19 August 2016, 18:09
Putin appoints renowned religious expert Olga Vasilyeva a new Education and Science Minister
Sevastopol, August 19, Interfax - Russian President Vladimir Putin has agreed with the proposal made by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to appoint presidential administration official Olga Vasilyeva Russia's new education and science minister, Dmitry Livanov will become special presidential envoy on trade and economic relations with Ukraine.
"OK, we'll do so, I agree," Putin said, responding to a relevant proposal voiced by Medvedev at a working meeting held at the Belbek Airport on Friday.
Olga Yuriyevna Vasilyeva (born in 1960) is a professor of History, PhD on History. She got her first education at the choir and conducting department of the Moscow State Institute of Culture, then she graduated from the History Department of the Moscow Pedagogical Institute and Department of the International Relations of the Diplomatic Academy. In 1987-1990 she studied at the post-graduate department of the Russian History Institute at the Russian Academy of Sciences.
In 1990, she wrote a PhD thesis on "Soviet State and Patriotic Work of the Russian Orthodox Church in the years of World War II," and in 1999 she wrote a doctoral dissertation on "The Russian Orthodox Church in Policy of the Soviet State in 1943-1948."
From 1991 to 2002 she worked in the Center of Religion and Church History at the Institute of Russian History of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
From 2002 she chaired the Department of Religious Studies of the Russian State Academy of Public Service at the Russian President. She is a member of the Council on preparing programs on Russian History at the Russian Education and Science Ministry, member of the Committee on affairs of religious associations at Russian government. She is an author of about 150 scientific works, including seven monographs.
She is a deputy chairman of the public projects branch at the Russian Presidential Administration.
- Russian Orthodox Church considering accepting Alexandria clergy who don't want to recognize Ukrainian schism 24 September 2021, 17:40
- Patriarch of Constantinople who visited Kiev has no right to speak on behalf of Orthodox world - Russian Church 24 September 2021, 17:24
- Russian Prosecutor General's Office designates two Scientology organizations undesirable 24 September 2021, 16:58
- Five Jehovah's Witnesses convicted in Russia's Volgograd Region 24 September 2021, 10:10
- Court dismisses appeal against forcible treatment of Yakutia shaman Gabyshev 23 September 2021, 15:22
- FJCR calls on Ukrainian authorities to expand definition of anti-Semitism 23 September 2021, 15:18
- Krasny Pakhar Jamaat added to Russian list of terrorist groups 22 September 2021, 16:29
- Ukraine adopts law on fight against anti-Semitism 22 September 2021, 13:38
- Afghanistan must form inclusive govt - SCO summit declaration 17 September 2021, 17:12
- Patriarch Kirill doubts legitimacy of authority of Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople 16 September 2021, 16:38
- Jehovah's Witness jailed for 3 years in Kostroma 08 September 2021, 10:00
- Jehovah's Witness from Pskov Region gets suspended sentence 08 September 2021, 10:00
- Putin notes contribution of Jewish religious organizations to interethnic peace, accord 06 September 2021, 14:26
- Metropolitan Hilarion compared Patriarch Bartholomew to a robber and a thief 06 September 2021, 10:52
- Russian Church concerned about the fate of Christians in Afghanistan 06 September 2021, 10:43
- Supporters of radical Islam held in Tula 06 September 2021, 10:36
- Defrocked priest Sergy's supporter remanded in custody – court 02 September 2021, 18:13
- More than 5.5 thousand clerics and monks of the Russian Orthodox Church in Russia have been ill with coronavirus 02 September 2021, 14:36
- More than 2.5 million people have visited the Jewish Museum in Moscow during its nine years of operation 02 September 2021, 14:31
- Lithuanian president promises not to allow LGBT history to be taught in schools 02 September 2021, 14:25
- Associate of former schema-hegumen Sergy detained in hatred fanning case 01 September 2021, 15:26
- Complaints about threats from Male State community should be processed by law enforcement agencies - Peskov 31 August 2021, 14:57
- Taliban to present themselves as less radical to get investments – expert 31 August 2021, 13:45
- Russian Justice Ministry adds 4 Ukrainian and Latvian religious movements to list of groups undesirable in Russia 30 August 2021, 18:12
- The church historian called the results of Patriarch Bartholomew's visit to Ukraine deplorable 30 August 2021, 16:04
- More than 500 Orthodox churches to be built in Moscow 30 August 2021, 11:07
- Russian authorities to check the construction of a closed "halal" village near Moscow 30 August 2021, 10:49
- Patriarch Kirill calls the visit of the Constantinople primate to Kiev sinful 30 August 2021, 10:40
- Organizers of Jehovah's Witnesses cell detained in Moscow 26 August 2021, 15:55
- Patriarch Bartholomew doesn't attend celebrations on 30th anniversary of Ukraine's independence at Kiev's St. Sophia Cathedral 24 August 2021, 17:51