22 April 2016, 11:25
Russian and Catholic Church to hold an action to help Syrian children
Moscow, April 22, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate together with Catholics realizes the programs of helping Syria.
"There are objectives that can be reached: to form informational background on eliminated or destroyed shrines in Syria - monasteries, churches, parochial houses and to hold an action in the end of the year in favor of children of Syria, in the city of Homs. We will coordinate it and look what will come out of it," official of the international Catholic charities foundation Church in Need Pyotr Gumenyuk said at a Moscow press conference.
Delegation of the Russian Orthodox Church, the Roman Catholic Church and the mentioned foundation visited Lebanon and Syria early in April, they met with leaders of major Christian confessions of the regions, visited refugees camps, hold seminars.
Secretary for Inter-Christian Affairs of the Synodal Department for External Church Relation hieromonk Stefan (Igumnov) said that the detailed list of destroyed and damaged religious objects had already been formed, and there was an understanding how to realize this joint project.
"It certainly takes some time and additional interaction with local Christians, but contact for such interaction was already set up during our trip," he said stressing that the most important part of reviving Syria should be restoration of shrines.
Head of the Catholic Archdiocese of the Mother of God in Moscow Archbishop Paolo Pezzi said: "This trip allowed us to carry out the first concrete step after meeting of Pope Francis of Rome and Patriarch Kirill in Havana. It is the first event that comes out of this meeting (it focused on protection of Middle East Christians - IF).
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12
- Friday prayers cancelled in Moscow's mosques 20 March 2020, 13:33
- Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques 19 March 2020, 19:02
- Russian Orthodox Church does not exclude usage of plastic spoons for Communion 18 March 2020, 16:43
- Chief rabbi of Russia closes his synagogue 18 March 2020, 14:12
- Russian Synod orders increased sanitary measures at all dioceses with coronavirus 18 March 2020, 10:40
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives bomb threat on Tue 18 March 2020, 10:38
- Russian Church introduces exceptional measures for coronavirus prevention 17 March 2020, 19:00
- Leader of Pentecostals considers coronavirus a sign of coming Apocalypse 17 March 2020, 14:46
- Moscow's stance on Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem deals with reinstatement of Russia's property rights - Russian Embassy in Israel 17 March 2020, 11:12
- Rectors of Moscow churches will help elderly parishioners to buy and deliver food to their homes 17 March 2020, 11:08
- Russian Orthodox Church won't abolish liturgies even if coronavirus spreads 17 March 2020, 11:05
- Russian Church urges not to panic because of coronavirus 17 March 2020, 11:03
- Moldova closes churches 13 March 2020, 19:56
- Russian Jews reject idea that coronavirus sign of world ending 13 March 2020, 16:22
- Russian Orthodox Church denies coronavirus impact on Patriarch Kirill's foreign travel schedule 13 March 2020, 14:42