19 August 2016, 18:09
Putin appoints renowned religious expert Olga Vasilyeva a new Education and Science Minister
Sevastopol, August 19, Interfax - Russian President Vladimir Putin has agreed with the proposal made by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to appoint presidential administration official Olga Vasilyeva Russia's new education and science minister, Dmitry Livanov will become special presidential envoy on trade and economic relations with Ukraine.
"OK, we'll do so, I agree," Putin said, responding to a relevant proposal voiced by Medvedev at a working meeting held at the Belbek Airport on Friday.
Olga Yuriyevna Vasilyeva (born in 1960) is a professor of History, PhD on History. She got her first education at the choir and conducting department of the Moscow State Institute of Culture, then she graduated from the History Department of the Moscow Pedagogical Institute and Department of the International Relations of the Diplomatic Academy. In 1987-1990 she studied at the post-graduate department of the Russian History Institute at the Russian Academy of Sciences.
In 1990, she wrote a PhD thesis on "Soviet State and Patriotic Work of the Russian Orthodox Church in the years of World War II," and in 1999 she wrote a doctoral dissertation on "The Russian Orthodox Church in Policy of the Soviet State in 1943-1948."
From 1991 to 2002 she worked in the Center of Religion and Church History at the Institute of Russian History of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
From 2002 she chaired the Department of Religious Studies of the Russian State Academy of Public Service at the Russian President. She is a member of the Council on preparing programs on Russian History at the Russian Education and Science Ministry, member of the Committee on affairs of religious associations at Russian government. She is an author of about 150 scientific works, including seven monographs.
She is a deputy chairman of the public projects branch at the Russian Presidential Administration.
- Seventeen clandestine ISIL cells uncovered in Russia in 2019 17 September 2019, 18:06
- Putin says he sees Israel as Russian-speaking country 17 September 2019, 18:04
- Parishioners of the "Russian exarchate" in Paris enthusiastic about joining the Russian Orthodox Church 16 September 2019, 17:45
- Return of 'Russian exarchate' became possible due to radical changes in Russian Church, Russia in general - Patriarch Kirill 16 September 2019, 16:26
- Russian Orthodox Church denies rumors that head of Russian Church Abroad is missing 16 September 2019, 16:25
- Israel condemns defacing of monument to Holocaust victims in Ukraine's Nikolaev Region, demands perpetrators be punished 16 September 2019, 13:20
- The Russian Church about return of “Russian exarchate” parishes under its jurisdiction: a long way is almost accomplished 14 September 2019, 21:29
- Head of "Russian exarchate" of Constantinople joins Russian Orthodox Church 14 September 2019, 18:44
- Imam Velitov, convicted for justification of terrorism, leaves colony in Astrakhan 13 September 2019, 16:52
- Ukrainian court freezes "Kiev Patriarchate" liquidation 12 September 2019, 20:25
- Priest Alexander Volkov dismissed from the post of patriarchal press secretary 12 September 2019, 20:22
- Orthodox Businessman Malofeyev to leave A Just Russia 6 months after joining it 12 September 2019, 17:23
- Common moral, ethical values of all religions in Russia ensure state stability of country - Putin 12 September 2019, 17:21
- Guilt of men charged with attempted murder of Imam Chumakov unproven - Ingushetia jury 11 September 2019, 10:53
- State Dept. announces sanctions against 2 high-ranking Surgut investigators over Jehovah's Witnesses case (updated) 10 September 2019, 18:48
- The Russian Church official call modern Russian men a "national tragedy" 09 September 2019, 11:56
- The Russian Church will accept communities of the "Russian exarchate" ready to join it 09 September 2019, 11:20
- Russian Orthodox Church to continue reunification consultations with "Russian exarchate" 09 September 2019, 11:00
- Russian Jews to unveil monument to Roma victims of Nazism 05 September 2019, 16:00
- Jerusalem Patriarch takes the side of Russian Church in the "Ukrainian question" 05 September 2019, 15:57
- Constantinople appoints head of "Russian exarchate" a metropolitan responsible for establishing new church in Ukraine 05 September 2019, 13:06
- "Russian exarchate" in Europe refused to subordinate to Constantinople 04 September 2019, 10:54
- Some 40,000 Hasidic pilgrims expected to attend Rosh Hashanah celebration in Ukraine 03 September 2019, 11:07
- ROC metropolitan denies Constantinople accusations of non-canonical actions of the Moscow Patriarchate in Southeast Asia 29 August 2019, 15:43
- World Union of Old Believers set up in Moscow 29 August 2019, 13:05
- Holocaust victims monument vandalized in southern Ukraine 28 August 2019, 16:58
- Monument to Ukrainian nationalists unveiled at Jewish cemetery in Lvov Region 26 August 2019, 19:45
- Poroshenko warns of ongoing attacks on Ukrainian army, language, faith 26 August 2019, 17:13
- Founder of Russian icon museum - among victims of helicopter crash in Greece 22 August 2019, 12:50
- Al-Assad asks for Russian language teachers in Syria to counter Western culture and Wahhabism - Russian MP 20 August 2019, 15:28