22 April 2016, 11:24
Orthodox believers in Krasnodar achieved cancelling the concert of musicians from the USA and Austria
*** Krasnodar authorities consider their works a promotion of Satanism
Krasnodar, April 22, Interfax - Planned on April 23 concert of rock groups Belphegor (Austria) and Nile (USA) was cancelled after protests of Orthodox believers.
"You can return your tickets in the ticket office. The concert is cancelled. Everyone who does not want to return tickets can visit any event during the year," administration of the Arena Hall concert platform informed.
The reason for abolishing the concert was the the demand of the Krasnodar administration, received on the eve.
"Direct promotion of inferiority of those who belong to Christianity or Islam is seen in songs of these groups, and on the contrary they proclaim "force," "strength," and "supremacy" of those who adhere to Satanism, oppose God and Allah. <...> We consider it impossible to hold this event," head of the Administration on Cooperation with Law Enforcement Agencies from the city administration Viktor Kosenko said in his letter.
The official also points out that municipal authorities received appeals from public religious organizations with demands to cancel the planned concert.
It was earlier reported that the Orthodox Union public organization coordinated with city authorities a rally against tour Тhe flaming Arts festival with participation of Belphegor и Nile on April 23.
Initiator of the action Roman Plyuta told Interfax that musicians voice insulting comments about Christ, prophet Mohamed, Christians and Muslims.
Тhe flaming Arts festival tour was to be hold in April in St. Petersburg, Moscow, Yekaterinburg and Krasnodar.
- Russia's historical mission is to keep Europe from breaking away from the Christian tradition - Foreign Intelligence Service chief 22 October 2019, 11:54
- Liberalism not useful for Russians - Russian Orthodox Church's rep 18 October 2019, 18:55
- Ukraine's chief rabbi demands that perpetrators, organizers of anti-Semitic provocation in Kiev be brought to justice 18 October 2019, 15:56
- Russian parish in Miami goes over to Constantinople Patriarchate 18 October 2019, 15:28
- Patriarch Kirill compares abortion practice to pagan sacrifices 18 October 2019, 15:26
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russians to support ROC on situation with division in global Orthodoxy 18 October 2019, 15:22
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57