:44
- Imam Velitov, convicted for justification of terrorism, leaves colony in Astrakhan 13 September 2019, 16:52
- Ukrainian court freezes "Kiev Patriarchate" liquidation 12 September 2019, 20:25
- Priest Alexander Volkov dismissed from the post of patriarchal press secretary 12 September 2019, 20:22
- Orthodox Businessman Malofeyev to leave A Just Russia 6 months after joining it 12 September 2019, 17:23
- Common moral, ethical values of all religions in Russia ensure state stability of country - Putin 12 September 2019, 17:21
- Guilt of men charged with attempted murder of Imam Chumakov unproven - Ingushetia jury 11 September 2019, 10:53
- State Dept. announces sanctions against 2 high-ranking Surgut investigators over Jehovah's Witnesses case (updated) 10 September 2019, 18:48
- The Russian Church official call modern Russian men a "national tragedy" 09 September 2019, 11:56
- The Russian Church will accept communities of the "Russian exarchate" ready to join it 09 September 2019, 11:20
- Russian Orthodox Church to continue reunification consultations with "Russian exarchate" 09 September 2019, 11:00
- Russian Jews to unveil monument to Roma victims of Nazism 05 September 2019, 16:00
- Jerusalem Patriarch takes the side of Russian Church in the "Ukrainian question" 05 September 2019, 15:57
- Constantinople appoints head of "Russian exarchate" a metropolitan responsible for establishing new church in Ukraine 05 September 2019, 13:06
- "Russian exarchate" in Europe refused to subordinate to Constantinople 04 September 2019, 10:54
- Some 40,000 Hasidic pilgrims expected to attend Rosh Hashanah celebration in Ukraine 03 September 2019, 11:07
- ROC metropolitan denies Constantinople accusations of non-canonical actions of the Moscow Patriarchate in Southeast Asia 29 August 2019, 15:43
- World Union of Old Believers set up in Moscow 29 August 2019, 13:05
- Holocaust victims monument vandalized in southern Ukraine 28 August 2019, 16:58
- Monument to Ukrainian nationalists unveiled at Jewish cemetery in Lvov Region 26 August 2019, 19:45
- Poroshenko warns of ongoing attacks on Ukrainian army, language, faith 26 August 2019, 17:13
- Founder of Russian icon museum - among victims of helicopter crash in Greece 22 August 2019, 12:50
- Al-Assad asks for Russian language teachers in Syria to counter Western culture and Wahhabism - Russian MP 20 August 2019, 15:28
- Ukraine has made a great contribution to combating antisemitism - Netanyahu 19 August 2019, 18:19
- Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church ceases to exist 14 August 2019, 20:12