31 August 2016, 16:33
Russian designer criticizes wearing burkini in European beaches
Moscow, August 31, Interfax - Muslims should not put on burkini on European beaches as it only provokes conflicts, renowned designer, laureate of the State Prize of the Russian Federation Svetlana Begovatova believes.
"The atmosphere in Europe is tense, it is connected with the flow of refugees. Local residents try to create conditions for their adaptation. There is no need to provoke them. It is better not to tease the geese. When you come to an alien house, you should not dictate your rules. You should better not go to the beach, if your bathing suit irritates others," Begovatova said in her interview with Interfax-Religion on Wednesday.
She found it difficult to say if it would be better to ban burkini, and said that, on one hand, Muslim women in Europe feel that "they are at home, and wear whatever they like," and on the other hand, "perhaps, someone provokes them to put on burkini."
"We should clear out what makes them behave like this and there is such catalyst. If you feel it impossible to undress, you'd better not go to the beach, you can bathe somewhere in the bushes," the interviewee of the agency said.
According to her, a full-body swimsuit burkini should not be considered fashion, "it is from the sphere of Islamic bans rooted in Islamic tradition."
As was reported, the burkini ban was recently introduced in Nice and ten more communes of Alpes-Maritimes Department. But last week French Council of State cancelled the introduced ban in beaches of Villeneuve-Loubet Commune. The supreme body of the administrative justice decided that such ban is "violation of basic rights and freedoms of citizens."
- High-ranking Russian Orthodox Church rep objects to ban on consecration of WMDs 25 February 2020, 18:33
- Islamist from Donbass arrested in Kazan 25 February 2020, 11:02
- Three religious extremists detained in Kazan 20 February 2020, 18:30
- Putin calls to halt any religious discord 20 February 2020, 13:25
- All Russian Orthodox Church parishes in Southeast Asia to pray for riddance of coronavirus 19 February 2020, 18:41
- Court arrests Moscow church attacker 18 February 2020, 19:27
- Investigators file for arrest of suspected assailant of Moscow churchgoers 18 February 2020, 12:18
- Man who attacked people in Moscow church says didn't plan crime, 'got up on wrong side of bed' 17 February 2020, 22:06
- Four members of banned pseudo-religious group convicted in Orenburg Region 17 February 2020, 18:38
- Georgian Church decides not to take part in pan-Orthodox meeting in Jordan 17 February 2020, 18:33
- Romanian Church to agree with granting of tomos to Orthodox Church in Ukraine, provided that Constantinople and Moscow reach consensus - media (updated) 14 February 2020, 21:11
- Karekin II grateful to Syria for recognizing Armenian genocide 14 February 2020, 18:08
- Pan-Orthodox meeting on 'Ukrainian issue' to be held in Amman on Feb 26 (updated) 14 February 2020, 15:08
- No same-sex marriage to be legitimized in Russia as long as I am president - Putin (updated) 13 February 2020, 17:31
- Orthodox leaders to discuss 'Ukrainian issue' in Amman in late Feb (updated) 12 February 2020, 21:28
- CPRF doesn't mind mentioning God in Russian constitution 11 February 2020, 18:30
- Criminal case opened in Transbaikal Territory after searches of residences of suspected Jehovah's Witnesses 10 February 2020, 19:57
- A woman could head the Russian Church synodal department 10 February 2020, 12:34
- Russian Church proposes to designate the special role of Russians in Constitution 10 February 2020, 12:15
- Zelensky invites Pope to visit Ukraine 10 February 2020, 11:58
- Zelensky asks Pope to help with release of Ukrainians in custody in Russia, Donbass 10 February 2020, 11:55
- Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem working as usual, has no info on property handover 05 February 2020, 21:25
- Yakut shaman complains to ECHR 05 February 2020, 18:09
- OCU terminates Filaret's membership in Holy Synod 05 February 2020, 12:27
- Russian Orthodox Church could discontinue practice of blessing WMDs 04 February 2020, 21:05
- Enshrining 'traditional marriage' in constitution at bottom of working group's agenda 04 February 2020, 19:14
- Krasheninnikov against enshrining family, God in constitution 04 February 2020, 18:58
- Pompeo praises Uzbekistan for progress in upholding religious freedom 03 February 2020, 19:17
- Marriage, not family should be defined as union between man and woman in Russian Constitution - Russian Orthodox Church 03 February 2020, 18:04
- Working group to discuss appropriateness of mentioning God in Constitution – Kremlin 03 February 2020, 13:57