19 August 2016, 18:09
Putin appoints renowned religious expert Olga Vasilyeva a new Education and Science Minister
Sevastopol, August 19, Interfax - Russian President Vladimir Putin has agreed with the proposal made by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to appoint presidential administration official Olga Vasilyeva Russia's new education and science minister, Dmitry Livanov will become special presidential envoy on trade and economic relations with Ukraine.
"OK, we'll do so, I agree," Putin said, responding to a relevant proposal voiced by Medvedev at a working meeting held at the Belbek Airport on Friday.
Olga Yuriyevna Vasilyeva (born in 1960) is a professor of History, PhD on History. She got her first education at the choir and conducting department of the Moscow State Institute of Culture, then she graduated from the History Department of the Moscow Pedagogical Institute and Department of the International Relations of the Diplomatic Academy. In 1987-1990 she studied at the post-graduate department of the Russian History Institute at the Russian Academy of Sciences.
In 1990, she wrote a PhD thesis on "Soviet State and Patriotic Work of the Russian Orthodox Church in the years of World War II," and in 1999 she wrote a doctoral dissertation on "The Russian Orthodox Church in Policy of the Soviet State in 1943-1948."
From 1991 to 2002 she worked in the Center of Religion and Church History at the Institute of Russian History of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
From 2002 she chaired the Department of Religious Studies of the Russian State Academy of Public Service at the Russian President. She is a member of the Council on preparing programs on Russian History at the Russian Education and Science Ministry, member of the Committee on affairs of religious associations at Russian government. She is an author of about 150 scientific works, including seven monographs.
She is a deputy chairman of the public projects branch at the Russian Presidential Administration.
- Patriarch Kirill to cease liturgical commemoration of Patriarch of Alexandria - Moscow Patriarchate spokesman 08 November 2019, 17:41
- Jihadists prepare lone terrorists in the social networks - FSB chief 07 November 2019, 18:40
- Latvian Orthodox Church denies rumors about transition to Constantinople jurisdiction 07 November 2019, 14:54
- The synagogue near Moscow wins international award 07 November 2019, 14:22
- Lavrov blames U.S. for split of the Orthodox world 06 November 2019, 16:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church is responsible for the destiny of Orthodoxy all around the world 06 November 2019, 11:42
- Patriarch Kirill says global Orthodoxy will overcome schism 06 November 2019, 11:39
- Relations between Russian Orthodox Church, Russian Archdiocese abroad not based on submission - Metropolitan Jean 06 November 2019, 11:37
- Head of Russian parishes in Europe believes the West has great missionary potential 06 November 2019, 11:35
- Leader of Russian parishes in Europe expects new "Russian Exarchate" communities to join Russian Orthodox Church 05 November 2019, 19:50
- Sentence for leader of Tomsk Jehovah's Witnesses consistent with current Russian law - Peskov 05 November 2019, 16:13
- Radical Islamist detained on suspicion of plotting terror attack in Moscow 05 November 2019, 13:25
- Patriarch Kirill stopped mentioning head of Greek Church during religious service 03 November 2019, 11:32
- Patriarch Kirill gives Archbishop Jean document reuniting Archdiocese of Russian Churches in W. Europe with Moscow Patriarchate 03 November 2019, 11:27
- Metropolitan Hilarion says his meeting with Pompeo foiled by Russian Orthodox Church opponents 02 November 2019, 18:49
- Russian Orthodox Church to stop communion with head of Greek Church 02 November 2019, 18:46
- Patriarch Kirill signs document reuniting Western Europe archdiocese with Russian Orthodox Church 01 November 2019, 18:37
- Federation of Jewish Communities president calls sentence on Israeli traveler caught with hashish in Russia excessive 31 October 2019, 11:20
- Putin concerned about Christians' mass exodus from Middle East 31 October 2019, 10:00
- Armenian Church calls U.S. congressmen's recognition of Armenian genocide important for restoration of historical justice 30 October 2019, 15:35
- Russian Church hopes no one else will recognize OCU after Greek Church 30 October 2019, 15:27
- Putin plans to meet with heads of Mideast Christian Churches in Budapest 30 October 2019, 14:06
- Greek Orthodox Church de facto recognizes OCU, Ukrainian Orthodox Church calls it 'backstabbing' 30 October 2019, 12:52
- CSTO fears Islamists who fled from Kurdish custody might migrate to Central Asia 30 October 2019, 11:42
- Georgian Patriarchate denies preparations for Catholicos-Patriarch Ilia II's resignation 30 October 2019, 11:01
- Russian Orthodox Church warning of inevitable breakup with Greek bishops over OCU recognition 30 October 2019, 11:00
- Eight communities of Old Believers granted Russian citizenship, planning to move from Brazil, U.S. to Primorye 29 October 2019, 10:49
- Estonian conservatives urge authorities to deprive LGBT of state financing 29 October 2019, 10:22
- The Russian Church suggests making the Bases of Family principal school subject from 1st to 11th grade 29 October 2019, 10:05
- The Russian Orthodox Church suggests making T-shirts with Bible quotes 28 October 2019, 17:47