19 August 2016, 18:09
Putin appoints renowned religious expert Olga Vasilyeva a new Education and Science Minister
Sevastopol, August 19, Interfax - Russian President Vladimir Putin has agreed with the proposal made by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to appoint presidential administration official Olga Vasilyeva Russia's new education and science minister, Dmitry Livanov will become special presidential envoy on trade and economic relations with Ukraine.
"OK, we'll do so, I agree," Putin said, responding to a relevant proposal voiced by Medvedev at a working meeting held at the Belbek Airport on Friday.
Olga Yuriyevna Vasilyeva (born in 1960) is a professor of History, PhD on History. She got her first education at the choir and conducting department of the Moscow State Institute of Culture, then she graduated from the History Department of the Moscow Pedagogical Institute and Department of the International Relations of the Diplomatic Academy. In 1987-1990 she studied at the post-graduate department of the Russian History Institute at the Russian Academy of Sciences.
In 1990, she wrote a PhD thesis on "Soviet State and Patriotic Work of the Russian Orthodox Church in the years of World War II," and in 1999 she wrote a doctoral dissertation on "The Russian Orthodox Church in Policy of the Soviet State in 1943-1948."
From 1991 to 2002 she worked in the Center of Religion and Church History at the Institute of Russian History of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
From 2002 she chaired the Department of Religious Studies of the Russian State Academy of Public Service at the Russian President. She is a member of the Council on preparing programs on Russian History at the Russian Education and Science Ministry, member of the Committee on affairs of religious associations at Russian government. She is an author of about 150 scientific works, including seven monographs.
She is a deputy chairman of the public projects branch at the Russian Presidential Administration.
- Ukraine's Opposition Bloc to appeal bill on subordination of religious communities to Constitutional Court 17 January 2019, 17:31
- Ukrainian law on joining new church makes seizing churches easier - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 17 January 2019, 17:24
- Rada passes bill on transition of communities from one church to another 17 January 2019, 17:12
- Attempts are being made to divide Antioch Church - al-Assad 17 January 2019, 15:02
- Georgian Church to voice stance on Ukrainian autocephaly, govt not interfering - FM 16 January 2019, 18:58
- Metropolitan of Zaporozhye accuses Ukraine of attempt to 'drag God by his beard' 16 January 2019, 16:11
- Ukraine wants to re-register Kiev-Pechersk Lavra or take it away from UOC of Moscow Patriarchate - Metropolitan Pavel 16 January 2019, 16:03
- Putin describes establishment of new church in Ukraine as 'dangerous politicking' (updated) 16 January 2019, 13:43
- Inter-confessional accord in Ukraine sacrificed to Poroshenko's campaign - Putin 16 January 2019, 11:15
- Poroshenko guarantees protection to those who remain faithful to Moscow Patriarchate 15 January 2019, 16:50
- Homeless man detained on suspicion of setting fire to building at Kiev-Pechersk Lavra 15 January 2019, 14:25
- Fire at Kiev-Pechersk Lavra's building contained to area of 400 sq m 14 January 2019, 21:02
- Kiev-Pechersk Lavra's 2-storey building on fire 14 January 2019, 19:06
- Rights activists report detention of 40 LGBT in Chechnya, Grozny official says it's 'absolute lie' 14 January 2019, 15:13
- Poroshenko decorates 2 metropolitans who joined new church from UOC with Order of Prince Yaroslav Mudry 14 January 2019, 13:41
- Media review: "Metropolitan Hilarion: Russian Orthodox Church was born in Kiev, not in Moscow or St. Petersburg" 14 January 2019, 12:14
- The Ukrainian Orthodox Church compared Ukraine's new church to "Titanic" 11 January 2019, 18:52
- Georgian president doesn't hurry to congratulate Ukraine on granting autocephaly 11 January 2019, 18:47
- Culture Minister's statement on icons missing from Kiev-Pechersk Lavra is provocation - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 11 January 2019, 17:35
- Georgian Church needs time to decide on recognizing Ukraine's autocephaly 10 January 2019, 14:39
- Tomos returns from Istanbul to Ukraine 10 January 2019, 14:34
- If Georgia recognizes Ukraine's autocephaly, Russia to recognize Abkhaz Church's independence - Burjanadze 09 January 2019, 18:55
- Deputy head of Russian Orthodox Church's DECR added to Myrotvorets database 09 January 2019, 15:00
- All members of Ecumenical Patriarchate's Synod sign tomos for Ukraine – media 09 January 2019, 14:23
- Patriarch Kirill has faith in brighter future of canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church 07 January 2019, 15:04
- Putin congratulates Orthodox Christians on Christmas 07 January 2019, 15:01
- Polish Orthodox Church refuses to recognize new Ukrainian church 06 January 2019, 21:02
- Ukraine's chief rabbi speaks against law on renaming of Ukrainian Orthodox Church 06 January 2019, 20:59
- Creation of independent church in Ukraine geopolitical disaster for Russia - Poroshenko 06 January 2019, 20:55
- Poroshenko promises to respect religious choice of citizens of Ukraine 06 January 2019, 20:52