19 August 2016, 18:09
Putin appoints renowned religious expert Olga Vasilyeva a new Education and Science Minister
Sevastopol, August 19, Interfax - Russian President Vladimir Putin has agreed with the proposal made by Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev to appoint presidential administration official Olga Vasilyeva Russia's new education and science minister, Dmitry Livanov will become special presidential envoy on trade and economic relations with Ukraine.
"OK, we'll do so, I agree," Putin said, responding to a relevant proposal voiced by Medvedev at a working meeting held at the Belbek Airport on Friday.
Olga Yuriyevna Vasilyeva (born in 1960) is a professor of History, PhD on History. She got her first education at the choir and conducting department of the Moscow State Institute of Culture, then she graduated from the History Department of the Moscow Pedagogical Institute and Department of the International Relations of the Diplomatic Academy. In 1987-1990 she studied at the post-graduate department of the Russian History Institute at the Russian Academy of Sciences.
In 1990, she wrote a PhD thesis on "Soviet State and Patriotic Work of the Russian Orthodox Church in the years of World War II," and in 1999 she wrote a doctoral dissertation on "The Russian Orthodox Church in Policy of the Soviet State in 1943-1948."
From 1991 to 2002 she worked in the Center of Religion and Church History at the Institute of Russian History of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
From 2002 she chaired the Department of Religious Studies of the Russian State Academy of Public Service at the Russian President. She is a member of the Council on preparing programs on Russian History at the Russian Education and Science Ministry, member of the Committee on affairs of religious associations at Russian government. She is an author of about 150 scientific works, including seven monographs.
She is a deputy chairman of the public projects branch at the Russian Presidential Administration.
- UOC sues Ukrainian culture ministry over name change 22 March 2019, 19:24
- Metropolitan Onufry calls on Poroshenko to put end to takeovers of UOC churches 22 March 2019, 15:06
- ECHR finds no grounds for introduction of interim measures in lawsuit filed by banned organization Jehovah's Witnesses 21 March 2019, 15:57
- Two U.S. Mormons convicted in Kuban for illegal missionary activities leave Russia 20 March 2019, 20:56
- FSB suppresses operation of Jehovah's Witnesses group in Yalta 20 March 2019, 19:09
- Metropolitan Onufry believes Ukrainian Orthodox Church will overcome the schism 19 March 2019, 10:55
- Many-thousand processions with cross held in Ukraine 19 March 2019, 10:53
- Russian embassy to Estonia condemns anti-Semitic verbal attack on chief rabbi 19 March 2019, 10:47
- Erdogan invited to inaugurate Crimean mosque - Putin (updated) 19 March 2019, 10:40
- C. Asia's most unique mosque to be built in Astana - Nazarbayev 18 March 2019, 18:30
- Estonian PM calls chief rabbi to express support, condemns anti-Semitic verbal attack on him 18 March 2019, 11:05
- Georgian president calls on Armenian Church to change its mind regarding subordination of Abkhazian parishes 15 March 2019, 17:34
- Russian Culture Ministry suggests discussing future of Spaso-Andronikov Monastery in commission for liaison between Church and museum community 15 March 2019, 15:36
- Position on transfer of Spaso-Andronikov Monastery to Russian Orthodox Church unformed, presence of museum objects needs to be taken into account - Peskov 15 March 2019, 15:33
- Patriarch asking State Property Management Agency to give Spaso-Andronikov Monastery to Russian Orthodox Church 15 March 2019, 15:26
- Terror attack in New Zealand shocks with its cruelty and cynicism - Putin 15 March 2019, 11:45
- Irkutsk shamans pay 3,000 rubles fine for sacrificing camels 'to strengthen Russia' 14 March 2019, 18:20
- Greek Church again postpones issue of recognition of Orthodox Church of Ukraine 14 March 2019, 18:17
- UN calls on Ukrainian authorities to observe rights of Ukrainian Orthodox Church flock 14 March 2019, 17:59
- Some 25% of Russians worshiping Orthodoxy keep fasts – poll 13 March 2019, 14:06
- Putin donates money for icon for Russian Armed Forces' main cathedral – Peskov 13 March 2019, 12:54
- Ukraine's Constitutional Court refuses to consider legality of Rada decision to support autocephaly tomos 13 March 2019, 12:12
- Poroshenko promised Patriarchate of Constantinople Ukrainian property in exchange for autocephaly tomos (updated) 12 March 2019, 14:44
- The Russian Orthodox Church does not strive to set up a copy of Russian Orthodoxy in Asia - expert 12 March 2019, 13:47
- Russia's level of anti-Semitism is 'conditionally harmless' - FJCR president 11 March 2019, 12:50
- Krasnodar Territorial Court upholds deportation of 2 U.S. religious missionaries from Russia 07 March 2019, 16:53
- One of 2 U.S. Mormons detained in southern Russia to be deported 07 March 2019, 14:44
- U.S. Mormons to be deported from Russia for illegal teaching 07 March 2019, 13:03
- Peskov couldn't confirm media reports on detention of 2 Mormons in southern Russia 06 March 2019, 12:54
- Russian Orthodox Church rep notes Christians' role in ending Cold War 05 March 2019, 17:54