09 November 2016, 18:13
Patriarch Kirill wishes Trump God's help in presidential post
Moscow, November 9, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia has welcomed news of Donald Trump becoming President of the United States by wishing him strength, God's help and successes in the forthcoming "high and responsible service."
"I cordially congratulate you on your election as President of the United States of America. The choice made by the American people testifies to the great trust in you of the people who pin their hopes on you for the country's development, change in domestic policy and international relations," the patriarch said in a letter to Trump, released by the patriarchal press office on Wednesday.
Over the many years of "active creative work" Trump has gained rich experience that will help him deal with issues concerning the organization of the state and social life and cooperation with other countries, the Russian Church leader said.
"The modern-day world faces serious problems in the resolution of which the United States of America has an important role. Only through joint efforts is it possible to counter extremism and terrorism and defend the fundamental values of high moral ideals lying at the foundation of human rights and dignity," the patriarch said.
Hopefully, the Russian Orthodox Church's long-time relations with the U.S. will continue to develop "for the good of our nations joined by shared history and Christian values," the patriarch said.
- Patriarch Kirill thanks Lukashenko for Belarusian govt's good relations with Belarusian Orthodox Church 15 October 2018, 11:32
- Minsk worried about possible schism in Orthodox Church – Lukashenko 15 October 2018, 11:29
- Lukashenko meets with Patriarch Kirill 15 October 2018, 11:09
- Ukraine never was, never will be Russian Orthodox Church's canonical territory – Poroshenko 15 October 2018, 11:01
- Ukrainian authorities to respect decision by flock who want to keep unity with Russian Orthodox Church – Poroshenko 15 October 2018, 10:58
- Patriarch Kirill hopes for continued Orthodox unity 13 October 2018, 18:07
- Constantinople Patriarchate still does not see Filaret Denisenko as patriarch - Phanar hierarch 13 October 2018, 18:05
- Constantinople Patriarchate's decision on Ukraine makes impossible Russian Orthodox Church's unity with it - Metropolitan Hilarion 13 October 2018, 18:02
- Putin, Russian Security Council permanent members discuss situation of Russian Orthodox Church in Ukraine - Peskov 13 October 2018, 17:59
- Constantinople Patriarchate's decision on Ukraine makes impossible Russian Orthodox Church's unity with it - Metropolitan Hilarion 13 October 2018, 11:02
- Lavrov calls Patriarch Bartholomew's actions on Ukraine as provocation backed by U.S. (updated) 12 October 2018, 19:35
- Russian Orthodox Church proposes convene extraordinary pan-Orthodox council to depose Patriarch Bartholomew, his Synod members 12 October 2018, 19:24
- Metropolitan of Czech Lands and Slovakia expresses solidarity with canonical Church of Ukraine 12 October 2018, 17:36
- Kremlin vows to defend Orthodox Christians' interests in Ukraine using political, diplomatic methods 12 October 2018, 14:29
- Kremlin shares Russian Church's concern over Ecumenical Patriarchate's decisions – Peskov 12 October 2018, 14:28
- "Kiev Patriarchate" initiating emergency unification assembly 12 October 2018, 14:14
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church not to participate in unification assembly initiated by "Kiev Patriarchate" updated) 12 October 2018, 12:44
- Ukraine's Interior Ministry promises to rebuff possible provocations over granting of autocephaly to Ukrainian church 12 October 2018, 12:41
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls Ecumenical Patriarchate's decision on Ukraine church 'illegal' 12 October 2018, 12:40
- Russian Orthodox Church's response to Constantinople to be tough, decisive - representative 11 October 2018, 23:19
- Patriarchate of Constantinople announces establishment of direct rule over Kiev parishes - Synod decision 11 October 2018, 23:17
- Poroshenko vows to respect rights of believers who remain loyal to Moscow Patriarchate 11 October 2018, 23:16
- Removal of anathema from Filaret forces Russian Orthodox Church to cut Eucharistic communion with Constantinople - Patriarch Kirill's press secretary 11 October 2018, 23:12
- Russian Orthodox Church accuses Constantinople of destroying foundations of Orthodox Church 11 October 2018, 23:10
- Constantinople Patriarchate's Synod revokes legal effect of 1686 tomos entitling Moscow patriarch to ordain Metropolitan of Kiev 11 October 2018, 22:48
- Archbishops' council to convene soon to elect Ukrainian Church leader who will receive tomos from Constantinople - Filaret 11 October 2018, 22:45
- Ukrainian FM Klimkin: Moscow Patriarchate has no business in Ukraine 11 October 2018, 22:39
- Moscow Patriarchate declines to comment on leaks about Ukrainian rehabilitation 11 October 2018, 17:38
- Ecumenical Patriarchate grants canonical status to Kiev Patriarchate, whose leader anathematized by Russian Church - Greek website 11 October 2018, 16:45
- Ukrainian Сhurch leader meets with Poroshenko 11 October 2018, 16:25